Options

Is it just me or does anyone else on here really dislike Carla Connor?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think I might be very much in the minority here but I really don't like this character.

She seems to always be after blokes who are with someone else and has little conscience about wrecking relationships.

I am separating Alison King the actress from Carla Connor here, I think Alison is fab but Carla an utter nightmare to watch on my screen.

Comments

• Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you, OP...Carla is not that likeable, but Alison King does play her very well..
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree. Carla always wants men that are married.
    She took Liam off Maria, and now trying to take Peter off Leanne. I do hope Leanne and Peter stay together, even just for Simon's sake.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha this is like the Leanne thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I don't really think Carla is meant to be likeable, I think she's just meant to be bitterly human.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much with you OP. I love Alison King, I think she's a fab actress, but I do find the character of Carla quite unlikeable. Her redeeming feature, for me, is her vulnerability. I don't agree with a lot of her actions but I can understand them because of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    im not a fan of hers, but she is good actress..When she was drinking the supposed vodka i thought she was good, pulling those funny faces just like in real life, how your face goes when swigging some vodka from the bottle :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    even though it was water :p
  • Options
    dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, I really dislike the character, I really feel for Leanne which no one else seems to. She's the most self pitying character ever. when she was saying that Frank deserves to go to jail for breaking the law, she conveniently forgets her own illegal acts, which she has never paid for.
    complete hippocrite, homewrecker martyr, and a horrible friend to boot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »
    no, I really dislike the character, I really feel for Leanne which no one else seems to. She's the most self pitying character ever. when she was saying that Frank deserves to go to jail for breaking the law, she conveniently forgets her own illegal acts, which she has never paid for.
    complete hippocrite, homewrecker martyr, and a horrible friend to boot.

No suprise that I love Carla but I feel sorry for Leanne at the same time. I don't think she is particularly self pitying - she is determined not to play the victim, and she certainly has not forgotten her crimes - she said so herself - she should have paid and understands if Leanne needs to tell the police
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I detest Carla. She is a bully, nasty, sarcastic, always wanting her own way and making sure she gets it regardless of who gets hurt in the process. I won't say she deserved to be raped, nobody deserves that, but she certainly has needed putting in her place for some time. She tramples over everybody, is a total hypocrite and has no loyalty to anybody. She genuinely believes she has a God given right to take anybody's husband just because she wants them. The way she sneered at Maria when she accused Frank of inappropriate behaviour then immediately phoned Maria and expected her to be there for her was a real example of Carla's "me, me, me" attitude.

I just can't stand the woman.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She has some very nice qualities. She is, for instance, very kind to her staff.

She just fails when it comes to other women's husbands:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    totally agree she does my head in. everyone seems to be expected to just forgive everything she's done in the past and be nice to her now. don't get me wrong rape is a horrible thing and no body should have go through it and yes she should have some people to support her but i really don't think that everybody would be able to forgive her just like that.

i'm also getting really sick of peter running after her all the time. leanne was totally right yesterday he needs to stay away from her to let her recover because him being around all the time isn't helping. plus he should really be focasing on his wife. he always seems to put other people over leanne which also does my head in (although i am slightly biased towards her :p)

and i would just like to point out that i love alison king and think she's a fantastic actor i just don't like carla :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope I really like Carla and she is way better than Leanne in my opinion.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    im not a fan of hers, but she is good actress..When she was drinking the supposed vodka i thought she was good, pulling those funny faces just like in real life, how your face goes when swigging some vodka from the bottle :D

I thought that was a good moment aswell!
    Usually people in soaps don't even grimace (obviously because its not real vodka) but it just never looks realistic, so she does that well!
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    She has some very nice qualities. She is, for instance, very kind to her staff.

She just fails when it comes to other women's husbands:o

- refresh my memory, someone, please - what happened to a female member of staff that died on her premises? how did she die?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    - refresh my memory, someone, please - what happened to a female member of staff that died on her premises? how did she die?

didnt someone fal down the stairs in the factory, and covered it up..a foriegner :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Carla was running a business making baby clothes in underworld but Paul only let her do it at night. And one of her workers was doing overtime and basically fell down the stairs whilst carrying some boxes. Carla was like standing there in shock when Paul came in and basically said he would say she came in early and was working for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,516
    Forum Member
    I find Carla absolutely vile :mad: and I do mean the character not the actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really dislike the character and could quite understand Leanne's take on the matter
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is definetely a man's woman, doesnt have many friends, is extremely selfish and isnt really very likeable - but - I cant help liking her. I really think her and Peter have some chemistry going on, that kissing scene they did a couple of months ago was pretty hot stuff! Not keen on Leanne at all although i know we are meant to feel sorry for her. I actually see her and Nick as more a compatible couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    I like Carla, but I think she will become much harder for audiences to like if the writers persist with the recurring concept of her becoming attracted to someone else's husband. However this story concludes, she needs to evolve from that point onward or Coronation Street is in danger of having a good character stagnate.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Why are people repeatedly remarking on how they dislike the character and not the actor, the thread's about the character isn't it.

Anyway, she looks like Cruela DeVille and I can't get past her face, don't like her and find it hard to give a flying what happens to her.
    Can't understand what anyone sees in her either as friend or partner.
    Only of interest when she gives other characters something to do, I was hoping she'd give Hayley some work to do supporting her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I go and off Carla. I liked her when she was with Trevor, but couldn't stand her during the Liam affair and now, despite her ordeal, I just find it very hard to like her.

I'll tell you which character I've completely gone off...Peter. The fact that he's stringing Carla along at her most vulnerable along with running circles around his wife makes me think he's still as selfish was he was during the Lucy/Shelley days.
  • Options
    judy08judy08 Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I don't like her at all after she went after Peter (her best friend's husband) but before that she stole Liam from Maria who was pregnant and I think she is very manipulative about the overdose as she wouldn't have rang Peter if it was a serious attempt.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karma has caught up with her.