Options

Cheryl's "live" performances

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Cheryl Cole's night in and her performance of fight for this love was AWFUL, i think it was sang live as anything recorded cannot be that bad. When she sang parachute i think she was miming as it was note perfect(note perfect is not something i normally associate with Cheryl)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people so obsessed with her singing live?

If I like a song that comes out in the chart I dont say 'well im not going to buy that song unless I know that person can sing it live'
    At least she gives it a go, yes I admit she isnt the best singer in the world.
    The spice girls could not all sing well live, im pretty sure that they sold millions of records?? And tix to see them live, regardless of how they sounded, i think its because people liked the songs and them.

Metallica and guns and roses are two of the best bands I have seen live, doesnt mean I like all their songs though.

What i'm trying to say is I dont think whether someone can sing live, half live, mime etc etc is a measure of how good their song is. People will a like a song and buy it if that person chooses to sing it live or not i dont think changes how someone feels about the song.
  • Options
    cheekychopzcheekychopz Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You all forget that's she's very pretty. Most non-critical types are more than likely looking at her tits n ass rather than her mouth to see if it's matching up. ;)

She's been trying though, I'll give her that.
  • Options
    musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizzjem wrote: »
    I watched Cheryl Cole's night in and her performance of fight for this love was AWFUL, i think it was sang live as anything recorded cannot be that bad. When she sang parachute i think she was miming as it was note perfect(note perfect is not something i normally associate with Cheryl)

Parachute was sung live, people at the recording reported they had to do the routine 2 or 3 times because she mucked up the lyrics :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I don't have the slightest interest in dancing.

Are you saying that people buy her records because she's a good dancer, even though she's not a good vocalist?

No that is not what i'm saying at all.

You said she couldn't perform. I am saying she certainly can. She puts everything into her performance and is entertaining to watch. She is a fantastic dancer. You really don't have to have an interest in dancing to appreciate the fact she does a damn good job.

I never mentioned her "records", i'm talking about her live performances because that is what this thread is.
    You really couldn't make it up

It would seem you just did. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Parachute was sung live, people at the recording reported they had to do the routine 2 or 3 times because she mucked up the lyrics :D

Really?! Out of everything i would have said that was mimed..

I don't know why Cheryl gets such a hard time - she's sang live so many times with girls aloud, they all do their solo bits etc and she isn't actually bad! Obviously her voice isn't really powerful and her range isn't as large as Leona's or anything but she does have a nice tone to her voice and it's recogniseable.
  • Options
    jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those who say that Cheryl cant sing :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyET_nD4B3Y&feature=PlayList&p=756B319C60288C5A&index=8

She might not be the best singer in the band, but she still CAN sing!
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO she's a poor live singer because she doesn't get much practice. Her vocal chords have probably seized up.:p. Even on disc her vocals are merely mediocre.

Don't believe for one minute the reason why she's selling well is the quality of the songs or because people rate her voice. She hasn't produced anything near the quality of GA's recent Hits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ministarx wrote: »
    Really?! Out of everything i would have said that was mimed..

Yep, she obviously had support vocals during the chorus, but what artist don't these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxj27WlPlSM

After seeing this, I can't believe anyone would say Girls Aloud, or Cheryl cannot sing.
    I was shocked that they could sing that good.
  • Options
    AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The report I heard from people there was there were retakes for the two dance routines but only the duet with William were live vocals.
  • Options
    jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxj27WlPlSM

After seeing this, I can't believe anyone would say Girls Aloud, or Cheryl cannot sing.
    I was shocked that they could sing that good.

I agree:D

<3 Chimola

[Cheryl, Kimberly & Nicola if you didnt know what i meant ;)]