Kylie Minogue Appreciation Thread.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nebworth90 wrote: »
    Kylie's B-Sides are often crackers themselves!!

Harmony, Baby, I don't know what it is.. yeah the b-sides deserve some love :D

I was gutted that the brill heartstrings wasn't either an album track or b side (for non japanese fans) I ain't proud how i got hold of that song :o
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paper dolls was a fantastic b side and i much prefer it to spinning around which was the single it was a b side for.
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Anderson tweeted that Kylie: Les Folies Live is out on DVD June 19th... WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Best concert I have EVER been to! LOVE KYLIE! :D
  • cf80cf80 Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Steve Anderson tweeted that Kylie: Les Folies Live is out on DVD June 19th... WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Best concert I have EVER been to! LOVE KYLIE! :D

I think he means the showing of it on Sky...DVD is due out later in the year as far as I know.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been a fan of Kylie's right from the getgo. She is still my favourite.

In terms of her music, so many favourites to choose from. If I am honest, I prefer her commercial pop / dance stuff...so here goes...

From the '88 - '92 period...
    1. Better The Devil You Know
    2. Step Back In Time
    3. Hand On Your Heart
    4. I Should Be So Lucky
    5. Wouldn't Change A Thing
    6. Got To Be Certain

From her '00 - '11 period...
    1. Can't Get You Outta My Head
    2. Spinning Around
    3. On A Night Like This
    4. I Believe In You
    5. All The Lovers
    6. Love At First Sight
    7. The One
    8. Higher
    9. Better Than Today
    10. Put Your Hands Up (Pete Hammond Remix - soon to be released!)

In terms of favourite albums...Fever...followed very closely by Aphrodite...
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,715
    Forum Member
    There have been rumours and speculations that "Put Your Hands Up" is going to be released, but I don't see it happening now...

Did anyone hear "Go Hard or Go Home?" from All the Lovers EP? - that should get a release as a single of its own! Kylie's B-Sides are often crackers themselves!!

Kylie confirmed on FB last week that Put Your Hands Up will be the next single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    Kylie confirmed on FB last week that Put Your Hands Up will be the next single.

...with some stonking new remixes to boot...I might add! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES! the Put Your Hands Up news is BRILLIANT! i hope it goes top 10 - it definitely deserves it!
    TUUUUUUUNNNNNEEEE!

I wonder if she'd do the in thing and get another artist to collaborate on a 'new version'????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES! the Put Your Hands Up news is BRILLIANT! i hope it goes top 10 - it definitely deserves it!
    TUUUUUUUNNNNNEEEE!

I wonder if she'd do the in thing and get another artist to collaborate on a 'new version'????

Proof if ever you needed any...and no collaboration...
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/0-/Search.html?searchstring=kylie+minogue&searchtype=musicall&searchfilters=s%257bkylie%2bminogue%257d%252bc%257b34%257d%252b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=6

...released JUNE 5th, 2011! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miles19740 wrote: »

THANK U! Now I'm more excited than a kid in a sweet shop!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put your Hands Up is an outstanding song! :D
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Fever in my HMV store for £3, planning on treating myself to a few CD's once exams are out of the way. :D

Recently rediscovered love for Come Into My World!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    I saw Fever in my HMV store for £3, planning on treating myself to a few CD's once exams are out of the way. :D

Recently rediscovered love for Come Into My World!

Fever is one of the best albums EVER, get it my friend and wallow in Kylie's Godliness!!! I believe all of the 2000 - 2011 albums are £3 in HMV now, someone is getting one hell of a good deal!!
  • _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Body Language is my fave Kylie album, its edgey and she tried something different without alientating her fanbase too much as she did with her mid 90s music.

Red Blooded Woman should have been HUGE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted I missed the Les Folies broadcast :(

Does anyone know if its being repeated again?
  • crazyfjcrazyfj Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Gutted I missed the Les Folies broadcast :(

Does anyone know if its being repeated again?

now and Sat
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fever is one of the best albums EVER, get it my friend and wallow in Kylie's Godliness!!! I believe all of the 2000 - 2011 albums are £3 in HMV now, someone is getting one hell of a good deal!!

I just finished my exams and went straight for Fever, you convinced me completely and I was not disappointed! Its certainly one of those albums were you just cant skip a track, I especially like More More More.

