Options

The Walking Dead S3 FXUK

Comments

• Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    No one appears to be mentionning 'the gun'............

Did nobody else notice that there was a gun taped to the table by the Governor's chair ?.............did I imagine it ?..........:eek:
    I don't think we could fail to notice it - they may as well have had a big red arrow pointing to it - but then as ever - nothing happened,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    I said I enjoyed the last episode. And? If you think it's a soap opera the solution is simple. Watch something else.
    You actually said "Loved the last episode. I get that some people don't like the episodes that are low on walker action but you have to have some plot and character development" which makes me believe that you felt that episode had character development - when it clearly did not.

I keep watching because like a lot of people - am hoping tht it will return to the brilliance of the first series.
    I thought the first half of season 2 was slow but loved the last half. People like you are not happy unless it's constant killing of zombies. Sad.You will be right at home on IMDB boards for TWD.
    I've often said - if you can be bothered to look - that I don't want constant zombie kill. For me - the real danger is the human danger that The Governor (and others to follow) are supposed to pose. I couldn't care less if there were no zombies from now on - they're rather boring.

People like you will blindly watch a series not admitting that it is failing quite badly in parts - and its because of easily pleased people like you that the makers will continue to plod on on the same meandering, directionless path that is has been doing.

If you bothered to look at some of the earlier posts on IMDb - you'll realise that a lot of people had valid points - it is just sad that so many trolls are there at the moment making off-topic and juvenile posts (because they've been drummed out of the IMDb Sandbox/Soapbox). As I said - I don't post there that often (if, as before - you'd bother to read).
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You actually said "Loved the last episode. I get that some people don't like the episodes that are low on walker action but you have to have some plot and character development" which makes me believe that you felt that episode had character development - when it clearly did not.

I keep watching because like a lot of people - am hoping tht it will return to the brilliance of the first series.

I've often said - if you can be bothered to look - that I don't want constant zombie kill. For me - the real danger is the human danger that The Governor (and others to follow) are supposed to pose. I couldn't care less if there were no zombies from now on - they're rather boring.

People like you will blindly watch a series not admitting that it is failing quite badly in parts - and its because of easily pleased people like you that the makers will continue to plod on on the same meandering, directionless path that is has been doing.

If you bothered to look at some of the earlier posts on IMDb - you'll realise that a lot of people had valid points - it is just sad that so many trolls are there at the moment making off-topic and juvenile posts (because they've been drummed out of the IMDb Sandbox/Soapbox). As I said - I don't post there that often (if, as before - you'd bother to read).

If I didn't enjoy it I would say, as I mentioned I didn't care for the first half of season 2. However, upon second watching it wasn't as bad as I first thought. This season the only episode I was dissapointed in was the first ep back after the mid season break.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    No one appears to be mentionning 'the gun'............

Did nobody else notice that there was a gun taped to the table by the Governor's chair ?.............did I imagine it ?..........:eek:

I was waiting to for him to slyly retrieve it and shoot Rick under the table...............:eek:

I might have imagined it because it would be a very stupid thing to do, not knowing which chair Rick would sit at............or wether, as happened, Rick would arrive first and have chance to have a good look around the room

A Chekov's gun that did not go off. Besides, Rick should
    be expecting a trap like that.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all getting a bit too season 2 for me at the moment.

But, like season 2, I expect there'll be a Sophia moment that makes it all worthwhile.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    I didnt watch season one , but I cant remember any dogs , or horses in this series.What happened to them surely someone would have a dog. Also why havent the animals turned zombie
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jakobjoe wrote: »
    I didnt watch season one , but I cant remember any dogs , or horses in this series.What happened to them surely someone would have a dog. Also why havent the animals turned zombie

I'm guessing that the disease only affects humans, not animals :) there was a horse in the first season but it got eaten by zombies...maybe that's what happened to all the animals
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member

Agree, watched from the start and just don't think its as good as it believes it is or, that its "emperor's. new clothes" hero worshipers say it is. Not read the comics so its not that I'm unfairly comparing, and any other show I would have given up on by now, so hanging on until the end of this season but then il rethink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, watched from the start and just don't think its as good as it believes it is or, that its "emperor's. new clothes" hero worshipers say it is. Not read the comics so its not that I'm unfairly comparing, and any other show I would have given up on by now, so hanging on until the end of this season but then il rethink.

