Options

Favourite Eastenders Character?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
Forum Member
Kat Slater is my favourite Eastenders character for sure. She is played by a superb actress and her storylines were brilliant. I think my favourite storyline was when she revealed that she was Zoe's mother. She's a feisty character; always getting into fights, (and winning all of them with ease :D) I'm so glad she's back in Eastenders; I haven't watched the soap for over a year and I am only watching it now because she's in it. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    I honestly couldn't pick 1; I'd have to give a top 10

Den Watts
    Sharon Watts
    Angie Watts
    Chrissie Watts
    Kathy Beale
    Kat Slater
    Dennis Rickman
    Cindy Beale
    Pauline Fowler
    Dot Cotton

All the above are my favourite characters. And after 25 years I think a list of 10 ain't bad. I would also like to give an honourable mention to Pat Butcher, whom I also love.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My alltime favourite is Kat Slater has been ever since the Kat/Zoe reveal. She really won my heart in that whole aftermath with the Harry reveal and her trying to commit suicide. I loved her ever since. Fiercley loyal to her family, love her one liners, she can do emotional she can do drama she can do funny. Amazing character and I think Jessie has her spot on.
    HOWEVER, so far I don't feel her return has done the character justice. She's reverted back to being cold and mouthy rather than the warm character she left as in 2005. I'll give her a few more weeks to settle in though before I start to worry

Also feel the need to mention; Dennis Rickman, Chrissie Watts, Jake Moon, Max Branning, Ronnie Mitchell too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,091
    Forum Member
    I agree wiv practically all Lauren jus said in her above post. Kat Slater (for thet above reasons) along wiv Ronnie Mitchell are my two big favourites. Next come Dennis Ricknam, Stacey Slater, Little Mo Slater, Chrissie Watts and Jake Moon. I also find Max interesting and Alfie amusing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    My absolute favorite character has got to be Bradley Branning :) x :D:D:o:)
    (Charlie Clements is my favorite actor:)
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vert tricky. I have to do what Fillman has done and list a few in 25 years I have watched the show:

Kathy Beale
    Frank Butcher
    Ethel Skinner
    Dot Cotton
    Grant Mitchell
    Den Watts
    Ian Beale

but my favourite at the moment is Ronnie Mitchell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Stacey Slater.... hands down.

Her romance with Bradley?
    Raunchy affair with Max?
    Killing off Archie Mitchell?
    Her friendships with spoilt Ruby/ poor Danielle/ cruel Becca?
    Dealing with bi-polar? Being sectioned?
    Her amazing relationship with Jean?
    Having a funny and gorgeous brother like Sean?
    That outrageous loud mouth of hers getting her into trouble every 5 minutes? Those outrageous outfits (the gold cat suit at Bradley's birthday party?) and outlandish behaviour?
    Having that adorable baby Lily with hot guy Ryan?

Stacey has been leading the show without overpowering it and without being the focus in every single episode. She interacts well with residents on the square, has an interesting past, has been a consistent character throughout although she has grown since her arrival in the square. Best of all, she is fun to watch! I will be gutted when she leaves but I hope she gets an amazing send off!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TANYA! I adore Jo incredily! Following on we have Sharon, Chrissie and Sam. Also, Dennis and Alfie. Love them all!
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Vert tricky. I have to do what Fillman has done and list a few in 25 years I have watched the show:

Kathy Beale
    Frank Butcher
    Ethel Skinner
    Dot Cotton
    Grant Mitchell
    Den Watts
    Ian Beale

but my favourite at the moment is Ronnie Mitchell.

Ah Ronnie is lovely!
    catlover33 wrote: »
    My absolute favorite character has got to be Bradley Branning :) x :D:D:o:)
    (Charlie Clements is my favorite actor:)

Oh yes! x
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant and Phil Mitchell
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Kat Slater!! Amazing one liners, Kat/Zoe plot, always up for a fight!!

Kat's return storyline hasn't been that good, but I am loving her as a character so far! :) She still has her fab one liners and I glad the feisty, gobby etc Kat from 2000 - 2002 is back :)

I hope the big storyline that Shane Richie mentioned on This Morning isn't going to be a 'Mat' (Michael and Kat) affair. Michael is a fantastic character though!! Kat really deserves a big storyline which would be her best since the Kat and Zoe plot.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    At the moment it is Kat.