Fever is fast becoming one of my favourite albums, I have always loved the singles from it but wow I have been missing out for all this time! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I got Aphrodite, my first Kylie album as a Christmas present this year and I must say I quite liked it!

Does anyone else love the track "Can't Beat the Feeling" off of that album and wish it had been released as a summer single... I really think it would have been a hit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for this thread to be pushed back!!

Ordered her Light Years - Aphrodite album collection as i thought i love Kylie, she is the Pop Princess i need it in my life! I cannot say i am a fan and JUST have a Hits CD

I mean i am never gonna be a fan (bar a couple songs) of her S/A/W work and a lot of her 90s stuff i can slide aside and embrace too. But Fever, X and Aphrodite i really like (my mum owns them all bar Body Language!) So i thought i will do what i did with Cyndi Lauper and own the boxed set of albums :cool:

Also Cupid Boy and Cant Beat The Feeling should have totally been released from Aphrodite. All the did right was have the lead single right for the release....never mind! Stuart price worked magic on the album as ever (Thanks to his astounding work with Madonna from 2000 - 2007!) he had a very busy 2009 - 2010 with Aphrodite, Night Work and Progress as well as other mixing projects :cool: and was glad Kylie finally worked with him on Aphrodite to be honest!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting into Body language a lot lately; loving those skanky synths and funky guitars.

Sometimes I like sex kitten kylie ;)

I think I rank kylie like this though:
    Indie Kylie (94-98) > 00's Kylie > SAW Kylie (I hate some of this 80's cheese...too girly and cute)

As for 00's Kylie broken down...I don't really like Light Years that much; I love a good few tracks but then the rest of it is too many camp disco/ibiza club tracks for my tastes. Fever is nice; again bit too camp and disco here and there but some cracking singles. Love Body Language for it's sensuality. X is a cracking package mixing retro to new and feeling fresh. Aphrodite is great too (it was my first Kylie album I admit).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i love it when Kylie blends sounds!

Of course Fever was out in 2001 where Electropop was into the mainstream

It was a post-Ray Of Light/Music Pop world after Electropop, Dance, French House, Electronica had launched into culture. And Light Years sounded very cheesy and dated as an album in that period.

Fever however was a camper and more eccentric take on what Madonna, Daft Punk and the Teen Pop were doing. It was like a meche inbetween. It wasnt the strict Electronica/Experiments Madonna underwent with William Orbit/Mirwais/Stuart price (in her band in the DWT) and was not the strict House/Electro styles of Daft Punk it was that lighter aspect to it i also loved about Fever.

I think Fever i can safely say i love the most. I have yet to hear Body Language, 2003 was a very experimental year again for pop with Madonnas political stances and Electro/Acoustic American Life, Britney going more ambient and Trip Hop, P!nk and Xtina going all confessional and Justin going solo as well as Beyonce it was nice to have Kylie do R&B and have success with Slow also that year! I have yet to hear the album though and will comment next week (will be the first i listen to!)

Also i like Aphrodite, while i think it sounds fillery/dated in some areas it is also packed of fun moments and campness! :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched The Aphrodite tour the other day. Amazing theme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aphrodite, for me, was BRILLIANT. It made me think though that it was a perfect send-off for Kylie's last era and for her new material she should do something bold / new.
    She has the staying power and the fanbase to take a risk. Anyone agree?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aphrodite, for me, was BRILLIANT. It made me think though that it was a perfect send-off for Kylie's last era and for her new material she should do something bold / new.
    She has the staying power and the fanbase to take a risk. Anyone agree?

Very much agree i think that after this tour she is really taking a pause to study what everyone is doing!

She has tweeted Britney i know about her love for Femme Fatale (the two princesses nawww!) and she tweeted madonna last week in anticipation for her new album. So i think she will study what Britney has done (incorporate Dub Step, Industrial sounds into Pop/Dance) and study what Madonna is doing (I mean she is a huge fan and influence also!) to find out what sounds are covered and the impact globally! And Kylie will then have enough time to really experiment again! Make herself known for going out of the box with the next album :)

And yes Aphrodite was a nice send off for her Electro/Synth Pop craze across her 00s decade! Now into a new direction :)