Options

Willow and Jaden Smith interview in the NY Times

MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
Forum Member
✭✭
Will Smith's kids Willow (14yo) and Jaden Smith (16yo) were interviewed by the NY Times. Their answers to some very basic questions were bizarre and borderline hilarious! :D

Has anyone else read this?I

Here's the link to their full interview:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=0

Here's a condensed version of the story by Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2838649/Willow-Jaden-Smith-bizarre-interview-yet.html

Remember, they're 14 and 16. Here's a classic from that interview:
Q. What have you been reading?

A. Willow: Quantum physics

I wonder what the hell they're having for breakfast! :D

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

I bet it's not humble pie.
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Read about this earlier. I genuinely feel sorry for those kids. Talk about living on another planet. Their parents really have a lot to answer for. I used to like Will Smith. Now, not so much.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pair of plonkers, as are the parents
    Heading for a big fall believing cr@p like that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're different, and that should be encouraged.

They come across as creative, independent, and thoughtful. I would be happy for my children to see them as role models actually.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is literally what happens when humans aren't given any sort of boundaries.

Jaden saying time is man made made me chuckle though.
    They're different, and that should be encouraged.

They come across as creative, independent, and thoughtful. I would be happy for my children to see them as role models actually.

Being creative, independent and thoughtful is talking complete and utter bollocks?

You'll love Scientology then.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Willow then rather bizarrely claims that time is a concept that she can control with her mind.
    'I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please,' she says. 'That’s how I know it doesn't exist.'

There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels
    Willow

I hope they were winding the reporters up.
  • Options
    lolla_7lolla_7 Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    There is a difference between kids being thoughtful, creative and independent and kids spraffing nonsense and blatantly missing out on the basic, fundemental education they need.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow then rather bizarrely claims that time is a concept that she can control with her mind.
    'I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please,' she says. 'That’s how I know it doesn't exist.'
    There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels
    Willow

I hope they were winding the reporters up.

That was the part that got me!
    Hilarious! :D

But then she's only been to school for one year (said so in the interview) so i'm not surprised she's talking nothing but nonsense!
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to read Willow's novels about the rude gal who whipped her hair back n forth.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because they know a lot of big words and have a vague concept of how to put them together doesn't make them smart. Emperor's New Clothes. They come across as precocious but as they have been treated like the world revolves around them I guess you can't blame them for believing that it does to the point where they can 'control time' (well, Willow does). Also, I wished the interviewer had pushed them a little more on the basics. "So, Jaden. Tell me a little more about the principles of quantum physics and why you find is such an engaging topic...". That's one way of discerning whether or not he's as well-versed as he's claiming to be. If you want to demonstrate that you're clever and ahead of your time you need to back it up with substance, not esoteric claptrap gleaned from skimming the preface of one of daddy's quacktum books.
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Will Smith's kids Willow (14yo) and Jaden Smith (16yo) were interviewed by the NY Times. Their answers to some very basic questions were bizarre and borderline hilarious! :D

Has anyone else read this?I

Here's the link to their full interview:

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/17/jaden-and-willow-smith-exclusive-joint-interview/?_r=0

Here's a condensed version of the story by Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2838649/Willow-Jaden-Smith-bizarre-interview-yet.html

Remember, they're 14 and 16. Here's a classic from that interview:

No offence intended but Forrest Gump has a better grasp of Quantum Physics than Willow.

A couple of fruit loops of the old scienbollockists.😃
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lolla_7 wrote: »
    Read about this earlier. I genuinely feel sorry for those kids. Talk about living on another planet. Their parents really have a lot to answer for. I used to like Will Smith. Now, not so much.

On another planet but not one in this universe.😝
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nonsense in whose opinion?

Nobody knows the origins of the universe or the real laws of physics.

I would rather my children looked up to these two rather than someone like Miley or Kim Kardashian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would rather my children looked up to these two rather than someone like Miley or Kim Kardashian.

I think your parenting skills could be called in question if you would rather see two brain dead scienbollockists kids as role models to your kids instead of you, first and foremost their role model should be a parent or grandparent not two worthless talent free voids.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple

Can someone please tell me what the opposite of an apple is :blush:
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Samsung.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have asked Willow what she thought of watching Game of Thrones for the first time...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orange
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a good laugh reading that interview. A pair of deluded crackpots spouting complete nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Microsoft :D
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You need to have a read about things Scientology teaches, it actually suppresses creative and analytical thinking. Basically it's like a religion only you have to pay for every brainwashing session individually.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Scientology ladies and gentleman.
  • Options
    honeypothoneypot Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Scientology ladies and gentleman.

This, plus untouchable celebrity status... cuckoo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple

That is also a cracker! :D

Whenever i've thought about an apple, i've only thought about eating it! :D
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At 14 Miley wasn't a bad role model. A hard working teen with her own TV show. It is as she got older she got less...erm..appropriate. In a couple of years Willow may well be giving Miley a run for her money.:D

That said, I wouldn't want any of those 4 to be role models for any child. It is sad that any one would look up to individuals who are where they are because of who a family member is, not their own talent. Especially if they then squander their advantage by being vapid.

In regards to Willow & Jaden. I find the interview sad. Willow seems a bright kid but she has been denied a proper education by her parents both academically and socially.