Sugababes 1.0 to make a comeback?

Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a346025/sugababes-original-lineup-to-reform.html

Would be a bit of a shock if they did. I'd like to see it happen, but surely there would be legal issues and what not...it would explain Mutya trying to get rights to the name though...

Does anyone really need them? :confused:

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God I hope not, they were rubbish, great voices, depressing music apart from the singles and just a typical moody, chavy look, that probably wont be the case now but they were deifnitely the worst version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their debut album was amazing.

Ideally, I'd much rather see another solo album from Siobhan. However, if this is the only way I'm going to hear her again then I'm all for it.

Vocally, they were the best line up, too (IMO).
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Part of me is excited. Part of me is a bit gutted. I think if any Sugababes line up were to reform and make me happy it would be Mutya, Keisha and Heidi.

I do wonder if this means 4.0 are splitting and 1.0 will officially take the name! With Heidi going onto DOI it crossed my mind 4.0 might not return .

None of this is good for the brand. 1.0 singing anything past One Touch would not seem right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/zn0g8.jpg

LOL.I love the Sugababes (apart from 3.0.) but this is TOO much!So, there will be a girl band including:

1)Keisha : the girl who has been raving about a solo career for 2 years doing actual promo, yet she is still recording.She's also the girl that was willing to keep going after the other 2 original members left and she had a brand new girl re-recording her ex-bandmate's parts

2)Mutya : the girl who left one of the most successful girl groups ever in the middle of their best received era ever to launch a solo career with one moderate hit.She is also a celebrity wannabe with a "weird" tooth that just won the rights for gift wraps.Her latest solo efforts are getting 1k views each on YouTube.

3)Siobhan : the girl who had to quit a girl band due to being bullied by member #1 and then launched a very different solo career with non-commercial material and avoided the limelight throughout that career.

That's going to be so entertaining, damn it!! :D:D

Kidding aside, if they ALL accept to change a lot of things and find their chemistry and balance, they might come up with something brilliant.But I'd be excused for believing that with their current profile, they just don't gel together.I wish them all the luck they can get and IF it happens I will be checking for them, but the idea sounds...awkward :o
    Forum Member
    I can;t wait for Keisha's quote "We were never really the sugababes after Siobhan left"

Which will replace "we only became the Sugababes when Heidi joined and replaced the other girl" and "We are stronger and better as a band now (3.0))
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any band that ISN'T reforming at the moment?

That said, I think it could be quite nice to see the original trio together again if they can kiss and make up. 1.0 has always been my favourite line-up by far and I still think One Touch is the best work anyone using the Sugababes name ever did. If 1.0 ever do a few concerts or anything, I would make every effort to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would definitely be an interesting reunion, especially since the new Sugababes lineup is gearing up to release a new album. However, as others have said, it is the 2.0 lineup that most people would want to see if any were to reunite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt this report is true. It's just too fabricated too me but if they were to consider reuniting to make a new band with a new album etc. That'd be awesome!
    To me, since Keisha was showed the door, the Sugababes were no more and the current line up just doesn't do it for me. They have the potential to be successful in their own terms but as sugababes they just boring and look rather dated...As one poster said if they are able to find the right sound that matches their vocals, personalities and musical sensibilities the original line up, if reunited could revive the Sugababes vibe in positive spotlights minus the band's name and the catfights;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/zn0g8.jpg

LOL.I love the Sugababes (apart from 3.0.) but this is TOO much!So, there will be a girl band including:

1)Keisha : the girl who has been raving about a solo career for 2 years doing actual promo, yet she is still recording.She's also the girl that was willing to keep going after the other 2 original members left and she had a brand new girl re-recording her ex-bandmate's parts

2)Mutya : the girl who left one of the most successful girl groups ever in the middle of their best received era ever to launch a solo career with one moderate hit.She is also a celebrity wannabe with a "weird" tooth that just won the rights for gift wraps.Her latest solo efforts are getting 1k views each on YouTube.

3)Siobhan : the girl who had to quit a girl band due to being bullied by member #1 and then launched a very different solo career with non-commercial material and avoided the limelight throughout that career.

