HBO Game Of Thrones S05 (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Of course the Harpies could be "pit fighters" that would explain their skills.

Is it beyond reason to believe that Sansa could be LF's daughter!!
    The harpies look like Meereenese nobles. The pit fighters were slaves.

And lolno Sansa is not Littlefinger's daughter.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^ But how do we know, she's ginger for a start, where as the rest are dark haired, if we are led to believe all thats been said about John Snow.

And the Harpies could be dressed like that, but thats not a guarantee their not trained fighters. I can't see nobles of their race being that great a fighter.
    Forum Member
    ^^ But how do we know, she's ginger for a start, where as the rest are dark haired, if we are led to believe all thats been said about John Snow.
    Because there is absolutely 0 evidence of Sansa being anyone other than the daughter of Ned and Catelyn. She's ginger, so? All of the Stark kids apart from Arya are supposed to look more like Catelyn than Ned.

Whereas with Jon, there is actual evidence of what you're suggesting. There's nothing with Sansa. And additionally, in the books (don't shoot me), Catelyn says that King's Landing is the first time she'd seen LF since his duel with Brandon. Sansa was born years later. And lastly, Catelyn hated Jon. Hated him. But she wouldn't have gone and had a bastard herself. That would go against the Tully words 100% and if nothing else she was a proud Tully.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »

They already said on the show that the son of the Harpy they caught the other week (the one who killed White Rat) was a poor man (a free man though, not a former slave) who was paid by the Masters to do their fighting/killing for them.

It's not out of the question that they hired former Pit fighters to do the same.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    They already said on the show that the son of the Harpy they caught the other week (the one who killed White Rat) was a poor man (a free man though, not a former slave) who was paid by the Masters to do their fighting/killing for them.

It's not out of the question that they hired former Pit fighters to do the same.

Yes, particularly since Dany is currently denying the pit fighters the chance to fight by keeping the pits closed and they are bound to resent that. It's certainly possible.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

It seems very out of character for Catelyn and we saw no sign of that sort of relationship between Cat and Littlefinger when they met.

I always get a very strong impression of unrequited love from Littlefinger I just can't see them having been a couple at all.
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's just no way Littlefinger is Sansa's father.

It'd be a proper jump the shark moment. It wouldn't make any sense.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always had the impression that Littlefinger's love for her was unreciprocated.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    In that infamous scene in season 1 with Ros and that other hooker didn't he say 'I'm saving myself for someone else' or words to that effect when he was asked to join in?
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I think he said "Play with her arrrrse"
  • LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so, I'm just starting to get behind Stannis and if he does take the throne that would make Shireen heir and I think it'd be pretty cool having a queen with grey scale on the throne in future.

However I'm just not so sure she's safe. Melisandre still holds a power over Stannis, and she could probably somehow manipulate the situation, making out that it was all Selyses idea to burn Shireen (if that did happen). Also if she got something out of doing it that greatly helped Stannis to the throne, would he care as much.

I could see fanatical looney Selyse sacrificing herself to the Red God and taking poor Shireen with her. Hope not.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How and why did Cersei and Tywin allow Tommen to grow up to be so weak? He carries all the menace of a vanilla blancmange. With Joffrey in line to be king, was Tommen in line to inherit Casterly Rock? Wouldn't he have needed to be trained for that? The minor children (Arya and Bran) of a lesser lord had more about them in Season 1 than Tommen does now. Cersei may have put all her rotten eggs in the Joffrey basket (case), but Tywin was dedicated to the Lannister legacy and surely, the almost diffident Tommen would have offended him?
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always had the impression that Littlefinger's love for her was unreciprocated.

This is what I think too. I'm sure catelyn just felt pity for him.

I also think that Sansa is the only person in the whole of westeros who now has the upper hand over Littlefinger. This could be very interesting for the future if Sansa A) survives te Boltons, and B) decides that she's ready to play the game properly.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I think he said "Play with her arrrrse"

Pmsl :D:D:D
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. One of many things this show does well is to offer light relief among the heavy stuff, so it was great to see the sparring between Tyrion and Jorah and between Jaime and Bronn.

I said last week that Cersei and the sparrows will not end well. It surely isn't a good idea to be cosying up to an ultra-pious religious group when your son - the King, no less - is the product of an incestuous relationship.

Littlefinger has always creeped me out but his kiss with Sansa was just...yuck. I really hope she escapes whatever fate he has lined up for her and ends up on or very close to the Iron Throne at the end of it all.

I'd be gutted if Grey Worm and Ser Barristan are dead. Dany is fast running out of allies and if she keeps resisting opening the fighting pits she'll have no friends left. Unless she's willing to take Jorah back if he delivers Tyrion to her.