Others in the current cast who are also favourites:

Shirley
    Christian
    Dot
    Patrick
    Pat
    Bianca
    Fatboy

Favourites from the past:

Angie
    Den
    Sharon
    Tiffany (Martine McCutcheon one not the new one)
    Dennis
    Steve Owen
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tifanny Mitchell and Bradley Branning
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    The Balham Crew
  • Options
    Lizzie BLizzie B Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grant
    Christian
    Max
    Tanya
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat Slater or Ronnie Mitchell, cannot decide
  • Options
    _BollyKnickers__BollyKnickers_ Posts: 4,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzie B wrote: »
    Grant
    Christian
    Max
    Tanya

Good selection! Love those too.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Throughout the entire show:

Kat Slater - Well thought out character played by a brilliant actress. Can work in pretty much any situation and excells.
    Phil Mitchell - The heart of the Mitchells played by the best ever soap actor in my opinion.
    Angie Watts - What's there to say about her that hasn't been said? I'd say she's the reason EE was popular in the first place.
    Michelle Fowler - There was a time when EE was basically the Sharon and Michelle Show. During this time, Michelle kept me gripped. I genuinely cared about what happened to her.
    Ian Beale - Impressive stamina and longevity and can move between hero and villain with ease. A great character!
    Dot Cotton - The most likeable woman ever.
    Pauline Fowler - Basically personified EastEnders. An incredibly identifiable character.

That's my list. In terms of characters who were a part of the show but didn't or haven't had a big enough impact over the 25 years to be deemed my favourite, I'll give honourable mentions to Chrissie Watts, Dennis Rickman, Max Branning, Stacey Slater, Ronnie Mitchell, Pete Beale, Cindy Beale, Janine Butcher, Carol Jackson and Simon Wicks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Ethel Skinner was classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Oh dear - how could I have forgotten Michelle fowler!
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Current Characters:

Christian
    Syed
    Tamwar
    Zainab & Masood (although can't stand their bigotry :mad: but they are fantastic characters)
    Ian
    Jane
    Phil
    Max
    Fatboy :o
    Darren :o
    Dot
    Shirley
    Kim
    Kim's boobs :p

Old Characters

Tiffany (probably my all time fave character)
    Dennis
    Sharon
    Michelle
    Grant
    Ethel
    Cindy
    Joe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Syed
    Christian
    Sharon
    Dennis
    Den

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syed
    Christian
    Sharon
    Dennis
    Den

:)

I miss Sharon and Dennis :( x
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanya Branning is my all time favourite but if I were to do a top ten;

1. Tanya Branning
    2. Jack Branning
    3. Max Branning
    4. May Wright
    5. Sharon Rickman
    6. Christian Clarke
    7. Syed Masood
    8. Bradley Branning
    9. Bianca Butcher
    10. Chrissie Watts
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats tanyas name now her and max r divorced?
  • Options
    kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    Throughout the entire show:

Kat Slater - Well thought out character played by a brilliant actress. Can work in pretty much any situation and excells.
    Phil Mitchell - The heart of the Mitchells played by the best ever soap actor in my opinion.
    Angie Watts - What's there to say about her that hasn't been said? I'd say she's the reason EE was popular in the first place.
    Michelle Fowler - There was a time when EE was basically the Sharon and Michelle Show. During this time, Michelle kept me gripped. I genuinely cared about what happened to her.
    Ian Beale - Impressive stamina and longevity and can move between hero and villain with ease. A great character!
    Dot Cotton - The most likeable woman ever.
    Pauline Fowler - Basically personified EastEnders. An incredibly identifiable character.

All of the above would be in my top 10 - but there were others who made an impact ... Tiffany Mitchell, Clyde Tavernier, Nick Cotton - they have all had good storylines. ;)

"Sharongate" kept us glued to see the outcome (how I miss Grant Mitchell) and the original "whodunnit" with the father of Michelle's baby was superb ... (I'm showing my age now!)

However, in terms of screen presence and deliverer of the best lines it has to be Kat Slater/Moon! So glad she is back!
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think shes still Tanya Branning. A divorce doesn't always mean a change of name unless you want to. My mum is divorced but still has her married name as its easier.