Congratulations to Rita Ora, the new judge on The Voice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
Forum Member
✭✭
DS favourite Rita Ora has been selected as the new female judge on BBC's The Voice!

How excited are we all? :)

Comments

• tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    I know, I cannot contain my excitement, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve.
    This is the most amazing news I have heard since Peter Andre was announced as the new 'face' of Iceland Foods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Una from The Saturdays is doing The Voice of Ireland.

Shame it couldn't be the other way around. Una > Rita.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    I know, I cannot contain my excitement, I am like a kid on Christmas Eve.
    This is the most amazing news I have heard since Peter Andre was announced as the new 'face' of Iceland Foods.

Give over, that advert is Advert of the Year. Pete and those buns, oh missus! :D

This news means the scabby Ent Lawyer is going to go ballistic now, writing blinds about 'foreign B-list singer now a judge who...'
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been known for over a week and posted in The Voice section.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very, what a babe :blush::D
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Very excited.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited I probably won't sleep until the show starts.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Low-rent compared to Kylie, but higher rent than Jessie J, so she's not a bad choice.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she learns to dress for it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who she s'd and f'd for this opportunity, Rob Kardashian, J.R. Writer and Calvin Harris show she has a history of laying down ankles parted for favours and opportunity.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Una from The Saturdays is doing The Voice of Ireland.

Shame it couldn't be the other way around. Una > Rita.

We actually have both Una and Rachel Stevens....double whammy!
    The Voice UK can only dream of such calibre :)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    DS favourite Rita Ora has been selected as the new female judge on BBC's The Voice!

How excited are we all? :)

;-) Is this shade OP?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Rita will be getting some long-overdue exposure. We just don't see enough of her in the media.
  • James_Walker2James_Walker2 Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    Low-rent compared to Kylie.
    She's always been low rent. I bet the BBC are kicking themselves for paying all that money for a brain-dead non entity who did nothing but giggle, pout, and wiggle her a*se about. Thankfully, her appearance backfired and sealed her fate when the audience saw her for what she was. Hence her dreadful album and tour flopping. Wonderful.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder who she s'd and f'd for this opportunity, Rob Kardashian, J.R. Writer and Calvin Harris show she has a history of laying down ankles parted for favours and opportunity.

Probably wrong of me but that was my exact first thought too.

She makes me queasy just looking at her...who knows though, maybe we might get to see a more palatable side to her on The Voice? I mean, there must be more to her than dick sucking skank, surely :confused:
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have been paloma faith
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find The Voice very watchable anyway but Rita Ora being involved in any way, shape or form ensures I won't even boredom or curiosity watch it all the while she's there.

She's got to be one of the most annoying, unlikable and, let's face it, outright trashy people in showbiz. Sure she's had a successful debut album and is never out of the media but I'm disappointed the BBC would hire someone so sleazy. She's more Channel 5 or ITV than BBC, who had standards once upon a time.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So I imagine you're also quite prepared to claim she also slept with Jay Z, since he signed her before she'd even met Calvin Harris ?

I'm no fan of Ora's at all, but I just find it endlessly amusing that so many people are willing to accept Rob Kardashian's claims about her promiscuity as absolutely unquestionable gospel.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I imagine you're also quite prepared to claim she also slept with Jay Z, since he signed her before she'd even met Calvin Harris ?

I'm no fan of Ora's at all, but I just find it endlessly amusing that so many people are willing to accept Rob Kardashian's claims about her promiscuity as absolutely unquestionable gospel.

Plenty of rumours on that one. Tommy Hilfiger's son is her latest. Strange she never goes out with Joe Bloggs/Mr. Not involved in showbizz/fashion etc.

Bet Will.iam's mother is on the phone telling him to keep away in case he catches something nasty(like having to write songs for her).
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Plenty of rumours on that one. Tommy Hilfiger's son is her latest. Strange she never goes out with Joe Bloggs/Mr. Not involved in showbizz/fashion etc.

Bet Will.iam's mother is on the phone telling him to keep away in case he catches something nasty(like having to write songs for her).

Ellie Goulding has had her fair share of famous boyfriends but we don't hear about her being promiscuous do we?

Oh wait, we like her don't we?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should have been paloma faith

I'd have loved it to be Paloma but she's said she can't be mean to people which rules her out of being a judge on a reality tv show.

Don't know that much about Rita Ora and her personal life but surely all that matters is that she is deemed capable of judging and helping to nurture talent? She's just as qualified as other female rtv show judges so why not give her a go?
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Probably wrong of me but that was my exact first thought too.

She makes me queasy just looking at her...who knows though, maybe we might get to see a more palatable side to her on The Voice? I mean, there must be more to her than dick sucking skank, surely :confused:

Wtf? Do you always make such personal rude comments about women or just the ones you're willing to believe rumours about? She's a human being and you're talking about her as if she's nothing because... what? Some sad creeps with no lives like to make up blind items and rumours about celebrities?

Rumours =/= actual "history".
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I'd have loved it to be Paloma but she's said she can't be mean to people which rules her out of being a judge on a reality tv show.

Don't know that much about Rita Ora and her personal life but surely all that matters is that she is deemed capable of judging and helping to nurture talent? She's just as qualified as other female rtv show judges so why not give her a go?

I love the Voice and Rita Ora is imo a really disappointing choice. I'd have loved someone like eg. Alison Moyet or Tracey Thorn - ie. fabulous, unique voices, very successful careers, experienced, great personalities, women who'd bring something really interesting and substantial to the table. (Obviously Paloma too... )

But Rita Ora? Meh.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show should be axed
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    She's always been low rent. I bet the BBC are kicking themselves for paying all that money for a brain-dead non entity who did nothing but giggle, pout, and wiggle her a*se about. Thankfully, her appearance backfired and sealed her fate when the audience saw her for what she was. Hence her dreadful album and tour flopping. Wonderful.

So agree with this. Never had strong feelings about Kylie one way or the other but she bombed in the Voice. Middle aged woman squirming around a chair and looking at everyone under her eyelashes. She actually started to appear a little unhinged. I really really hope she starts thinking about dropping the sex kitten in hot pants act soon. It's embarassing.