Fifa 12 £54.99

rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a323060/fifa-12-price-increases-to-gbp5499.html

bit steep don't you think,i think i'm going to wait untill it goes down in price,can't believe people will pay this...will they ??

Comments

• mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    nope. i doubt it will be sold at that price anyway
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The RRP of the majority of games is £49.99, yet how many are sold at that price at release? ... why because the majority of games aren't big enough to justify the cost. COD is the big thing at the moment and got away with it, GTA etc can easily do this but FIFA, just ain't going to happen.

EA and the stores will do what they normally do, release FIFA a week or two before Pro, get up the charts and then do half price deals to ensure FIFA sells more.

If EA are stupid enough to try and enforce a higher price, Konami could simply release Pro on the same day and put it at £35.99. EA might make more money, but in terms of sales (and this what people like to look at) Pro could gain ground.
  • xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think at that price the supermarkets will have a price war on release day. if there is a price war fifa 12 will be around £25.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Although £55 is a bit steep, we should be lucky that the price of games hasn't risen with inflation over the past 15 years.

For example, in 1996 the RRP of most games was £39.99, if the RRP had risen in line with inflation they would cost £56.39 today.
  • jubalcjubalc Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    The reason it's at 55 quid is because they are giving the ultimate team pack with this version. Meaning you get, I think 3 gold packs a month for 6 months. Something like that.

There should be the standard version as well. That will probably be around the 30 quid mark as always.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55 quid?? do you get a console with it?
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    jubalc wrote: »
    The reason it's at 55 quid is because they are giving the ultimate team pack with this version. Meaning you get, I think 3 gold packs a month for 6 months. Something like that.

There should be the standard version as well. That will probably be around the 30 quid mark as always.

if i remember correctly, Ultimate team only cost 400ms points in FIFA 10 and it was free on FIFA 11

so im not sure where they got £55 from
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I'll be in the queue with all the other blokes at Sainsburys, trying to work out how close they are to 30 quid's worth of shopping to get it for 25 quid ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    That's just the RRP.

ShopTo price: £44.84
    GAME price: £44.99

The regular edition (assuming there is one) will likely be around £33-£37 as normal.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    360 games have always had a SUGGESTED RRP of £49.99 since launch day in 05. Only COD broke that with a RRP of £55 a couple of years ago. Now FIFA have done the same. As has already been stated, the actual retail price from sellers will likely be £37 to £40.

Such articles as the DS one published on the home page is lazy journalism from those with short memories or the ability not to background fact check their articles.
  • BaffrobesBaffrobes Posts: 3,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta keep Sepp in the lifestyle He's accustomed to. :)
  • JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sensationalist headlines aren't only for the showbiz section of DS anymore.
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have to be honest if fifa was £54.99 (which i highly doubt it will be) I'd still probably pay it. Its the only game that i know will be worth every penny to me, its the one game i fall back on to play and never trade in till the next one is out

I dont think it will be that for a second though, just the usual hype nonsense.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    The RRP of the majority of games is £49.99, yet how many are sold at that price at release? ... why because the majority of games aren't big enough to justify the cost. COD is the big thing at the moment and got away with it, GTA etc can easily do this but FIFA, just ain't going to happen.

FIFA would sell pretty easily. It's got a massive market to target. The most lucrative in the country.

I don't think they'll sell it at that price but they could achieve it
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want it - but not at that price. If it did come out at that price, and no supermarket discounts it (won't happen!) then I'd just wait till it gets to a normal price again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the pre-order on Zavvi today, £39.99 for the "special" edition
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will pay it, thats the thing. Also thats going to be the normal standard price for a game within the next few years so get used to it. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    People will pay it, thats the thing. Also thats going to be the normal standard price for a game within the next few years so get used to it. :(

If games all take this route then I'll be buying a lot less and as an annual game Fifa will be one of the ones affected.

A price hike across the market will push me towards buying used rather than new to save money, something these companies are trying hard to avoid (though seemingly not that hard). Since I don't care about online play, the online passes mean nothing to me.

I'll be looking around for cheap Fifa deals, I get the feeling it won't be a release day buy.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annoyance wrote: »
    If games all take this route then I'll be buying a lot less and as an annual game Fifa will be one of the ones affected.

A price hike across the market will push me towards buying used rather than new to save money, something these companies are trying hard to avoid (though seemingly not that hard). Since I don't care about online play, the online passes mean nothing to me.

I'll be looking around for cheap Fifa deals, I get the feeling it won't be a release day buy.

They are already looking at ways to block the "used" market, whilst the online play feature may not be for you it is a big deal for millions of UK gamers. It is effectively extortion "pay us or else!..." and the people will pay it because they want the full service.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £55 for an update? They must think there is one born every minute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    £55 for an update? They must think there is one born every minute.

Same could be said for people who actually believe that would be the price.

As others have said its just the RRP, which on most games is £49.99 anyway, and is never that price. Like I've already said Zavvi have it on for £39.99, just seen now that play.com is £44.99 and even game have it at £44.99.
  • JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't buy games over £25 so the RRP makes no difference to me, when you don't care about online it makes it a lot easier to get cheap games.