And hats off to Jon for resisting Melisandre. I wouldn't have. I loved her "you know nothing" line. She's a sly one.

And Stannis has often been criticised (probably more in the books than the TV show) for being a bit cold and unemotional so it was really heartwarming to hear his speech to Shireen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    How and why did Cersei and Tywin allow Tommen to grow up to be so weak? He carries all the menace of a vanilla blancmange. With Joffrey in line to be king, was Tommen in line to inherit Casterly Rock? Wouldn't he have needed to be trained for that? The minor children (Arya and Bran) of a lesser lord had more about them in Season 1 than Tommen does now. Cersei may have put all her rotten eggs in the Joffrey basket (case), but Tywin was dedicated to the Lannister legacy and surely, the almost diffident Tommen would have offended him?

Hmm, I don't see Tommen as weak. He's hugely inexperienced, yes. His brother only parked it a few months (maybe weeks?) back, so he's been thrown into this role without any preparation.

He's a nice boy who's starting to learn the ropes.

On the other hand, currently he *is* very malleable, which is good news for the puppetmasters of Kings Landing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Dany is fast running out of allies and if she keeps resisting opening the fighting pits she'll have no friends left. Unless she's willing to take Jorah back if he delivers Tyrion to her.

I'm a little unclear why Jorah thinks she would want Tyrion. We know he's a very able administrator, but does she? Or is he to be some sort of hostage? Jorah is not exactly treating him with respect.
    And Stannis has often been criticised (probably more in the books than the TV show) for being a bit cold and unemotional so it was really heartwarming to hear his speech to Shireen.

I'd have found it more heartwarming if he'd taken less than twenty minutes to return her hug. I know he's not a touchy-feely guy, but she is his child.
    Forum Member
    I'm a little unclear why Jorah thinks she would want Tyrion. We know he's a very able administrator, but does she? Or is he to be some sort of hostage? Jorah is not exactly treating him with respect.
    Tyrion is a Lannister. His brother killed her father and his father sacked her father's city and allowed someone else to take his throne.

Daenerys considers the families who rebelled against her father as her enemies: the Lannisters, Starks, Arryns and Baratheons (plus about a million others). Jorah probably thinks she'll be grateful for delivering one of them to her, so she can have him killed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah right, nothing personal, then :D
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the sons of harpys must be former out fighters ... Especially with the bugging dany to reopen them ... It must either be a big part of future plot line ... Or an explanation for why and how they can take on the unsullied
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the deviation doesn't make much sense to me and I don't think the justification of putting Sansa at risk is really there.

Any chance we could keep references to the books in the other thread? Especially any complaints about 'deviations' since it's completely off topic for this non-book thread.

And lolno Sansa is not Littlefinger's daughter.

Some of the harpies did appear to wear noble dress but some also did not and looked like they might be 'slaves'.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit I indulged in reading some internet speculation about Jon Snows parentage.

I was focusing on a comment made on S1, but gradually came to the conclusion that it was related to a S1 plot, and not Jon Snows parentage.

I had decided upon
    He was a Stark due to the striking similarity to Robb

But hadn't got a whole of further.

One of the speculation speculations fits my theory, and explains why Ned never mentioned his mother,
    And why a seemingly iron clad honourable Lord like Ned claimed Jon as his bastard

The
    characters
    I have in mind were also given prominent mentions by several others recently in different settings and would explain the Red woman's interest in him
    Due to his father's bloodline, not his mother
  • WishesWishes Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Remember also that Reek, Ramsays castrated slave, killed Sansas brothers, or pretended he had. Sandra would have grown up around him. He may redeem himself.
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    Any chance we could keep references to the books in the other thread? Especially any complaints about 'deviations' since it's completely off topic for this non-book thread.
    :confused:

Whether it's from the books or not, the plot doesn't make any sense (IMO, at least) and that was the entire point of my post which was completely on-topic. I don't want to actually gooff-topic, but some people in this thread can be hyper-sensitive to any kind of vague reference to the books even existing and it's irritating. Feel free to berate me if I'm actually talking about the plot in the books (which I won't do), but what does it matter if I label something a "deviation", without any elaboration? That is not a spoiler.
    Wishes wrote: »
    Remember also that Reek, Ramsays castrated slave, killed Sansas brothers, or pretended he had. Sandra would have grown up around him. He may redeem himself.

Yup. She won't be happy with him when she meets him :D
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a thread about the tv show.

There is a thread about the tv show + books.

Nothing wrong with those of us participating in the tv show thread getting a little annoyed when book chat starts yet again. Although I have to say, it's much better this year than it has been previously :)