Three 4G Rollout | Free 4G for ALL!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    same here

10 days unitl we are into December and no more info.

I know there are no new sims, no new plans or things needed but as it was so close I was expecting more excitement advertising or pushing it especially for one of the busiest times of the year
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dangetti wrote: »
    same here

10 days unitl we are into December and no more info.

I know there are no new sims, no new plans or things needed but as it was so close I was expecting more excitement advertising or pushing it especially for one of the busiest times of the year

It is still undergoing customer trials, I think they want to get this feedback before they set a date.

I suspect we'll see the Christmas advert in a couple of weeks, and a switch on for at least some customers / areas in December.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    It is still undergoing customer trials, I think they want to get this feedback before they set a date.

I suspect we'll see the Christmas advert in a couple of weeks, and a switch on for at least some customers / areas in December.

Christmas advert is already out... just no mention of 4G tho. I've not heard any update to fully confirm a date but it was supposed to be the second week in, likely middle of that week.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Christmas advert is already out... just no mention of 4G tho. I've not heard any update to fully confirm a date but it was supposed to be the second week in, likely middle of that week.

There is another Christmas advert due to come out soon.

Very soon.
    Forum Member
    Pony making a return?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    There is another Christmas advert due to come out soon.

Very soon.

Are they going to put the dog on Santa's Sled with a jet attached to the bottom to show 'How much faster 4G is'? :D
    Forum Member
    xreyuk123 wrote: »
    Are they going to put the dog on Santa's Sled with a jet attached to the bottom to show 'How much faster 4G is'? :D

No.... but i want to see this! :D
    Pony making a return?

supposedly.
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    culabula wrote: »
    You did remember to turn data roaming on?

Yup. Toggled mobile data, data roaming and airplane mode several times and still nothing.

Same with my iPad. I phoned up to get data roaming enabled. When I got to Ireland I enabled it, but it remained at no service for a couple of days. Finally it got a 3G connection and registered with the network, but again no data transfer worked.
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tellytart1 wrote: »
    Yup. Toggled mobile data, data roaming and airplane mode several times and still nothing.

Same with my iPad. I phoned up to get data roaming enabled. When I got to Ireland I enabled it, but it remained at no service for a couple of days. Finally it got a 3G connection and registered with the network, but again no data transfer worked.

I've been up and down a lot recently and there have been zero problems, both on a Three UK SIM roaming and a native Three IRL SIM.

Wonder if you were there on a day where there were data issues? I know there were a few weeks back.
    Forum Member
    7 days and we are into December and no news on how the trial has gone and no launch date apart from 'December'

Considering they were last to launch and have had AGES to plan things I thought we would know more by now.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 days and we are into December and no news on how the trial has gone and no launch date apart from 'December'

Considering they were last to launch and have had AGES to plan things I thought we would know more by now.

In fairness we only don't know the launch date which I consider quite a small problem we are going hear about that within 2-3 weeks at most. So it only small bit longer to wait which to me is perfectly fine.

But we have heard about the places that are going to have 4G coverage by end of next year. I think that is a far better thing to know. None of the other networks have published anything like that best is EE 6 months in advance.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because all the other networks are already talking about places that are going to have 4G by the end of this year, and already cover everywhere I care about.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's a guy over on AVForums in the mobile section whose been selected for 4G testing and he's doing a running commentary. AFAIK its only just starting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    Because all the other networks are already talking about places that are going to have 4G by the end of this year, and already cover everywhere I care about.

Well obviously you don't travel very far unless you with EE as Vodafone and O2 are still only in a few places. I get a 3G signal in nearly everywhere I go and don't care about extra time I going have wait for 4G. To me the benefit of 4G is indoor coverage and I've gone with Three because of there record in deploying solid 3G coverage and price there offering it for.

Yes Three are behind the other networks in deploying 4G but honestly I couldn't care less because I'm going be paying less still getting 4G and keeping unlimited data. I think by end of next year Three will have caught up to Vodafone/O2 anyway because most of Three's masts only require cabinets which are lot easier fit than backhaul is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't travel very far, though I'm with EE, O2 and 3. "4G Ready" contracts on all of them yet 3 are the only ones not delivering any 4G and their only timescale for doing so is sometime before the end of next year.

Incidentally every other network had my city covered either at initial launch or had a "within 3 months" estimate a little before launch. Same time away from 3's launch and "within 13 months" is the best they can do...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    No I don't travel very far, though I'm with EE, O2 and 3. "4G Ready" contracts on all of them yet 3 are the only ones not delivering any 4G and their only timescale for doing so is sometime before the end of next year.

Incidentally every other network had my city covered either at initial launch or had a "within 3 months" estimate a little before launch. Same time away from 3's launch and "within 13 months" is the best they can do...

I do see what you mean though in fairness EE wasn't the best at there start either saying what places were going be getting. I think it a fair estimate to say that Three will have a similar rollout to places as EE did.

I know one of the cities I visit regularly Stoke On Trent will be lucky get 4G on Three by end of next year as EE have only just started turning it on in the past 2-3 weeks well according to there coverage checker anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, EE weren't the best, and to be fair Vodafone and O2 are currently just as useless - beyond the initial 3-month launch cities there's sod all info. Luckily for me I'm in one of those - to be fair I expect 3 will have LTE here well before the end of the 14 month period - but it'd be nice to know with a bit more specificity.
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    There's a guy over on AVForums in the mobile section whose been selected for 4G testing and he's doing a running commentary. AFAIK its only just starting.

Internal 4G trial ended today.

"Valued customers" in the new 4G trial will receive new SIM cards for the 4G trial. The new SIMs will be active on 28th of November. The trial starts on December 2nd for them and lasts for about 4/5 weeks. They will be asked questions and asked to complete surveys about their experience.

People may remember i hinted at December 2nd a while back when talking about St Pauls cathedral. I was hoping someone here would be on the trial and would get the hint haha.

Now, i could use some tea... some Boston tea (party)
    Forum Member
    Is that 2nd launch for trials only or will everyone get it then too?

If this is trials only then I cant see it being available to the rest of us until end of the month..... maybe around 16th :D
  • bikerladbikerlad Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the customer trial starts on the 2nd for 5 weeks, why would it launch mid trial for everyone?
    Forum Member
    bikerlad wrote: »
    If the customer trial starts on the 2nd for 5 weeks, why would it launch mid trial for everyone?

Because this is more of an experience trial. It's more so that Three can prepare for everything.

Three have already had their internal employee for the last 2 weeks where the network was tested properly.
  • bikerladbikerlad Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because this is more of an experience trial. It's more so that Three can prepare for everything.

Three have already had their internal employee for the last 2 weeks where the network was tested properly.

Thanks. My Nexus 5 is ready and waiting :D
    Forum Member
    hmmm been hearing 2nd December launch for EVERYONE
    Forum Member
    hmmm been hearing 2nd December launch for EVERYONE

hmmmmmm indeed

:D
    not for everyone
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Internal 4G trial ended today.

"Valued customers" in the new 4G trial will receive new SIM cards for the 4G trial. The new SIMs will be active on 28th of November. The trial starts on December 2nd for them and lasts for about 4/5 weeks. They will be asked questions and asked to complete surveys about their experience.

People may remember i hinted at December 2nd a while back when talking about St Pauls cathedral. I was hoping someone here would be on the trial and would get the hint haha.

Now, i could use some tea... some Boston tea (party)

Interesting they are getting new Sim cards. If this is the case then will everyone be issued with new Sim cards or is this just a test. Having to issue 10 Million new Sim cards will be costly. Plus this sounds like an additional trial when I expected a proper launch.
This discussion has been closed.