Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Who are those bellends that would pay nearly a tenner for a Burger King meal?

People who've actually been to burger king.
    I like their food. Better than mcdonalds but last time I bought a bacon xl cheeseburger and coke and it cost me £8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best boy wrote: »
    Lorraine Kelly full stop.

Talking of 'Worst adverts...' and useless women, the Maltesers ad. Two thick women. One - the one doing the baking - averagely pretty but obviously eats more than she bakes. The other, apparently having been turned down for a job for a 'prettier girl'. Maybe if you didn't look like Olivia Colman you might have a chance, love.

Maybe if she acted as well as Olivia Colman she'd have got the job.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like their food. Better than mcdonalds but last time I bought a bacon xl cheeseburger and coke and it cost me £8

Are you in London? It's about a fiver here.
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where you at a Burger King at a motorway service station/train station or airport, as Burger King tend to charge around double the price at these outlets when compared to the normal high street price?
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if she acted as well as Olivia Colman she'd have got the job.

Lol, burn.

The advert is a pretty harsh example of sexism directed at a woman by other women.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much a worst advert but a general trend I've noticed over recent years - take a well-established pop song, do a cover it with basic-tier acoustic guitar and infuriating breathy vocals, and slap it over some breakfast bar commercial or any hipster-related lifestyle product. The latest abomination is a murdering of 'Welcome to the Jungle'... absolute bag o'wank.

Said the same thing a few months ago. It's insufferable isn't it, ruins many a song (which within its own context as a song, is more bearable than when it's pimping a trendy product). You tend to the only associate that song with that product, and it then just gets annoying.

The only one I like, and which works imo, is the IKEA use of 'This Head I Hold' by Electric Guest, which is quirky and upbeat to go with the spinning room. But the mournful indie ballads seem to be a bit of plague at the moment.
  • Options
    AnonandonAnonandon Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Didn't Alan Shearer once advertise McDonalds and he was crap at that as well?
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Said the same thing a few months ago. It's insufferable isn't it, ruins many a song (which within its own context as a song, is more bearable than when it's pimping a trendy product). You tend to the only associate that song with that product, and it then just gets annoying.

The only one I like, and which works imo, is the IKEA use of 'This Head I Hold' by Electric Guest, which is quirky and upbeat to go with the spinning room. But the mournful indie ballads seem to be a bit of plague at the moment.
    I bought the Electric Guest album on the back of that song (really good it is too), and at least it's the original on the advert. The one that drives me mad is the female 'singing' 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World'. I think it's a trailer for Hunger Games. Hate it!!!
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Lol, burn.

The advert is a pretty harsh example of sexism directed at a woman by other women.

In case it wasn't know, they are the comedy duo, Watson and Oliver.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    In case it wasn't know, they are the comedy duo, Watson and Oliver.
    Referring to them as a 'comedy duo' is almost a breach of the Trade Descritpions Act. The two series they did on the BBC were amongst the most awful sketch shows I have ever seen. The dark-haired one had at least one funny moment - on Peep Show, she played the daughter of the army colonel who Mark almost gets to write the book for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Are you in London? It's about a fiver here.

Up north. Was at a motorway services
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    What would you like :-
    a) Pay back bailout money;
    b) Reduce charges to those in difficulty;
    c) Refund money to a shopaholic for another (unnecessary) pair of shoes;
    d) Show kids how to run a simple computer program;
    e) Help pensioners with a web search;
    f) Waste millions on sponsoring already overpaid footballers;
    g) Base their rewards on how well you do your job;
    h) ...
  • Options
    SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the Lenny Henry lookalike in the Kia advert who says "pop and go"

So annoying
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Christmas is over and the rag trade is looking to extort yet more money out of people with their average dross. 'SimplyBe', 'Very', 'Look Again' (the one with the mono-expressioned Stacy Solomon) and - most ridiculously - Marisoto. This is the 'fat woman' division to the 'fat bloke' Jacomo. Their latest ruse? 'Shapology', where fat birds put on tent-like dresses, look in a mirror and then assume an 'OMG!' face as they delude themselves that they've suddenly become slim and attractive.

They haven't.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    yviebabe wrote: »
    I bought the Electric Guest album on the back of that song (really good it is too), and at least it's the original on the advert. The one that drives me mad is the female 'singing' 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World'. I think it's a trailer for Hunger Games. Hate it!!!

Its the bbc2 drama The Banished
  • Options
    StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quofan wrote: »
    What? You mean she had some in the first place??

To think Gordon Broon wanted to put her in the House of Lords...

This week she's fronting a doco along the lines of "sugar is evil". Another bandwagon for her to jump on in order to get back on telly.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Referring to them as a 'comedy duo' is almost a breach of the Trade Descritpions Act. The two series they did on the BBC were amongst the most awful sketch shows I have ever seen. The dark-haired one had at least one funny moment - on Peep Show, she played the daughter of the army colonel who Mark almost gets to write the book for.

The blonde one (Lorna Watson) was terrific as a spunky nun in Father Brown, obsessed with detective stories and helping FB, I wish she'd been a regular character. She was also very funny as the 'cat lady' in the Direct Line ads with Chris Addison.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest the Lidl adverts with the smug self satisfied middle class diners at the restaurant being served Lidl food. Also thier spoilt brats.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farmfoods - they've got rid of Len Goodman and instead have replaced him with Bradley Walsh (and we're meant to believe that he shops there).

He wonders what you can get for £10, as he doesn't get much on his plate. I can get quite a lot on my plate for that much - but then I do live in Peterborough and not within the M25.

Also, Air Wick: they've made a spray that can change fragance. It now produces a melon smell "which reminds Anna to tell that funny story from last summer".
  • Options
    sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for the Lidl advert and not just because it's so silly...loads of pub restuarants source their food really cheaply and wouldn't dream of charging the customer the same price they paid for it...it's that woman near the end who says "It's so tend-dah" in that awful teenage whinge voice!
    ...Just when comic relief finished and we no longer have to hear that god awful noise from malteser cake woman...along comes this annoying bint!
  • Options
    CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    Another vote for the Lidl advert and not just because it's so silly...loads of pub restuarants source their food really cheaply and wouldn't dream of charging the customer the same price they paid for it...it's that woman near the end who says "It's so tend-dah" in that awful teenage whinge voice!
    ...Just when comic relief finished and we no longer have to hear that god awful noise from malteser cake woman...along comes this annoying bint!

"This lamb is ridiiiiiiiiculously goooooood"

Twunt.

And how cringy is the guy doing his most hammy RADA-taught "dramatic stare" as he's told they're getting money back. "Lovey, your motivation is shock and awe. Find your truth."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Is that that some slowed down, out-of-breath version of Welcome To The Jungle on a Lynx advert now? :confused: Sounds dreadful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that that some slowed down, out-of-breath version of Welcome To The Jungle on a Lynx advert now? :confused: Sounds dreadful

For lynx I'd expect the original GnR version
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »

Dont you just love restaurants that let dogs wander about and beg for food...lovely stuff.
  • Options
    Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winner Bingo

A grubby, not what you could describe as attractive, man stripping to encourage gambling.
This discussion has been closed.