I think a lot of the problem is that it is all too rural, it was fascinating seeing deserted towns and cities like Atlanta, and I also enjoyed it when they went to the DIsease Control place in Season 1. Logic dictates that they could not stay in those types of environments, but it does not make for interesting viewing watching them meander around the countryside, with hardly any information coming our way, just a lot of glaring and posturing. I know, I shouldn't watch it if I'm not enjoying it, like others I am waiting until the end of the current season to make a decision.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the disease only affects humans, not animals :) there was a horse in the first season but it got eaten by zombies...maybe that's what happened to all the animals

There were animals on the farm in series 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    There were animals on the farm in series 2.
    ... and don't forget Nervous Nellie!
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the problem is that it is all too rural, it was fascinating seeing deserted towns and cities like Atlanta, and I also enjoyed it when they went to the DIsease Control place in Season 1. Logic dictates that they could not stay in those types of environments, but it does not make for interesting viewing watching them meander around the countryside, with hardly any information coming our way, just a lot of glaring and posturing. I know, I shouldn't watch it if I'm not enjoying it, like others I am waiting until the end of the current season to make a decision.

I loved that Rick as able to ride into Atlanta on his horse and see no-one, all cars abandoned/on fire and he turns the corner and bam ! Walkers, the horse freaks out and throws him off and he needs to get under the tank for cover.

I'm bored of the countryside, i need to know whats happening outside of the prison, Woodberry and Atlanta. I want to know what efforts the government made to stop this, i want to see the army getting overrun, i want to see panic. Im bored of the governor and the Woodberry arc, although im certain he'll be gone soon enough.

Does anyone know any info about S4 and what direction it'll be taking ? I read they plan on shooting S4 in May so something must be out there. People knew about S3 and the prison and the Governor before the end of S2.

PM me if you don't wish to spoil anyone.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But there was no character development in that episode at all.
    I liked seeing the interactions between Hershel and Milton, and Martinez and Daryl, and Merle and the others. It was Beth who pulled a gun on Merle. We had Glenn standing up to Merle despite having been beaten by him at Woodbury. Michonne turned down Merle's plan, even though it was similar to what she had done herself using Rick's group as the diversion. We got to see Rick lying to his group yet again. We got to see Andrea rejected from the summit she had arranged. Glenn finally figured out why Maggie was upset with him, and was reconciled. We had a bit more of the Governor's back story. And we had Rick going from wanting to expel Michonne, to her being part of the group, to him now deciding to expel her again.

There was loads of character stuff in this episode.
    I agree it does have faults. Io9 posted quite a good list. In particular, the prison doesn't seem worth defending and the Governor isn't scary enough. However, it's better than it often gets credit for.

You say there was no character development. It seems to me that, for example, we are seeing Glenn gradually turn into a leader. It's slow, and perhaps you are expecting too much if you want it all to happen in a single episode. But we saw him get it wrong a few episodes back; he was in charge, tried to get people to keep watch, then went off and allowed a Governor's man to get into a watch-tower. This time he did a little better; he stopped Merle wrecking the summit. He also reconciled with Maggie and learned a little there. He's still go a long way to go, but to say there is no progress is wrong.

Likewise Beth is slowly turning into more of a character. She's gone from being a background female, to an active role in looking after the baby, to the one who pulled a gun and fired it when Merle needed to be stopped. There was stuff happening in that episode, if only you paid attention.
    I might have imagined it because it would be a very stupid thing to do, not knowing which chair Rick would sit at............or wether, as happened, Rick would arrive first and have chance to have a good look around the room
    No, the Governor arrived first. He was already in the room when Rick walked in. That's why he was able to set up the gun and control where Rick sat. It wasn't luck. He was being cunning and manipulative. Even his own people didn't know he was already there. He was a step or two ahead of everyone else, as usual.

I think the gun was just for insurance. It meant he could remove his obvious weapon and thus get Rick to holster his.
  • Options
    srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the episode. I enjoyed the dialogue between the Govenor and Rick.
    Also enjoyed the chat Milton and Hershel had. I get the Milton hate. They seem to be redeeming him just now, maybe grooming him for a "goodie" switch. He questioned the govenor on his ambush and got on well with Hershel.

This was a good build up some tension episode, just as long as it has built up to something good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I liked seeing the interactions between Hershel and Milton, and Martinez and Daryl, and Merle and the others. It was Beth who pulled a gun on Merle. We had Glenn standing up to Merle despite having been beaten by him at Woodbury. Michonne turned down Merle's plan, even though it was similar to what she had done herself using Rick's group as the diversion. We got to see Rick lying to his group yet again. We got to see Andrea rejected from the summit she had arranged. Glenn finally figured out why Maggie was upset with him, and was reconciled. We had a bit more of the Governor's back story. And we had Rick going from wanting to expel Michonne, to her being part of the group, to him now deciding to expel her again.

There was loads of character stuff in this episode.

I agree it does have faults. Io9 posted quite a good list. In particular, the prison doesn't seem worth defending and the Governor isn't scary enough. However, it's better than it often gets credit for.

You say there was no character development. It seems to me that, for example, we are seeing Glenn gradually turn into a leader. It's slow, and perhaps you are expecting too much if you want it all to happen in a single episode. But we saw him get it wrong a few episodes back; he was in charge, tried to get people to keep watch, then went off and allowed a Governor's man to get into a watch-tower. This time he did a little better; he stopped Merle wrecking the summit. He also reconciled with Maggie and learned a little there. He's still go a long way to go, but to say there is no progress is wrong.

