RAI UNO on Astra

hi, can anyone help me with the specifics of Rai Uno on Astra please? the details given by Lyngsat and What Satellite don't bring it up - it was with Sky News and stuff, wasn't it?

thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Fine for me on Astra 1KR 11568 V 22000
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget I am sometimes Scrambled, so an FTA Scan doesn't always bring me up.

Just try an unrestricted Scan and all will be well (You may even be able to watch, when the current programme has finished!)
  • richie wildrichie wild Posts: 9,888
    Forum Member
    i've just rescanned that freq. etc and get "rtm maroc, trt int, dwtv, cnbc, bbc world, sky news and tv5 monde - rai doesn't come up even in the list

11568 sr 22000 fec 5/6 vertical.
  • remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    You are tuning 11597 V
    Forum Member
    don't know what that's corresponding to on my Humax, i got it off Ebay. got all the German channels ok - just can't bring this in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remlap is right.

Is that Humax acting up in any other way?

Problems with other TPs or Sats?

Post drafted nearly 3 hours ago - DS up spout all pm :D
    Forum Member
    well, using the freqs on lyngsat i put the rest in ok. if 11568 gives 11597, do you know a corresponding freq?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't answer the question because I don't have any idea why your Receiver is slipping/frequency shifting that TP!

All I had in the back of my mind was a problem with the LNB settings, but if the issue is confined to one TP, then that doesn't make sense - particulary as the frequency difference is 29MHz, which rings no bells at all. :(
    Forum Member
    i'll try a few others later and report back, ta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as well the post didnt read Astra on Rai uno.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too true - the weight of the Satellite might have caused my halo to slip ............................. :cool:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hi,is it the humax hd receiver you are using,if so many of the lyngsat figures don't correspond to the settings on the humax,usually there is one digit of a difference at the end.11565 could be 11566 for example

rai uno is at
    11566 V
    5/6 fec
    astra 1
    on my humax hd receiver
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Stupid question perhaps but would I be able to pick this up through a sky digibox? I live in a communal block with a shared dish and only get sky digital.. is this a different frequency/sattelite?
    cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rai Uno is Free to Air on the Astra 1 frequency stated above and also on Hotbird. Unless your Communal system has a Dish aligned to 19.2E or 13E you can't get it. (Notwithstanding the sheer pointlessness of trying to use a Sky Digibox elswhere than on 28E anyway!). Sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    ok, cheers for the reply.
    Have been trying everything to get Italian channels as the wife is Italian, but I can't put a dish up where I live.
    Am currently using overseatv to stream the channels with some success..
    cheers again.
    Forum Member
    ok, here are some antenna settings on the box:
    1) astra1, lnb freq 225, 22khz enablesd
    4)astra1, lnb freq universal, 22knz auto

using setting 4, i get the TVP package, using 2 (which is for hotbird!!) i get something else.

11566 v 22000 5/6 only gives a signal level on ant setting 1, but gives the channels for 11597.

any ideas anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - Alter that LNB setting no.1 to "Universal" (as per no. 4). I note you say it doesn't give a Signal, but try it anyway and Scan.

I find that if I select the correct "Universal" setting, the Box greys out the individual switches eg 22KHz and everything works fine. One of my Boxes has "Universal 1" and "Universal 2". Just play until it works. I'm positive this is where your problem lies - Incorrect switch setting giving an unwanted frequency shift

All your Satellites should be set to the same "Universal" choice - assuming your LNB is a Universal, of course!

Even if you change a setting, you can always change it back if you're not happpy.
    Forum Member
    no, changed all the settings to universal - still no joy :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I've run out of ideas on this one. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I understand that uno = 1.
    That channel comes up as RAI1 on my Homecaste receiver. Not sure if this is of any use to the originator of this thread.
    WH
    Forum Member
    thanks, yeah i know uno is 1. i'll just have to rely on hot bird for it. thank you to all who replied :)
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    @Richie
    Did you try deleting the transponder,and then adding it again,and then try scanning.
    Forum Member
    ok, you've lost me there. how do i do that?

i've had digital sat from Astra for 9 years, but have never come across a problem like this.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    There seems to be something in the skies,thats iffy.
    I am missing 6 transponders from Astra 1,for some strange reason,no problems with the rest.
    If you check out the Humax website,you should be able to download the manual,for your specific model.
    You just simply need to delete the transponder,that Rai Uno is on,and then manually add it again to the transponder list.
    Forum Member
    cheers, i'll give it a go.