Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The Red Car and the Blue Car ad is the only true classic from that entire list :D
    And they've now ruined it by altering the lyrics to remove the word "smart" and any reference to Milky Way not ruining your appetite. They've ditched whole point of the original ad.
  • Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And they've now ruined it by altering the lyrics to remove the word "smart" and any reference to Milky Way not ruining your appetite. They've ditched whole point of the original ad.

My guess is that the reason they brought back the 1988 Red/Blue car advert is brilliantly simple, people of my generation (born between the late 70's and mid 80's) all remember this ad and are now raising their own families - you can't now advertise that a milkyway won't ruin your appetite, but we all remember the old tag line, thus remind my generation and hey presto today's parents all buy their kids milkyways thinking its the healthy choice chocolate bar.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is that the reason they brought back the 1988 Red/Blue car advert is brilliantly simple, people of my generation (born between the late 70's and mid 80's) all remember this ad and are now raising their own families - you can't now advertise that a milkyway won't ruin your appetite, but we all remember the old tag line, thus remind my generation and hey presto today's parents all buy their kids milkyways thinking its the healthy choice chocolate bar.
    I believe the same reasoning is used in modern Mars adverts which use the old jingle. People of a certain age will hear it and remember the lyric "A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play" but the advert doesn't actually contain the dodgy recommendation of daily consumption.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest sodding Meerkat advert.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it has already been raised but.......that creepy looking girl in the Galaxy choc ad...she pops a piece in her mouth and then smiles immediately - 1) why does she not eat and swallow it first ...2) why does the choc not melt and run out the side of her mouth as she smiles...3) why is there no bulge in her cheek from the piece of choc she stuffed in...?......I am losing sleep over this
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it has already been raised but.......that creepy looking girl in the Galaxy choc ad...she pops a piece in her mouth and then smiles immediately - 1) why does she not eat and swallow it first ...2) why does the choc not melt and run out the side of her mouth as she smiles...3) why is there no bulge in her cheek from the piece of choc she stuffed in...?......I am losing sleep over this

I think it's because the in the second bit of the advert she has already taken the chocolate out - the models who are that thin don't eat chocolate and I read that in a previous crisp one they had a bowl ready for the model to spit the crisp out the moment they had the shot of it going in.

But I like the meerkat ads (previous poster to you )
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That company certainly believes in milking adverts for all they're worth. We have:

The sour-faced woman who wants a snack, so her boyfriend brings her a giant M&M in a bowl.

T.

she has a face I would never tire of slapping
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BT ads are just awful - but worse are those who keep protesting their masculinity by wittering on about the Spanish girl(s) and how much they'd supposedly enjoy a spot of getting down with them.
    Listen guys, we get the message - you're honest to goodness hetrosexual males and no mistake - and we all believe you. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    she has a face I would never tire of slapping

I thought I was alone in thinking that.....she has weird eyes that I would love to poke at with little sharp pointy things....
    That said, the meerkat ads; meerkats are from the southern regions of Africa...why then do they have Russian accents on TV???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    surprised he gets away with sh.t just about when he says "shheett" :eek:

At the risk of haveing this post cut by Mods, he also gets away at the end by saying that ladies should get "wet":eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My very, very worst most hated ad was the KFC 'chicken wraps' one from a few years ago with the two call-centre females who answered their phones with stuffed cheeks - you which one I mean - I so wanted to channel the Uni-Bomber when those two came on the TV....did they have to go into hiding???
    I apologise if I have re-awakened any homicidal tendencies out there....
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    At the risk of haveing this post cut by Mods, he also gets away at the end by saying that ladies should get "wet":eek::eek:

Don't call the Mods LOL .... i aint said that word!! he says it nearly!! :D ... I must have missed that one ... Possibly a "wet" dream he had! :D ... I wonder if any ladies have got wet recently ... shall we take a poll for "plenty"??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't paid attention, but the advert which has the song "come fill my little world right up" is really starting to grate on me. I HATE that song now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member

Her voice makes me want to go to the toilet- "Who was it this time?" "I'm glad they don't know about this place" "Am I fat?"

:mad:

That ad's been on for years now- isn't it about time for it's demise?
    Most of them wouldn't know the difference between a toaster and a vacuum cleaner.
    :D
    Forum Member
    My very, very worst most hated ad was the KFC 'chicken wraps' one from a few years ago with the two call-centre females who answered their phones with stuffed cheeks - you which one I mean - I so wanted to channel the Uni-Bomber when those two came on the TV....did they have to go into hiding???
    I apologise if I have re-awakened any homicidal tendencies out there....

For the record...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imIkeTkAopY
    Forum Member
    Wonga OAP's

Argos Aliens

YES! Forgot to say this one- these have been driving me insane over the past few weeks- ugly and pointless, too- how are they related to argos? My least favourite one is the table tennis one- where they are hitting the balls really fast- What the hell is that supposed to even mean?! Pointless and stupid ads that will no doubt drive me away from argos.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That "Peugeot 208 – Let Your Body Drive" ad with the bloody annoying song...seems to be blurting out all the time on my TV!
    :mad:
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Why not have a nice healthy looking woman be in the Galaxy advert rather than that annoying anorexic alien woman. Or just change the ad Galaxy you cheap bastards!

There was a funny ad I saw before where this guy goes off to work and leaves a message on a sticky note,puts it on his girlfriends pillow.It basically says he's left her a great birthday present and in the next shot she is delighted with her tube of toothpaste. If my bf got me toothpaste for my birthday he'd probably get a slap in return! Not sure what they were aiming for in the ad ,ridiculous.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know its probably been mentioned but Munch Bunch is also a badly dubbed ad also! :eek:
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Argos ads where they try to slag off Amazon
  • manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    ^5. Maltesers - Pain in the arse 2 woman in an annoying advert :mad:, ranted about it before, but I haven't seen it all week :D

v4. Direct Line - These adverts are still annoying me :mad:

v3. Confused.com - These adverts are on ALL THE TIME AND JUST WON'T F*CK OFF!!!!! :mad:

v2. Secret Escapes - Still pissing me off, but not my most hated ad anymore

^1. Nice'N'Easy - Yes, THIS is my most hated advert out the now, "Kate,well, she still looks like Kate." Naw, because you think she would turn into a different f*ckin' person do you? :mad:
  • manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    That Doctor Who trailer on BBC. No it's not that the trailer is terrible, it looks EPIC! The thing that annoys me is the "This Autumn" that comes up on the screen. GIVE US A DATE NOW FFS!! :mad:[Yeah, too right, it does :D I know :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    Is that Michaela Strachan in the 'We Buy Anycar' advert, if so how the mighty have fallen.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen the ad with a bad cover version of Simon and Garfunkel's 'Homeward Bound'? It starts off with lots of charming children all heading home from school by various methods with looks of expectation on their little faces.When they get home their entire family is round the kitchen table which is set for a meal, like this is going to happen in most homes!
    Turns out it's an ad for Cathedral City cheese of all things. Fancy murdering a classic for a lump of cheese,
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that Michaela Strachan in the 'We Buy Anycar' advert, if so how the mighty have fallen.
    What from the lofty heights of 'The Hitman and Her' ?!
This discussion has been closed.