Claudia Winkleman's daughter rushed to hospital after Halloween fire horror

scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is why Claudia did not appear over the weekend........

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/claudia-winklemans-daughter-rushed-hospital-4565166

Let's hope she gets well soon.

Comments

• jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    God that's terrible. I just hope she's OK.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh gosh, poor thing - wishing her a speedy recovery
  • zabezabe Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Awful news...no wonder she didnt appear at the weekend. Every good wish to the family and a speedy and full recovery to Matilda
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How awful. Hoping for a speedy recovery
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey, when we were told she was ill I never imagined something like this. I echo the above good wishes.

I imagine that if Claudia is stepping back for now Zoe will be stepping in, and I wish her well too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I love Claudia on Strictly and wish her and her family all the best.

I hope this shuts up all those horrible people who said men would never be so unprofessional as to miss a show because a child was ill. Some things are more important than work.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I feared it was something serious for her to miss the show.

GWS Matilda.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope this shuts up all those horrible people who said men would never be so unprofessional as to miss a show because a child was ill. Some things are more important than work.

To be fair, that's how it might have come across to many, because of the way the BBC announced it. The reaction from some might be, "Kid's get ill all the time, get her dad to look after her, "The show must go on."

Call me cynical, but if the BBC had said "She wouldn't be appearing because one of her children has had an accident." That would have respected their privacy and prevented any criticism.

But I think that's typical of the BBC, to attempt to "play it down a bit for the sake of the show."
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad , poor little mite . I wish the little girl a speedy recovery and the family strenght to deal with it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope the few who were so horrible on rhat thread now learn to hold their tongues .
    Bless the family
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a really nasty story; poor kid and poor Claudia and family. Can only imagine what they are going through. Good wishes to them all.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the posters from the other thread still think she should have just knuckled down and got on with the dhow? It was obvious it had to serious for Claudia to miss the show and sending best wishes to her and her family and hoping Matilda has a speedy recovery.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never did like Hallowe'en or Bonfire Night. They are accidents waiting to happen in my view.

I hope that Matilda will recover very soon.
  • hilary2329hilary2329 Posts: 452
    Forum Member

Think before you post!! Any parent would have done the same as Claudia.
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that Matilda makes a fast recovery.
  • UafasachUafasach Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Knew it had to be pretty serious for Claudia to pull out...most parents if it was a bug or a flu would have continued working and the other parent look after..but this..this is serious.

I hope Matilda makes a full and speedy recovery...
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said on the other thread, sometimes a little information is worse than no information.

I consistently said if REALLY serious that would be another matter.

But somehow that point got lost- because the point that was being made was 'unless really serious one parent should be ale to cope- and in the days of equality, why shouldn't that be dad?

Sadly, it has turned out to be serious- so of course she was right to pull out. But that isn't a climb down, because I consistently, and repeatedly said, 'If serious That's another matter'

It actually felt to me like people were deliberately choosing to misunderstand the point I was making.

I hope her daughter makes a full recovery/
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me cynical, but if the BBC had said "She wouldn't be appearing because one of her children has had an accident." That would have respected their privacy and prevented any criticism.

It's a live entertainment show so they're best to give the discrete announcement and let audience enjoy the event. Nobody is forced to throw unwarranted criticism at Claudia or the BBC, then or now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said on the other thread, sometimes a little information is worse than no information.

I consistently said if REALLY serious that would be another matter.

But somehow that point got lost- because the point that was being made was 'unless really serious one parent should be ale to cope- and in the days of equality, why shouldn't that be dad?

Sadly, it has turned out to be serious- so of course she was right to pull out. But that isn't a climb down, because I consistently, and repeatedly said, 'If serious That's another matter'

It actually felt to me like people were deliberately choosing to misunderstand the point I was making.

I hope her daughter makes a full recovery/
    And as I said on the other thread it wasnt your business to know why or to question Claudia on her decision as a parent
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, that's how it might have come across to many, because of the way the BBC announced it. The reaction from some might be, "Kid's get ill all the time, get her dad to look after her, "The show must go on."

But I think that's typical of the BBC, to attempt to "play it down a bit for the sake of the show."

Maybe at the time, things were moving very fast and no one really knew. Maybe they just thought what they said was enough - which it was - and weren't particularly bothered about ruffling the feathers of a rather insignificant outpost of the Internet.

It sounds absolutely horrendous and can only hope things are as well as they can be for the family and she gets fit and well very soon.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the way that Tess announced it on Saturday I had a feeling it was something serious. The look on her face and her tone of voice made me think that,

Hope she gets better soon.
  • PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    And as I said on the other thread it wasnt your business to know why or to question Claudia on her decision as a parent

Well said. I cannot believe that people are still nit-picking the BBC's pre- show announcement.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this, she must be worried sick. I wish the little girl a speedy recovery and above all no follow up ops and stuff.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said. I cannot believe that people are still nit-picking the BBC's pre- show announcement.

That's an opinion, mine is that the BBC didn't want the audience or the viewers to be distracted from the show. If saying the child was just, "ill" reflected badly on Claudia, they didn't seem to care.
    As I said the use of the word "accident" instead of "ill" would have meant less criticism on here.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was obvious that it was something serious. No presenter pulls out of a live prime time broadcast at short notice for a trivial reason and I refrained from commenting or replying on/to the "that's what you get with two women presenting"/ "wheres her husband ?" facile remarks which insensitive people rushed to post. Get well soon Matilda....and I hope Claudia and the family remain strong through this very distressing time.