artem's ex wife interview in Mirror - he married her for green card??

taniawolktaniawolk Posts: 268
Forum Member
I wondered about Artem. His mother selling her story to the news of the world at the weekend cant wait to get him married to Kara with kids!! Has Artem got long term acceess to the UK?

Ex-wife of Strictly Come Dancing's Artem Chigvintsev calls him money-obsessed

by Simon Boyle, Daily Mirror 21/12/2010

Strictly Come Dancing queen Kara Tointon admits she has been swept off her feet by TV partner Artem Chigvintsev.

Kara, 27, calls the Russian hunk “a true, generous gentleman” – but she will be stunned to hear tales of a completely different side of him.

His ex-wife, American Giselle Peacock, 29, has claimed Artem became hooked on wealth, may have married her just to get a US Green Card work permit – and said he dumped her as soon as he found success.

She said: “He was a sweet, skinny Russian boy when I met him but he became more and more obsessed with fame, success and money. Kara can have him. She’s welcome to him.”

Ballroom dancer Giselle met Artem, now 28, in Blackpool in 2003 and they married the following year.

She said: “He saw living in America as the fastest way to achieve his dream of becoming a huge success. Artem didn’t have anywhere to stay, so I took him to my dad’s house in California where we shared a room.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2010/12/21/ex-wife-of-strictly-come-dancing-s-artem-chigvintsev-calls-him-money-obsessed-115875-22797186/#ixzz18haVvHdt

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that Carrie Ann Inaba doesn't have a bad word to say about him says far more than this article ever could. Two relationships in 8 years? Clearly Artem is rubbish at being a love rat. ;)
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    taniawolk wrote: »
    However things took a dramatic turn in 2005 when she and Artem auditioned for a TV show that would become Dancing With The Stars.

His charm and good looks quickly won over producer Nigel Lythgoe but Giselle was turned down. It spelled the end of their romance.

Say no more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add it was So You Think You Can Dance that they auditioned for, not DWTS.
  • NooneNoone Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    I think the fact that Carrie Ann Inaba doesn't have a bad word to say about him says far more than this article ever could. Two relationships in 8 years? Clearly Artem is rubbish at being a love rat. ;)

He's super-rubbish. :D

Poor Giselle, bitter much?:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I believe everything I read in the Mirror, especially when an ex of a current famous person is telling a deeply personal story in exchange for money lol.
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the 'Artem is rubbish' thread when you need it? Total rubbish as a love rat with only two relationships in eight years, and his latest squeeze had only nice things to say about him. What self-respecting love rat would do that? Blimey, my son's younger than him and both his latest ex-girlfriends would willingly sell their stories to the tabloids.:o

Artem's rubbish in the ambition department too. When he gets a gig as a show dancer on DWTS and is tipped to be taken on officially as a pro, he gets into a relationship with one of the judges (not Len or Bruno) and scuppers his chances of advancing his career. What rubbish. At least Lee Mead waited until after the auditions for Joseph before getting together with Denise Van Outen. :rolleyes:
  • dottigirldottigirl Posts: 2,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a natural sceptic; I'm not convinced by anything.

I said before the final that this 'showmance' malarkey was a bit convenient and the denial/titbits coming out have been (deliberately?) vague. Whatever K&A make out of it is up to them. She's not got many other options to keep her profile up and the work rolling in, has she? Especially as she's admitted (bravely?) on national TV that she has problems learning her lines.

There's a few holes in the ex's story too. How could he afford Blackpool in the first place if he was so skint?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's gay anyway. :sleep:
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That last message is so ridiculous - and if he were, how do you know?

Back to the OP - there's always someone putting the boot in. I bet the red tops were rubbing their hands with glee when Kara and Artem won. If it had been Matt there wouldn't have been any story.
  • kitty6464kitty6464 Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Say no more.

she's one bitter lady
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am always very sceptical of stories of relationship breakdowns where you only hear one side - this applies to friends talking to you in the pub about their divorce which wasn't their fault all the way up to stories from ex-partners that suddenly appear when there is money involved.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well I am a bit suspicious of any Strictly romance stories, quite honestly. We have had too many of them and the romance seems to disappear once the show is over. I wonder how many of the professional dancers actually keep in touch with their previous partners (we always hear them say they have made a friend for life etc.....). Aton did not turn up for a charity event with Anne!! Show over, friendshp over by the sound of things. I think Kara I should be be very, very careful about this guy. Sure his ex- wife sounds bitter but it is interesting to note that every time Artem has a relationship it seems to improve his career!! Never liked the flashing white teeth and fitness studio muscle body anyway!!! Kara seems a really nice girl and I noticed after gushing on Loose Women about Artem, she seems very careful about her comments now regarding the "romance"!!! Hopefully it is a PR exercise to keep their profiles up in the media and nobody will end up broken hearted.
  • kittleskittles Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice to see your bitterness about Kartem continues unabated OP

