OPERATION UNDERDOG - Starts Right here!

2»

Comments

• Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Do we know for certain that Luke was in the B2?

No but I think he definitely would of been
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Do we know for certain that Luke was in the B2?

No we don't and I wouldn't be surprised if the other one was actually Matt.
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are people saying that it's not fair as Luke is only there because Gareth pulled out and yet think that it would have been acceptable to put through Gareth when he had only skated once, not very well and had not flown in flying week, like Luke had done?

Now that would have been a farce if anything would.

Putting through someone who hadn't done what was required in the show and possibly not going to be well enough for the final would have made this show look ridiculous.

This is what I mean by the underdog - Little Luke turns up, does his best and gets talked about like he shouldn't have dared to even enter the show. Luke turned up and did all the required routines last night and should be complimented on that.

But let's get Matt out first next week and then leave the rest to fate.
  • Options
    Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No we don't and I wouldn't be surprised if the other one was actually Matt.

Indeed that could have well been the case, but the instant mindset that think Luke was automatically in the bottom two just shows the disproportional dislike for Luke. Someone who has turned up and done their best.
  • Options
    WickedPlansWickedPlans Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Luke has made it to the final by the skin of his teeth rather than earning his place like Beth and Matt have.
    He has been petulant and sulky when things haven't gone his way, and I haven't enjoyed watching him skate.
    He most certainly will not be getting my vote.
  • Options
    don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Kolin Klingon:

Are people saying that it's not fair as Luke is only there because Gareth pulled out and yet think that it would have been acceptable to put through Gareth when he had only skated once, not very well and had not flown in flying week, like Luke had done?

Now that would have been a farce if anything would.

Putting through someone who hadn't done what was required in the show and possibly not going to be well enough for the final would have made this show look ridiculous.

This is what I mean by the underdog - Little Luke turns up, does his best and gets talked about like he shouldn't have dared to even enter the show. Luke turned up and did all the required routines last night and should be complimented on that.

But let's get Matt out first next week and then leave the rest to fate.

Nobody is saying anything of the sort. It is simply that Luke is by far the weakest skater and, had Gareth not left last night, there is little doubt that in the skate-off Luke would have been given his marching orders and not before time! He is lucky to have lasted as long as he has. He may well have tried his best but it just hasn't been good enough and just doing all his routines doesn't qualify him to be a winner. Harsh maybe in your eyes but true!

To even think that Luke would not have been bottom of the board last night in normal circumstances is plain daft!
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me its a done deal, Matt will win, although i would love a surprise!
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed that could have well been the case, but the instant mindset that think Luke was automatically in the bottom two just shows the disproportional dislike for Luke. Someone who has turned up and done their best.

Nope, it shows they knew he was worse than Beth & Matt and hence should and prob would have been bottom 2 with Gareth.

Had Gareth been well enough to do his save me skate he'd prob have been saved too, bearing in mind luke is pretty lousy in comparison. :)
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Luke has any chance at all of winning. I don't dislike him, he's came on really well and does try hard. He just isn't in any way near Matt and Beth for skating ability ( IMHO )

Coming 3rd I think is a very good achievement for him.

Team Beth all the way:)