That's going to be so entertaining, damn it!! :D:D

Kidding aside, if they ALL accept to change a lot of things and find their chemistry and balance, they might come up with something brilliant.But I'd be excused for believing that with their current profile, they just don't gel together.I wish them all the luck they can get and IF it happens I will be checking for them, but the idea sounds...awkward :o

That's all funny because it's true..! I doubt Siobhan would go back to the Sugababes even thought they can't be Sugababes.. Mutya going back will just prove she made the wrong decision leaving and if Keisha rejoins without releasing any of the material she has been hyping for 2 years then she will look a bit daft..
    funkycub wrote: »
    I can;t wait for Keisha's quote "We were never really the sugababes after Siobhan left"

Which will replace "we only became the Sugababes when Heidi joined and replaced the other girl" and "We are stronger and better as a band now (3.0))

You know it will happen.. The way Keisha tried to airbrush Siobhan (and Mutya to an extent) out of the group's timeline was shameful.. To refer to someone as "the other girl" and then attempt to get Heidi and Amelle to re-record Overload for the GH was shit of her and shit on the legacy of the first album..
    Part of me is excited. Part of me is a bit gutted. I think if any Sugababes line up were to reform and make me happy it would be Mutya, Keisha and Heidi.

I do wonder if this means 4.0 are splitting and 1.0 will officially take the name! With Heidi going onto DOI it crossed my mind 4.0 might not return .

None of this is good for the brand. 1.0 singing anything past One Touch would not seem right!

I would imagine 1.0 reforming would spur Heidi, Amelle and Jade on even more. Crown own the name now and I doubt Keisha would sign to the management team that kicked her out two years ago.. I would imagine Heidi allegedly going onto DOI 2012 is to create an interest in the group and promote the Sugababes name, Philip and Holly saying "Sugababe Heidi Range" every week for 10 weeks on one of the most watched ITV winter shows is pretty good promotion rather than the end..

Much as I like 4.0 singing Freak onwards, I wouldn't mind 1.0 singing up to Get Sexy but I really don't imagine Siobhan singing "When I'm walking down the street they say hey sexy" (Get Sexy) or "The weather's nice and wet just south of the border" (Easy)..

Nor do I see the originals even reforming.. Siobhan went through hell with Keisha, who then subsequently slagged her off at every opportunity..
    Forum Member
    Siobhan was slating Keisha when Keisha was dumped from SB, so it does smack of desperation now that the three have not made it successful solo!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Siobhan was slating Keisha when Keisha was dumped from SB, so it does smack of desperation now that the three have not made it successful solo!!

Siobhan might not have reached the commercial success, but critically she would definitely be considered successful..
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'll be interested to listen to what music they release. I didn't start listening to the Sugababes until Heidi joined the group. I thought they were better after she joined.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any reason to hear Siobhan Donaghys AMAZING vocals again live. I love her. I'd rather have a new solo Siobhan record but this is better than nothing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Oh, btw, if this rumour gets more widespread then I would like Siobhan to capitalise on that ;) Not a big fan of her music, but she deserves a little bit more coverage. :cool:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will NEVER happen as Mutya is too busy focusing on getting to #1 in the stationery charts:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    This will NEVER happen as Mutya is too busy focusing on getting to #1 in the stationery charts:o

Haha! Love it :D
  • Lucy WooLucy Woo Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    So I guess Keisha's solo career didn't even take off then?
  • -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the point. Two of them buggered off from the group in the first place, so why try & come back?
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    Their debut album was amazing.

Ideally, I'd much rather see another solo album from Siobhan. However, if this is the only way I'm going to hear her again then I'm all for it.

Vocally, they were the best line up, too (IMO).

It really is. More than 10yrs on, and I'm still playing it. Still sounds fresh as well.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siobhan is too good to go back to the Sugababes name. Her albums are just amazing.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this doesn't happen
    Siobohan was never that amazing and didn't gell enough between Mutya and Keisha.

I want Keisha's debut album instead and a second one from Mutya.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    They should get back together and get their name back from the imposters.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Siobhan and Keisha can't stand each other though..this would make no sense
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Siobhan is too good to go back to the Sugababes name. Her albums are just amazing.

I agree. I loved Sugababes 1.0. But the music Siobhan has since released solo is in another league and very different to anything the future versions of Sugababes recorded that I just don't think she should be going back with them. She may not have had any commercial success on her own but then so many of the best artists don't. For me, artistically Siobhan's solo music is better than anything Sugababes have ever recorded.

I would like to see Sugababes 2.0 back together as they did record some brilliant pop songs during their time and I love the albums 3 and Taller In More Ways (original Mutya release). 3.0 I don't mind a few songs but already I found their stuff started to bore me and the least said about 4.0 the better! I'm not talking about the group members, btw. I think Jade is a terrific singer, but I find their recent music as bland and formulaic as hell!

As for Mutya, I adore her voice and I really like her solo album. I wish she'd had more success with it but I don't think she released the best songs from it as singles.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are SkyLiving making a documentary?