Apple was hacked via its "outdated, crappy technologies"

2»

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Turkish-speaking (albeit based in London) Muslim compromises a system in an (already paranoid) NSA infested corporation, apparently reports it to them, yet doesn't get the immediate response or recognition he feels he deserves. We don't know up to that point whether any personal data was compromised in the initial breech/experiment/proof of concept (dress it up how you like - but still a crime as far as the US authorities are concerned). If the hackers side of the story is true, he afterwards compromised personal data then then went ahead and posted a video online apparently proving it. Even if we give the hacker the benefit of any doubt and trust his side of the story that the data wasn't passed on, is anyone really surprised the server was taken off line?
  • HarumphHarumph Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slightly different frameworks at the moment, but I see your point.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daveoc64 wrote: »
    Fanboyism aside, Apple has told developers to stop using the web framework that the iTunes Store (including App Store) is based on, but they haven't followed that advice themselves.

They do seem to be a fan of Google web tools to create compiled Java code. It saves time and needs a heck of a lot less knowledge. Nothing wrong with that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, skip that comment.
    I even doubt the server problem belongs to them. Someone will probably have the contract. Unlikely but it could even be Google's fault.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Actually, skip that comment.
    I even doubt the server problem belongs to them. Someone will probably have the contract. Unlikely but it could even be Google's fault.
    :)

If its a Java compromise it will lye with Oracle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the iPhone Activation is still down or was it only IOS 7 related today?

I understand the links between the developer servers and the phones so just maybe that is a sign of something about to properly kick into gear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ios7, the un released version?

Really, you are trying to figure out things on whether or not IOS7 servers are working?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be logical to be only IOS 7. News reports are scant.They simply refer to iPhone activations been down.
    Theres been lots of silly reports about. Balic even got blamed for developers password resets.
    Just 1 single iPhone Activation problem means click bait news.

It is likely just fools still installing IOS 7. A developer account link is needed!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are slowly bringing small parts of the developer site back online. Long way to go though...
    https://developer.apple.com/support/system-status/
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    It could be logical to be only IOS 7.

It was (is? not sure if it's resolved yet) not isolated to iOS 7. It was a problem with iOS 6 as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much of it is back up now though it is a small puzzle that the developer forum are still down, at least last time I looked.
    Forums seem low risk so I expected that to be one of the first up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally they managed to release the 4th beta of iOS 7 this evening too.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    bspace wrote: »
    this strange anti apple fetish is getting beyond tiresome

all companies have problems, no one is perfect, we know

True, but Apple has long had an irritating superiority complex, with many Mac owners regarding themselves as the chosen few, so it is not surprising to come across the odd bit of Schadenfreude when things go tits up in Cupertino (as they increasingly will now that Jobs has kicked the bucket).