I look forward to

Kara kicks grannies and Artem eats puppies
    Forum Member
    Well I am a bit suspicious of any Strictly romance stories, quite honestly. We have had too many of them and the romance seems to disappear once the show is over. I wonder how many of the professional dancers actually keep in touch with their previous partners (we always hear them say they have made a friend for life etc.....). Aton did not turn up for a charity event with Anne!! Show over, friendshp over by the sound of things. I think Kara I should be be very, very careful about this guy. Sure his ex- wife sounds bitter but it is interesting to note that every time Artem has a relationship it seems to improve his career!! Never liked the flashing white teeth and fitness studio muscle body anyway!!! Kara seems a really nice girl and I noticed after gushing on Loose Women about Artem, she seems very careful about her comments now regarding the "romance"!!! Hopefully it is a PR exercise to keep their profiles up in the media and nobody will end up broken hearted.

That about says it all.:)

How did his relationship with Carrie Ann improve his career?

He's pretty rubbish at 'dating up' as he went back to be a jobbing dancer after he broke off the relationship with Carrie Ann - who remains very complimentary about him - the money-grabbing b*st*rd!:D
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took them long enough to dig up a bit of dirt. Then again the dirt is worth a bit more now that they lifted the glitter ball.
    Some love rat..........two relationships in eight years......and has been said Carrie-Anne Inaba has nothing but good things to say about Artem.

Big improvement on Joe Swash IMO
  • Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the pictures of the ex looking forlorn and betrayed in a bikini!? (Read twinset and pearls if you're a Mail reader).

No wonder the Mirror loses out to the Sun as Britain's best-read newspaper, they really need to learn to sex it up more :mad::p
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO at:
    "Kara can have him. She’s welcome to him.”

Like either of them are seeking or in need of her permission or blessing. :confused:

Weaned on lemons! ;) :cool:
    Forum Member
    Noone wrote: »
    That about says it all.:)

How did his relationship with Carrie Ann improve his career?

He's pretty rubbish at 'dating up' as he went back to be a jobbing dancer after he broke off the relationship with Carrie Ann - who remains very complimentary about him - the money-grabbing b*st*rd!:D

Carrie Anne is very well known in the USA and they appeared in Hello type magazines, went to various events together, thereby Artem had a higher profile in the State than he would have had if he had been dating a pro-dancer or whatever. Obviously you think he is the beesknees LOL and perhaps he and Kara will be happy together, who knows and who cares really, it does not change OUR lives either way!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Meh.

Compared to Vincent, Artem's a bit of an amateur I'd have thought, I mean didn't Our Vince have a child with someone and dump her?
  • genieinabottlegenieinabottle Posts: 1,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Story now in the daily mail too. No surprise to me But then isnt kara a bit of a user with her boyfriends too. A pair well met.
    Forum Member
    Carrie Anne is very well known in the USA and they appeared in Hello type magazines, went to various events together, thereby Artem had a higher profile in the State than he would have had if he had been dating a pro-dancer or whatever. Obviously you think he is the beesknees LOL and perhaps he and Kara will be happy together, who knows and who cares really, it does not change OUR lives either way!!!

Obviously you don't...LOL :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Story now in the daily mail too. No surprise to me But then isnt kara a bit of a user with her boyfriends too. A pair well met.

I'm impressed you know them both so well. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes the culture shock of American life for Europeans going over there is too much to swallow. The Peacock girl is typically brash American pie, and probably did all the proposing for marriage, while Carrie Anne, a mature confident woman 14 years older and of Japanese/Irish descent having lived in Japan for many years, would have known better how to deal with a shy boy with career dreams.

Also, their split with their careers taking off in different directions appears to have been entirely amicable, and Carrie Ann's bio just says she was "dating" Artem for 2 and a half years.

Amazing that the tabloids are still trying to dish up dirt now that the competition's over.
    Forum Member
    Noone wrote: »
    Obviously you don't...LOL :rolleyes:

Yes you are right, not my type more into a guy like Matt!!! I am sure he will be SHATTERED and DEVASTATED to know someone out there does not fancy him!!!!!!! LOL:rolleyes:
    Forum Member

Kara is a bit of a user???? Really, she went out with that awful Joe Swank from EastEnders, gosh I was surprised as I think he is ghastly!! What a lucky escape she had getting rid of him. I think Kara is beautiful and rather lovely.