Fireworks! I am so mad right now...

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    chiller15 wrote: »
    We've been hearing fireworks here for over a month.

Me too, we seem to get them from about the beginning of October through until New Year. I don't mind too much, one of my cats would go out during a mortar attack and the other one won't go out even if the dustman came yesterday, so the fireworks don't make much difference to them. I don't like the fact that fireworks aren't so special now, when something is more common place if loses a bit of magic. Fireworks were a real treat when I was a child, the excitement of a firework show was huge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,716
    Forum Member
    Well I object to the sound of spoiled bratty children having tantrums everywhere you go. I'm not best pleased with the little twerps that thought it would be fun to swing on my whirly jig, breaking it. And I'm not too thrilled with the 'youths' who seem to find it hilarious to smash glass bottles on pathways, causing dogs - including one of mine - to cut their paws.

I agree with what you just said

Its all down to the way they were brought up, no respect

but i dont think a pizza delivery will solve the problem
  • ellie1167ellie1167 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get off the high horses about dog dirt...responsible owners' DO pick it up.Granted it is thoroughly unpleasant when it is left and I hate it as much as anyone, but do you really think that all the cats, foxes, rabbits, deer, squirrels etc that frequent our streets and parks pop into the nearest public convenience to do their business? Or do you really believe that walking across the playing field where dogs are banned that you are walking across clean, untainted grass. No, you're dragging fox shit or the like into your house.
    Forum Member
    ellie1167 wrote: »
    Get off the high horses about dog dirt...responsible owners' DO pick it up.Granted it is thoroughly unpleasant when it is left and I hate it as much as anyone, but do you really think that all the cats, foxes, rabbits, deer, squirrels etc that frequent our streets and parks pop into the nearest public convenience to do their business? Or do you really believe that walking across the playing field where dogs are banned that you are walking across clean, untainted grass. No, you're dragging fox shit or the like into your house.

How did you know i was a jockey :p

I live in the country so i know about the above thank you

Most responsible owners do pick up their dog mess but there are a lot more that dont

Feeeeeeeeeeeeel the Looooooooooove :)
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 5 cats and a dog. Yeah it can be annoying. But hey, life is like that. Just because I have animals, does not mean other people can't have fun. Even if my neighbours informed me they were setting off fireworks, I would have a problem finding half my cats as they are usually off doing 'something.' :)

None of my pets really seem to mind fireworks and my Chinchella persian Looooooooooves them, he gets so excited he runs to the window and watches in glee and the louder the bangs the better - I have to make sure the window is open so he can hear them better but then again he loves to sit on the speakers when music is on and loves any loud noise - he's not deaf the vet checked.
  • chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    why do people start these threads and why do people fall for total wind ups,
    maybe Im cynical but they just stand out a mile
  • IateallthepiesIateallthepies Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Natgar wrote: »
    None of my pets really seem to mind fireworks and my Chinchella persian Looooooooooves them, he gets so excited he runs to the window and watches in glee and the louder the bangs the better - I have to make sure the window is open so he can hear them better but then again he loves to sit on the speakers when music is on and loves any loud noise - he's not deaf the vet checked.

Aaaw, that is so sweet. I wasn't sure how my dogs were going to react because this is my first Guy Fawkes 'season' with them. I hoped against hope they wouldn't mind but sadly they mind very much indeed. And that makes me mad :mad:
    Forum Member
    why do people start these threads and why do people fall for total wind ups,
    maybe Im cynical but they just stand out a mile

High five :)

I just wanted a rant :D
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaw, that is so sweet. I wasn't sure how my dogs were going to react because this is my first Guy Fawkes 'season' with them. I hoped against hope they wouldn't mind but sadly they mind very much indeed. And that makes me mad :mad:

Aww I am sorry - I think my dog won't act scared in case the cats laugh at him :D BUT I do think private fireworks should be banned and we should just have a village/town one etc. I always think our pets are safe at home imagine how scared the wildlife is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Well, looking at your credentials - PC, liberal, feminist, etc, doubt I'll be arranging to meet you for a drink anytime soon.

OH NO. I'll be crying in my bed tonight for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    What gets me is those pet owners that moan
    Are the same people who let their dogs crap on the pavements all year round without picking it up after them
    And me and my kids have to dodge it every time we walk down the road.

And another thing is when i am sat in my garden on my days off in the summer trying to relax, all i can hear are dogs barking

Fireworks are only for a few weeks in a year the above is all year round.

Rant over

Couldn't agree more.
  • IateallthepiesIateallthepies Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Refusion wrote: »
    OH NO. I'll be crying in my bed tonight for sure.

Yes, I too am bitterly disappointed...

... that PC liberals still exist.

What will it take to wake you up to the fact that SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST SHIT?
    Forum Member
    laura:) wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

Thank you :)

I am glad that someone agrees with me :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    Thank you :)

I am glad that someone agrees with me :)

No probs :)

I'm glad I've found someone who shares my opinion on fireworks and pet owners, last year I got loads of abuse from dog owners for posting something similar to your post.
  • trevalyantrevalyan Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member

instead of sulking and sending savoury foodstuffs to your neighbours, get some ear defenders for your dog, like these

dog ear defenders
    Forum Member
    laura:) wrote: »
    No probs :)

I'm glad I've found someone who shares my opinion on fireworks and pet owners, last year I got loads of abuse from dog owners for posting something similar to your post.

We are entitled to our opinion that's what a forum is all about :)

:):):):)