Options

The Event channel4 9pm friday

Comments

• Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moggio wrote: »
    This is going to be a load of old nonsense that doesn't go anywhere ala Lost, isn't it?

Having seen the first 5 epsodes I would say no. It moves the story on week by week actually giving bits of information rather than constantly adding never to be answered questions.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching this against every inclination having lost interest round about the 2nd half of Season 1 of Lost!!! I'm hoping it's not as futile and long running as so many US dramas but it does look like a mix of Lost, Jericho, Flash Forward etc etc.....
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i have found it intreasting so far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying it so far...but then I am a sucker for big budget US programmes.

I also hope it isn't another Lost (gave up after 1st season) or Flash Forward (gave up after 1st episode)....

Or even worse another Southland (great drama but ended abruptly because the US fell out of love with it)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    I'm really getting into it - seems very good, but at the moment the adverts are literally every 10 minutes :mad::mad::mad: I'm going to turn it off if they keep this up.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I'm watching it at US Pace and it does get interesting. There are rumours about it being cancelled in America and it really doesn't need a second season. 8 Episodes is enough i think and the good thing is they are still filming the first season so if they do get told it wont be getting renewed at least they can tie it all up by the 8th episode.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of the flashbacks.
    It requires a great deal of concentration and we don't know yet if it's going to be any good.
    Presumes a lot, of potential audiences.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Sick of the flashbacks.
    It requires a great deal of concentration and we don't know yet if it's going to be any good.

The jumping around in time is what REALLY put me off the first episode. The time jumps continue in later episodes, but they cease to be annoying as the characters, and story, become more familiar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm now officially completely lost, too many flashbacks, I have no idea what is happening anymore :(

Going to keep watching though with the hope of getting back on track.....
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are channel 4 on a loop? same scenes again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Argh Adverts again?
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I read the novel that Flash Forward was based on and it could have been wrapped up in a two hour film.

This also has the look of one of those interminably dragged out U.S. sci-fi series that go on far longer than most people's interest like the X-Files and Lost so to quote Duncan Bannatyne "I'm Out".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Someone's compared it to Lost. That's enough for me. I'll be watching something else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm a little confused with the flashbacks and it always takes me a while to get used to the characters.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Seriously some of you cant even manage one episode?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    I am enjoying it so far...but then I am a sucker for big budget US programmes.

I also hope it isn't another Lost (gave up after 1st season) or Flash Forward (gave up after 1st episode)....

Or even worse another Southland (great drama but ended abruptly because the US fell out of love with it)

As far as I know Southland is still going.
    On April 26, 2010, TNT announced it had picked up Southland for a ten-episode third season to begin airing in January 2011.[7] TNT's renewal of the show included a substantial budget cut and corresponding cast reduction.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_%28TV_series%29
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This couldn't be any more 'Lost meets 24' if it tried :)
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it at US Pace and it does get interesting. There are rumours about it being cancelled in America and it really doesn't need a second season. 8 Episodes is enough i think and the good thing is they are still filming the first season so if they do get told it wont be getting renewed at least they can tie it all up by the 8th episode.

From Wikipedia

"On October 18, 2010, NBC announced a full season pick-up for the series, as it has performed well, averaging 9.1 million viewers to date"

So should be around for a while hopefully. Looks promising so far. Definitely worth giving a chance based on the first 40 minutes. It seems like more like Prison Break than Heroes or Lost to me.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm now officially completely lost, too many flashbacks, I have no idea what is happening anymore :(

They slow down from episode 2 onwards and rather than being annoying they enhance things.

Stick with it.
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    I heard the ratings were going down every week rather than going up. A full season just means more episodes doesn't it? The story is simple enough once you get a few episodes in. It doesn't need to be dragged out for seasons.
  • Options
    TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That smug pudding-face BT ad woman is giving me nightmares.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.nbc.com/the-event/episode-guide/season-1/33667/i-havent-told-you-everything/episode-101/33668/

The synopsis for episode one. I like these when the plot is complex.
    Don't look around the rest of the site or you'll see spoilers for future episodes,
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i liked it it not as good as lost but much better than Flashforward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite looking forward to the next one now.. good old cliffhangers. :D
  • Options
    TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah!
    A man mad time vortex portal!

Im hooked...