C5 finally getting it RIGHT

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A massive step in the right direction with the extra live feed and bringing in a show to concerntrate on the psychological aspect of the show/housemates (this was my favourite segment during BBLB and I adored BB on the couch)!

I hope the narration by Marcus is stripped back to how it used to be, and there's a vast range of ages with the housemates (hopefully with very interesting back stories that we can watch unfold on the feeds)

Would like to see the stage/way housemates enter to be something similar to how it used to be, but I imagine the set design with that eye with the weird door probably cost a chunk of money to make, so I doubt that'll happen

Edit: would be amazing if Emma could give us a proper house tour too ;)

Not too keen on Rylan presenting BOTS if their plan is to make it more formal/"classy"... but I could be proven wrong.

I really hope all these changes results in better viewing figures, C5 need to give this series a good push in the marketing department to let everyone know that the show will be fresh.

Comments

• mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    no tasks in which HMs private chats are given away to the others would be nice plus those dam name tags to go but i expect thats to much to hope for
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to reserve judgement until the show actually starts,there's plenty they can cock up along the way.
    *cough* Connor £50K *cough*
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Marcus as well. It's time to freshen up the whole show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to reserve judgement until the show actually starts,there's plenty they can cock up along the way.
    *cough* Connor £50K *cough*

That was the highlight in a very boring series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the highlight in a very boring series.
    Splitting the prize money and giving it to the most undeserving prick in the history the show was memorable,I wouldn't call it a highlight though :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've liked all I've heard so far, but I'm willing to bet they sod it all up by doing the ridiculous first night noms before they've got to know one another first again. Wish they'd not have noms til they've been in at least a week and settled in, then we'd have time to decide who we actually wanted to go first too !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Splitting the prize money and giving it to the most undeserving prick in the history the show was memorable,I wouldn't call it a highlight though :o

It was one of the biggest talking points of the whole series.

They didn't give him it, he won it.

The twist at the end was genius, pure tv gold. I'll never forget the look on Luke's face as he thinks he's won 50k only to find out Conor pressed the buzzer before him. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was one of the biggest talking points of the whole series.

They didn't give him it, he won it.

The twist at the end was genius, pure tv gold. I'll never forget the look on Luke's face as he thinks he's won 50k only to find out Conor pressed the buzzer before him. :D
    I must admit I did post screenshots of it :o
    But I would have preferred that whole event never happened.
    I don't agree with messing with the prize money at all.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    I must admit I did post screenshots of it :o
    But I would have preferred that whole event never happened.
    I don't agree with messing with the prize money at all.

it was a awful twist
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I agree the changes sound very positive. I'm looking forward to this series.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the changes sound good and I wouldnt miss Marcus either
  • ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    no tasks in which HMs private chats are given away to the others would be nice plus those dam name tags to go but i expect thats to much to hope for

I dont follow, what tasks have invovled housemates private conversations?
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    I've liked all I've heard so far, but I'm willing to bet they sod it all up by doing the ridiculous first night noms before they've got to know one another first again. Wish they'd not have noms til they've been in at least a week and settled in, then we'd have time to decide who we actually wanted to go first too !

Agree, first night noms, twists and tasks are sooo boring and annoying. Let them get in and get to know each other and give the viewers a chance to get to know the housemates too.
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Agree, first night noms, twists and tasks are sooo boring and annoying. Let them get in and get to know each other and give the viewers a chance to get to know the housemates too.

A great launch night twist would be to not have one at all :P
    Surely the housemates these days know something is going to happen?
    So I agree :)
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If live feed get good rating channel 5 might extend the hours.But two hours a night is better than none.
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind a launch twist as long as it in no way impacts on nominations/evictions.

Maybe something that will benefit the HMs like access to a gamesroom or a bar or something on those lines..nothing that effects the nomination process but helps to pull some groups of people together or something.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main show presenter - good change
    BOTS presenters - dubious
    Extra weekend BOTS - good change
    Psych show - good change
    Live feed - still just 22 hours a day short!

Still waiting to see what they do with the HL editing & narration style. That needs smartening up. And the website/twitter coverage was quite poor with the updates.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    the 2 hours might be a trial
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit On The Psych probably won't be what you think, probably a chance for C5 to bring on idiots to slander or build up the HM's of their choice.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,781
    Forum Member
    So far so good...positive changes...massive steps in the right direction...but i can't help but reserve judgement until it get's to screen! Emma will be fantastic full stop!
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member

Rest easy in the sure and certain knowledge that his 50 grand will be long gone with **^% all to show for it. The guy was an idiot, and idiots are sharpish parted from their ill-gotten.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    There is definite cause for optimism, but I'm reserving full judgement until AFTER the series has finished.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Main show presenter - good change
    BOTS presenters - dubious
    Extra weekend BOTS - good change
    Psych show - good change
    Live feed - still just 22 hours a day short!

Still waiting to see what they do with the HL editing & narration style. That needs smartening up. And the website/twitter coverage was quite poor with the updates.

I say focus on the website and have only one Twitter account, Do the text based live updates on the website in its own section because on Twitter they are limited by 140 characters :)
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    too soon to tell how C5 are going to do BB this year
    but surely it cant be any worse than it already has been on C5 can it.......
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    too soon to tell how C5 are going to do BB this year
    but surely it cant be any worse than it already has been on C5 can it.......

Instead of clips on the website, We should have a full videos section that is all about 10 mins long. We not on dial up anymore to watch 3 seconds of coverage.