Options

Woman mugged outside Sainsburys

turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just sipping my coffee in Starbucks inside Sainsburys when I spotted a woman crying. Another woman, a guy and myself went over. The poor woman had just been mugged and had her bag stolen. She was so upset, her phone, house keys purse, the lot had gone. We called the police, who came quite quickly, and an ambulance.

This is a nice area and I'm very pissed off for this poor lady. She was an older woman, about 70 and it's just not on that some scrote did this to her. The implications for this woman reach far further than what actually happened. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    The poor woman. However, she could have made sure that she didn't have a bag with her and have a body belt instead. Handbags are very attractive to thieves.

Poverty and survival. Sadly, with the benefit cuts, we will see more of this.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they probably are. Mr DD's gran was burgled, tied to a chair and hit while they ransacked her house. She was 80 and couldn't have put up a defence even if she wanted. It ruined the rest of her life. She never slept, never went out and went down hill from a happy, self sufficient old dear to a tiny, frail shadow of herself.

I hate people who target the vulnerable.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However, she could have made sure that she didn't have a bag with her and have a body belt instead.

Yes, this'll learn her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Poor soul. I hope she is ok. She must have been quite frightened too as it is not something you would expect to happen to you on a wee shopping trip.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll bet she was on her mobile.

sainsbury's might send her some vouchers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The poor woman. However, she could have made sure that she didn't have a bag with her and have a body belt instead.

Or a coat of armour and a shield.
  • Options
    peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkiegal wrote: »
    I'll bet she was on her mobile.

At the checkout.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Yes, they probably are. Mr DD's gran was burgled, tied to a chair and hit while they ransacked her house. She was 80 and couldn't have put up a defence even if she wanted. It ruined the rest of her life. She never slept, never went out and went down hill from a happy, self sufficient old dear to a tiny, frail shadow of herself.

I hate people who target the vulnerable.

Yes, so do I, it makes my blood boil. I'm very sorry to hear about your OH's gran, awful doesn't cover it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Poor soul. I hope she is ok. She must have been quite frightened too as it is not something you would expect to happen to you on a wee shopping trip.

It often happens. Supermarkets and shops near me have big signs up "watch your bags" and "don't leave your purse in a shopper-on wheels."
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It often happens. Supermarkets and shops near me have big signs up "watch your bags" and "don't leave your purse in a shopper-on wheels."

In a supermarket last Friday and told an old dear to zip her bag up in case it was dipped into whilst she was shopping.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Chop their bl**dy hands off .. scum of the earth :mad:
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    The poor woman. However, she could have made sure that she didn't have a bag with her and have a body belt instead. Handbags are very attractive to thieves.

Poverty and survival. Sadly, with the benefit cuts, we will see more of this.

Eh?!? I and my family have spent many years in the past skint as anything, but we didn't go out and steal to make ends meet! It's absolutely no excuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eh?!? I and my family have spent many years in the past skint as anything, but we didn't go out and steal to make ends meet! It's absolutely no excuse.

Sadly, times have changed. One only has to read in the local paper to see how much crime and theft is about.

Some shops now only open by appointment only.