Options

Job Advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey all

My OH has gotten a job as head baker. It is great news but it means he will be moving towns and cities for the role/ because of the hours he wont be commuting,9he'll be working nights 6 days a week) he will be moving back home with his parents.

we have been living together for ages, and our lease is up in the summer. Ill be living on my own and trying to get up to him on weekend, or vice versa. I am starting to look for work in the town he is moving to, cos i don't want to live on my own. i work days as it is, so for him to commute would be madness

Problem is I am doing an internship at moment Should i tell my boss of the change in my situation or should i wait until I have an interview first? It is a government sponsored one and the objective of the internship is to find FT work at the end of it, and we are meant to get time off to look for work etc. So should I tell my boss of the situation and see what he says or keep quiet until I have an interview in the town I want to go to? Only problem is it could take months for it to happen. and I am worried about being on my own, and of being lonely. How sad am i!!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be inclined to say nothing until you have an interview.

I don't know the terms of your internship though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of the internship is that you can look for FT work. The whole point of the internship is to secure a full time position and gain experience. Hopefully I will be able to get something soon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the purpose of the internship then just wait until you get an interview.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    If that's the purpose of the internship then just wait until you get an interview.

Thanks ;)