Likewise Beth is slowly turning into more of a character. She's gone from being a background female, to an active role in looking after the baby, to the one who pulled a gun and fired it when Merle needed to be stopped. There was stuff happening in that episode, if only you paid attention.

No, the Governor arrived first. He was already in the room when Rick walked in. That's why he was able to set up the gun and control where Rick sat. It wasn't luck. He was being cunning and manipulative. Even his own people didn't know he was already there. He was a step or two ahead of everyone else, as usual.

I think the gun was just for insurance. It meant he could remove his obvious weapon and thus get Rick to holster his.

Great link thanks, I agree with everything on that list (don't read it if you want to avoid spoilers from the comics)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    Likewise Beth is slowly turning into more of a character. She's gone from being a background female, to an active role in looking after the baby, to the one who pulled a gun and fired it when Merle needed to be stopped. There was stuff happening in that episode,if only you paid attention.
    How patronising! And big whoopie-doo! Beth fired the gun! And then what happened - NOTHING!

I used to love this show but oddly enough - the beauty of it now is - you don't even have to pay attention as absolutely zilch happens (and no I don't mean I want zombies left-right-and-centre - as I've said - they're boring).

I'm sure the season finale will be excellent - but I'll ask myself - was it worth sticking around for the 15 previous episodes.

Series 1 was excellent. Series 2 & 3 (so far) are just a little bit more complex than Eastenders (and their fans are easily pleased too!)
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How patronising! And big whoopie-doo! Beth fired the gun! And then what happened - NOTHING!

I used to love this show but oddly enough - the beauty of it now is - you don't even have to pay attention as absolutely zilch happens (and no I don't mean I want zombies left-right-and-centre - as I've said - they're boring).

I'm sure the season finale will be excellent - but I'll ask myself - was it worth sticking around for the 15 previous episodes.

Series 1 was excellent. Series 2 & 3 (so far) are just a little bit more complex than Eastenders (and their fans are easily pleased too!)

And you call others patronising :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member

Good points.If you missed series one and so hardly seen a real city in series 2 and 3 so far. We need a bigger picture not in a cocoon that is seemingly becoming so stifling and boring now.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

Robert Kirkman has said only humans become zombies
    because of the virus, and hence we won't see any undead
    animals in the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    And you call others patronising :rolleyes:
    I guess I'm going to have to get used to the fact that some people are VERY easily pleased.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Kirkman has said only humans become zombies
    because of the virus, and hence we won't see any undead
    animals in the show.

They can hardly be arsed with human zombies on some eps, what makes you think they'll ever bother with zombie animals?

A few weeks ago i did a tweet that said "The Walking Dead is basically crap" and after seeing this latest episode, i think i was right. Sure, the last ep WILL be good. We know that. But why should we wade through shite every other week. I don't know of any other show that makes you sit through so much filler. (oh wait, i do, Doctor Who)

Oh, and by the by, Andrew Lincoln is not a great actor. When he saw The Governor in that room, i wasn't sure if he was startled, or if he had wind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello, my name is tands and apparently I'm very easily pleased. I'm off to watch some more of the excellent Walking Dead right after I finish playing with this ball of wool. Hope I don’t get distracted by any shiny objects.
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    They can hardly be arsed with human zombies on some eps, what makes you think they'll ever bother with zombie animals?

This says it all really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I haven't read the graphic novels but I'd like to think that the next series will start to look into the reasons behind the virus and what has become of governments and other organisations.

I suspect the two opposing factions will have merged by the beginning of next series (under whose leadership I don't know - Andrea?) and they'll have a more secure base of operation in Woodberry.

This could allow them to start exploring further afield maybe.

I'd be disappointed if season 4 was more bumbling around the countryside trying to find a place to fit in!

That said, I've enjoyed this season and I'm not after huge reveals and massive battles every episode - the lower-key stuff is essential to the programme and well executed in my opinion.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    nook26 wrote: »
    I haven't read the graphic novels but I'd like to think that the next series will start to look into the reasons behind the virus and what has become of governments and other organisations.

the creator said he wouldn't go into the origins of the virus in the comics so i imagine that the show won't either, although it would be interesting to see how it started :-)
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=nook26;64870116

That said, I've enjoyed this season and I'm not after huge reveals and massive battles every episode - the lower-key stuff is essential to the programme and well executed in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree although Rick has been very annoying, and I do think the writers could do a tad better with him.
    I prefer the lower key stuff too, I'm not much into the gory side of it, zombies in general scare the hell out of me don't know why, I can watch practically anything without it really affecting me but zombie Apocalypse <Shudders>:o