as 101 until the Very Slow BBC
put the local news or just London News onto BBC1HD

BBC2 normal for SkyHD customers is Ch142

Great Move SkyHD

Comments

• Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has happened for some people anyway. Many are still seeing BBC Two England on 102.

BBC One HD cannot go to 101 as it a national channel, BBC One HD England, not Regional as the BBC One channels currently.
  • arista_tibb7arista_tibb7 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    It has happened for some people anyway. Many are still seeing BBC Two England on 102.

BBC One HD cannot go to 101 as it a national channel, BBC One HD England, not Regional as the BBC One channels currently.

what area are you near?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what area are you near?

North East England, BBC North East & Cumbria/ITV Tyne Tees area.
    I still have the SD channel on 102.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Mine swapped over between 5:30 and 7
    Forum Member

if you go to the Sky Site
    they have a helper (you type in your question)
    ask when you will recieve it

Say how come South England has it and Not us?

let us know what they say
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Mine swapped over between 5:30 and 7

Maybe it takes time to do the whole of the UK
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member

I live on Tyneside in Gateshead and I've got the BBC 2 HD channel on EPG number 102.
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    THOMO wrote: »
    I live on Tyneside in Gateshead and I've got the BBC 2 HD channel on EPG number 102.
    Ian.

thats great

maybe it takes time
    or turn your SkyHD box off at the mains
    and back on again (when people have time to do that)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't they move BBC 1 London HD to 101 across the UK as a temporary measure until all regions are ready to go HD?

All they need to do is inform viewers outside London to switch to 141 to watch their local news.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Move SkyHD
    It's actually the BBC allowing it (finally), but it will only swap for those subscribing to the HD pack.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't they move BBC 1 London HD to 101 across the UK as a temporary measure until all regions are ready to go HD?

All they need to do is inform viewers outside London to switch to 141 to watch their local news.

its not BBC One London HD though its a non regional channel!
    They could make it BBC One London HD and put it at 101 in London and they might if the BBC Trust approves the idea of BBC One HD Regions:
    Regarding BBC News HD, we have decided to delay the swapping with the SD channel until after the Christmas change freeze, ie, January 2014, in order to avoid non-essential technical work that could impact the availability of our existing SD BBC News channel whilst it is covering a major news story.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...-December-2013, as they start to roll them out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    It's actually the BBC allowing it (finally), but it will only swap for those subscribing to the HD pack.

Or EE+!

They do need to sort something out with Sky, that FTA HD channels swap on HD boxes anyway, even if people dont have a Sky sub! I guess it would only be able to be done for people that actually have a Sky card though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What would be the point in that? It would mean that 101 would not provide me with the correct region for the area.

Instead of informing people to switch to 141 for local news, people can just switch to 141 for the HD channel, as they have to already.
  • sparrysparry Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum's has switched as she has the HD pack, in Leicester
  • wilson500wilson500 Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As London is the biggest region by population, putting HD on 101 in London and have it carrying the London programme instead of the retune message would benefit a great number of viewers.

I'm not in the London area, so still wouldn't help me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilson500 wrote: »
    As London is the biggest region by population, putting HD on 101 in London and have it carrying the London programme instead of the retune message would benefit a great number of viewers.

London may have the largest population in that sense, but compared to the rest of England, the population is small.
    So no it is not a good idea.
  • wilson500wilson500 Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London may have the largest population in that sense, but compared to the rest of England, the population is small.
    So no it is not a good idea.

Why not a good idea? It wouldn't disadvantage anyone outside London as they'd still have BBC One SD on 101 same as it now. Viewers on BBC One HD outside London could watch London news or retune instead of now watching the retune message or retune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not a good idea? It wouldn't disadvantage anyone outside London as they'd still have BBC One SD on 101 same as it now. Viewers on BBC One HD outside London could watch London news or retune instead of now watching the retune message or retune.

Sorry, I thought you meant do this nationally, rather than just in the London region itself.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It already has gone to 101 in Northern Ireland and I think Wales and Scotland, too. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    It already has gone to 101 in Northern Ireland and I think Wales and Scotland, too. ;)
    I was talking about England only. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales only have one BBC One region, unlike England.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess this would be a step in the right direction and before the switch to the regional news, the national presenters could just say: 'if you are watching in HD, for local news in other parts of England go to 1 or 101 in your area'!
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I guess this would be a step in the right direction and before the switch to the regional news, the national presenters could just say: 'if you are watching in HD, for local news in other parts of England go to 1 or 101 in your area'!
    I'm sorry, but personally, I don't agree. :)
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member

I wish they would put LondonHD on 101. It would be better than that silly slate showing nothing.

I never watch local opt-outs anyway.

The BBC should save money by just having one English HD Service. The other regions seem to manage
  • RestorerRestorer Posts: 2,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »

The BBC should save money by just having one English HD Service. The other regions seem to manage

I agree entirely, but I'm afraid the principle a Regional BBC is now too deeply entrenched at this level for them to dare to mess with now.

Personally, I have never understood, if they are that bothered about losing regional viewers, why they couldn't have just negotiated with Sky to introduce some software that would automatically switch to the SD channel for regional coverage whenever the dreaded red screen needed to be displayed.

I'm sure it would be simple enough to stick a warning up that the box is about to change channels and give the choice to stay watching the red screen. The basis of this already exists when a second recording is about to start on a different channel. I have never heard a convincing reason as to why this has not been possible.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,946
    Forum Member
    CRTHD wrote: »
    I wish they would put LondonHD on 101. It would be better than that silly slate showing nothing.

I never watch local opt-outs anyway.

A slate is more likely to drive viewers to their regional BBC One.

For me i'd rather have BBC One HD and BBC Two HD next to each other. On that basis my preference would be to move BBC One HD to 101, show the slate when regional programmes are on and if I want to watch i'll soon change to 141.

Across the board regional versions of BBC One HD can't come soon enough.