Saddest song of the last 13 years

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    This for me too. Cried so much when I saw it live, and we played it at my mum's funeral in 2011, was beautiful.

I can't imagine how hard must have been for the lads to sing that every night on the tour, maybe it was therapeutic in a way... Too Hard Too Say Goodbye is also very sad it is very touching that they wrote it.

But I also find Mark's Before It's Too Late quite sad.
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many sad songs. I love Hurt, both the NIN original, and Johnny Cash's cover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Christina Aguilera - I'm OK, about her father beating her and her mother
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    'Dance With My Father'
    Luther Vandross
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I can't imagine how hard must have been for the lads to sing that every night on the tour, maybe it was therapeutic in a way... Too Hard Too Say Goodbye is also very sad it is very touching that they wrote it.

But I also find Mark's Before It's Too Late quite sad.

Indeed, much respect to them for doing it. It was just after my mum was diagnosed that the tour was on, and it was watching their faces throughout and seeing how much hurt there was that made me cry so much.

Hadn't realised Too Hard To Say Goodbye was one of the songs they wrote, t'is a lovely song.
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Indeed, much respect to them for doing it. It was just after my mum was diagnosed that the tour was on, and it was watching their faces throughout and seeing how much hurt there was that made me cry so much.

Hadn't realised Too Hard To Say Goodbye was one of the songs they wrote, t'is a lovely song.

Sorry about your mom, but I know how you must be feeling - my dad had lungs cancer, he passed away 11 years ago...

And yes, all 4 of them wrote Too Hard Too Say Goodbye as a tribute to Nicky's and Kian's fathers.

And that song Before It's Too Late written by Westlife's Mark was also influenced by their dads passing away - interestingly enough, they were actually asked to write a song for X Factor winner, but they ended up using a cover for the winner again.

And also, Westlife covered Please Stay for a B-side single because Nicky's father always wanted Westlife to cover that song, but they never did when he was alive, so this was also as a tribute t him.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 Doors Down - Here Without You
    Biffy Clyro - Many Of Horror
    Johnny Cash - Hurt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I know they're not from the last 13 years, but both this and 'You Have Been Loved' immediately came to mind. Songs like these show exactly how talented a songwriter George Michael is.

:) You Have Been Loved - One of the best songs ever ever written .. sung with so much feeling. Heartfelt and touching song,This song fills me with :cry: tears every time I hear it. One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. GM is an underrated and brilliant artist.

Cowboys and Angels - I still get :cry: tears in my eyes listening to this song now. Heartfelt and beautiful song. An extremely underrated George Michael classic without a doubt..
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U2 - in a little while
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 Doors Down - Here Without You

I was gonna say this. Gets me every time :cry:
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's All I Ever Had by Ricky Martin is another sad song

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACl-7SMCFz4[/URL]
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope there's someone - Anthony And The Johnsons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM[/URL]
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Christina Aguilera - I'm OK, about her father beating her and her mother
    I forgot to put that! I totally agree
    bellatella wrote: »
    'Dance With My Father'
    Luther Vandross

Agree with this too, it was actually played at my granddads funeral, so means a lot to me anyway

I know it's bad, but I prefer the Joe McElderry version, always makes me cry
  • Fat BuddhaFat Buddha Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Johnny Cash
    Hurt

Ladies And Gentlemen we have the winner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    A couple of years out, but Broken Heart by Spiritualized is IMO the saddest song ever.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-x2qzkS98

Always makes me feel like crying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glasvegas- Daddys Gone
    Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars
    Adele - Someone like you
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know they're not from the last 13 years, but both this and 'You Have Been Loved' immediately came to mind. Songs like these show exactly how talented a songwriter George Michael is.

Praying for Time is lovely too.

You Have Been Loved always reminds me of the death of Princess Diana as this was the tune playing on my alarm clock the very next day. Radio 1 played back-to-back sad tunes that morning and there was none of the usual DJ chitchat.

To Build a Home by The Cinematic Orchestra is quite poignant and I love Sia's Breathe Me.

I want the song Have No Fear by Bird York to be played at my funeral. Would love to post a YT link but EMI have removed all of the videos (including one I'd favourited that was a tribute to murder victim Joanna Yeates) on copyright grounds :mad:

EDIT: cover version of Have No Fear, which is actually really well done:

http://youtu.be/ZMN5l0GlhmM
  • woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    George Michael. Jesus To A Child. Now THAT is heartfelt.

agree!

Also, 'Time left to go' by Safetysuit
  • peopleschmeoplepeopleschmeople Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope there's someone - Anthony And The Johnsons.
    Gets me right here *thumps heart area of chest*
  • ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri

[URL=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM[/URL]

Artifical emotion.

Autotuned voice.... soulless song and the things I have heard about her, she's a disgrace.

That piece of shit of hers in the Twilight films is worse...only gets back in the charts thanks to the Plebs who watch it and buy it.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Evanescence's "My Immortal". I find the piano at the end to be the saddest part!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artifical emotion.

Autotuned voice.... soulless song and the things I have heard about her, she's a disgrace.

That piece of shit of hers in the Twilight films is worse...only gets back in the charts thanks to the Plebs who watch it and buy it.

Why are you attacking the singer? Whatever she does in her life is nothing to do with this thread. Besides what about Johnny Cash? Wasn't he a drug addict but people still like his songs.

back to the thread .....

Lawson ~ Standing In The Dark

[URL=]http://www.youtube.co/watch?v=PsbPkZPKEuY[/URL]