Bring Julian Simmons to UTV Ireland

stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
Forum Member
✭✭
Our Irish friends are missing Julian Simmons the UTV Northern Ireland Continunity announcer. Lets get Julian back on 'the UTV' introducing Coronation Street to the whole of the Island.

[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktiJUUBLPo[/url]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6kqkavY6nFU

Comments

• wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree he is so outdated it will be a relief to get him off UTV.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wacky joe wrote: »
    I agree he is so outdated it will be a relief to get him off UTV.

No I meant have him on both channels introducing corrie etc.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But nowwww...

Julian might not wanna do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But nowwww...

Julian might not wanna do it.
    It could be a simulcast.
    He loves it he is always so happy when introducing Corrie.
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Please take him down south and keep him, or push him off a cliff or something.

Same second rate James Young impression for 20 odd years now and an absolute ballbag off screen as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was a legend in Northern Ireland
  • PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good heavens no. They can keep him up north.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Please take him down south and keep him, or push him off a cliff or something.

Same second rate James Young impression for 20 odd years now and an absolute ballbag off screen as well.
    100% agree
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Good heavens no. They can keep him up north.

Well he can't be any worse than that girl that was introducing Corrie last night- really awful - stuttering and stumbling over the words- Corrie was nearly over by the time she introduced it- she is probably a very nice girl but a terrible continuity announcer:o
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    ...and an absolute ballbag off screen as well.
    I met him once and he was nothing but lovely to me and my friends, stayed and chatted with us for about 20 minutes and was happy to pose for pictures and chat to everyone who approached him whilst he was with us. Perhaps you caught him on an off day?
  • Paul_PPaul_P Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I met him once and he was nothing but lovely to me and my friends, stayed and chatted with us for about 20 minutes and was happy to pose for pictures and chat to everyone who approached him whilst he was with us. Perhaps you caught him on an off day?

He was in the petrol station on the Holywood Rd, looking daggers at everyone, he must have left something at the counter because he barged right back up to the front of the queue muttered something under his breath and flounced off. Then he reversed straight out in front of my OH in his silly wee yellow motor and started giving it rice through the window, that level of muppetry is more than an off day.
  • Georges GrunGeorges Grun Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You often see him circling the pate section in M&S Donegall Place.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Republic has been in mourning for Julian since UTV Ireland launched.
    His bright orange face and chirpy manner has been welcomed in the homes of all Irish people for generations now...we can't just expect to do without him!
    The man is an institution, a "national treasure" even, it isn't fair to limit his audience to a handful up North.
    Bring him back now!!!!!
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,935
    Forum Member
    You often see him circling the pate section in M&S Donegall Place.

Is that some kind of euphemism?
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surely in the RoI, they can add UTV NI on Sky using the add channels or is it now blocked? They could also get a Freesat receiver and watch on that....
  • Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    His bright orange face and chirpy manner has been welcomed in the homes of all Irish people for generations now...we can't just expect to do without him!
    The man is an institution, a "national treasure" even, it isn't fair to limit his audience to a handful up North.
    Bring him back now!!!!!

Oh right, so theres at least one thing Orange you want to import from up here then?

Please, youre welcome to him. We'll throw in Rose Neill too, if you want.
  • PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Bring him back now!!!!!

I hope that is a poor attempt at humour.
  • BannsiderBannsider Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Please please extradite him to UTV Ireland. He is a complete and utter narcacist with no talent or class.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Just get him anywhere except on our TV screens! Gillian lives near me so I know all about him as you see him walking up the road basking in his fame.

You just know he is a right bitch.