Options

PPPwidget and SuperSU - how to reset?

pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
Forum Member
On the advice of someone here, I installed PPPWidget on my Google Nexus and was then able to use my 3 Huawei USB dongle successfully. I first had to root the Nexus, which I did successfully, and in the process SuperSU was installed. I had no problems for several months accessing the net with the USB dongle.

The other day I noticed the PPPWidget was updated along with other apps and since then my Nexus reports 'no root access'. I have just looked up on the net and I am told I should check the SuperSU settings. As I dont't at all dick around with these things, I should imagine something was reset with PPPwidget was updated.

My question: what setting should I be looking at on SuperSU to ensure it allows the PPPwidget app root access. I'm afraid most of it is all Greek to me.

PS Just checked SuperSU: it says 'there's is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it'. Why is that? It worked before but now no longer. I do dimly recall that Android was updated to 4.2.2 - could that have changed things? Do I have to root again (which is a hassle as I can't remember how I did it the first time)?

Comments

• Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If your Nexus updated to 4.2.2 you will need to root again...
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    boyzie wrote: »
    If your Nexus updated to 4.2.2 you will need to root again...

The rooting website I found says to start press volume down and start, but the screen I get is not the same as that shown on the website. Did 4.2.2. change all the recovery, bootloader etc bollocks, or am I going wrong somewhere?
  • Options
    ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    The rooting website I found says to start press volume down and start, but the screen I get is not the same as that shown on the website. Did 4.2.2. change all the recovery, bootloader etc bollocks, or am I going wrong somewhere?

I had to re-root over the weekend...the bootloader screen did look slightly different, but not a lot.

I didnt pay too much attention to it, once in the bootloader menu I just ran the widows file, and the tablet rebooted a couple of seconds later.