Options

lobidz

louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I got a message this morning, asking me to submit the lowest unique bid to win. What's this, I thought.

Apparently, it's lobidz.com - never even heard of it! I sent a text 'stop' to 80243, but I'm still getting these texts which I did not ask for.

Anyone else getting these?

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called spam, I think.

Are you being charged to receive these texts? The 'Stop' command only requires companies to stop sending you texts which they charge you to receive.

You could remind them that under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2004 it is unlawful to send an unsolicited sales and marketing text message, where you have not previously agreed to receive them. Could it be that you have somehow agreed to be sent these texts? Simplest way to stop them is to send the company an 'opt-out' request asking them not to send any further unsolicted sales or marketing texts to your number.

You can send them the required notice, preferably using recorded delivery, to:

Personal Data Department
    M.E.G.A. Ltd.
    Suite 317
    78 Marylebone High Street
    London
    W1U 5AT

Now why am I thinking this is just a Mail Boxes Etc mailbox address?

Better to write to their registered office, where they are legally required to accept any notice.

MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT AND GAMING APPLICATIONS LIMITED
    40 GERRARD STREET
    LONDON
    W1D 5QE

At least there will be someone there to sign for the mail item, even if it is a chinese restaurant :eek:
    Looks a notorious address, take your pick from a dodgy securities firm, and a solicitor to name just a couple!