Options

England v Scotland - KO 8pm - ITVHD

LyotoLyoto Posts: 67
Forum Member
Thought this match deserved its own thread.

Preview here:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/284133/preview

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4-0 england
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obligatory 'too close to the start of the premier league season' comment.

That I totally agree with.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    If Scotland treat it like a competitive game, more so than England, I wouldn't be surprised if its a 1-1 draw. A 3 or 4 nil England victory is probably more likely though.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a pointless game sorry mean friendly a few days before the start of season and on ITV, I think I stick to watching paint dry
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,484
    Forum Member
    Paddy Power should offer odds on "Which Premier League player is going to get injured in a pointless match just a few days before the season starts?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    Its a pointless game sorry mean friendly a few days before the start of season and on ITV, I think I stick to watching paint dry

oh come on

any football is better than paint dry let alone this matchup

whats happened to the world? wheres the love of football gone? everyone acts like they are head of EPL or PFA

boring!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm predicting most of the the England fans will post they really don't care about the match yet when kick off arrives will be heavily criticising the team if they're not winning.

I'm actually really looking forward to this as its the first ever international fixture, hopefully England win and I expect them too.
  • Options
    CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put £20 on a Scotland win, the odds are pretty good, a Scotish win will bring me home just under £400!

worth a punt!
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, let us all know how that goes. Will you be doing some painting especially for the occasion?

But seriously, I can see why people are complaining. It's not an ideal time to have a friendly. I certainly wouldn't be happy if the likes of Jack Wilshere got a serious injury three days before the start of the season. But, it's happening so we may as well sit down and enjoy it. Plus, there's the added bonus of soap fans complaining that "Corrie isn't on because of boring football" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Put £20 on a Scotland win, the odds are pretty good, a Scotish win will bring me home just under £400!

worth a punt!

20-1 for a Scotland win? Are you sure?
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    oh come on

any football is better than paint dry let alone this matchup

whats happened to the world? wheres the love of football gone? everyone acts like they are head of EPL or PFA

boring!

Have got to admit, where the England team is concerned I have little love left. It be the same old stuff trotted out before and after the game etc, Plus ITV coverage is normally pretty awful.

Yes in the past England Vs Scotland would have me watching (or even going) but currently international football and more so when England play just does not do it anymore for me. I went to the last England game at Wembley and just thought Jesus Christ the performance on the pitch was almost as worse as the performance in the stands where we was outsung by the Irish. I came away thinking I doubt we will get to the World Cup.

Am looking forward to Saturday when the premership starts and have been enjoying watching the Championship but England? Just gives me the muh feeling and has done for a while now. Normally for any football I head to the pub after work and at least watch the first half (and stay if its a decent game) but last few England games I just walked right past the pub
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    A repeat of the U21s result would be nice.
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    I'm predicting most of the the England fans will post they really don't care about the match yet when kick off arrives will be heavily criticising the team if they're not winning.

I'm actually really looking forward to this as its the first ever international fixture, hopefully England win and I expect them too.
    Yep, like clockwork. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone watch the U21s last night? great game some of them players will probably be in the senior squad in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was a bit one sided to be considered a great game in my opinion...
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult one, it's patronising to suggest Scotland will take it more seriously but you have to think the PL stars will have one eye on the weekend and there'll be 20 very very very nervous managers sitting staring at TV's tonight

Then again it is a World Cup season and there are places up for grabs if England qualify.

Not convinced that Lambert isn't a Davies/Ricketts style cap

With 25,000 Scots I hope it's a good game and I'm going to start the obligatory

Will someone please tell that England band to just **** right off
  • Options
    CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treetop wrote: »
    20-1 for a Scotland win? Are you sure?

Your right, ! lol

The actual odds are Scotland @ 6/1

Stake per line €14.15

Potential Returns €99.05

Still not bad for €14!
  • Options
    MeicYMeicY Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England fans should realise how bloody lucky they are to have all their games free on the national commercial terrestrial broadcaster. They should also learn not to take their national team for granted and belittle internationals in any way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adrian chiles and itv sucks,but just tune in for them game and then out again at half time.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    adrian chiles and itv sucks,but just tune in for them game and then out again at half time.

Well yes, that is the most annoying thing about ITV football for me: Adrian Chiles. Why does he always look as if he'd rather be anywhere but getting paid to watch football for free? Show some enthusiasm Adrian!
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    The Scots will treat it as if it's the World Cup Final. You can tell their already super excited from the fans in Trafalgar Square today. England on the other hand? I don't think we even care if we win or lose.

They always like to treat England/Scotland as a rivalry but I don't think England see it that way unless we faced each other in a competition of some sort (Euro's/WorldCup). Although that's probably a benefit to the Scottish fans, their more likely to Enjoy the game than we are so good on them.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I stick to watching paint dry

Try not to sniff it this time, eh?
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    They always like to treat England/Scotland as a rivalry but I don't think England see it that way unless we faced each other in a competition of some sort (Euro's/WorldCup). Although that's probably a benefit to the Scottish fans, their more likely to Enjoy the game than we are so good on them.

Same with England vs Germany, another one sided rivalry.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Same with England vs Germany, another one sided rivalry.

Yup. We seem to get very worked up when we play the Germans, I don't get it really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KIIS102 wrote: »
    Yup. We seem to get very worked up when we play the Germans, I don't get it really.

Residual remembrance of the world wars, as well as the World Cup final I'd suspect.. Germany's real rivals are Holland.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wayne can play for England, but not Manchester United.

Jack Wiltshire is similar to Gazza. :eek: Adrian Chiles says...