Options

Artist specific theme nights

21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
Forum Member
We've had some good (Take That night 2008), some bad (Barry Mannilow night 2006) and some plain weird (Gaga week 2011) but it looks like artist specific nights are here to say.

With that in mind, are there any artist's songbooks that you'd like to see X Factor perform an "homage" to.

Cowell promised us a Bowie night several years ago and that's yet to come off (perhaps mercifully, I don't think I've ever encountered an X Factor act with the musical maturity to pull off a Bowie night) and there's been some talk of a Girls Aloud v Spice Girls night, which could be... fun?

I personally think a Christina Aguilera night is overdue. Not that I'm her biggest fan, but she has a varied enough back catalogue (and most importantly, enough shrieky ballads) to provide us with a well rounded show.

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see this 5 nights

Bob marley
    UB40
    P!nk
    Dolly parton
    Tina turner
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mary J Blige or Beatles theme night for me.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    There needs to be a Rihanna night.
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have a Heavy Metal week, that would sort the men from the boys :D:D

and no cop outs allowed like Tik Tok and Push It like Tulisa got away with^_^
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delz wrote: »
    They should have a Heavy Metal week, that would sort the men from the boys :D:D

and no cop outs allowed like Tik Tok and Push It like Tulisa got away with^_^

Tulisa had a point that year that she wasnt allowed to turn a pop song into a rock song but the judges changed rock songs into pop songs and ballads
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A paloma faith night would be epic.

30 minute love affair
    Black and blue
    Agony
    Trouble with my baby.

All amazing songs
  • Options
    delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tulisa had a point that year that she wasnt allowed to turn a pop song into a rock song but the judges changed rock songs into pop songs and ballads

Yeah I can see where she was coming from I suppose, but I do like Rock and wish it was represented more so was disappointed in her choices obvs.

To stop any confusion then I'd have an Avenged Sevenfold week :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the contestants they have this year, Stevie Wonder would be a great theme
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they give the tiresome Elton John/Take That/Beatles weeks a miss this year.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »
    I just hope they give the tiresome Elton John/Take That/Beatles weeks a miss this year.

Me too. Drives me nutty that it's the same songs year in year out.