Have you ever owned an invisible car?

PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was convinced that a car I used to own was invisible. Other road users just didn't seem to see me, they would pull out of side roads right in front of me, cut me up on motorways and no one would ever let me out into the main flow of traffic.

The car was green so maybe it blended into the lush fields and verdant forests in the background. My latest car is bright white, maybe I chose this colour subconsciously to avoid my invisibility problems. It seems to have worked.

Do you own a car with an impressive cloaking device?

Comments

• Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :sleep:
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I have a cloaking device, really?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Bond had an invisible car in Die Another Day.

Which completely ruined Brosnan's legacy :(
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,441
    Forum Member
    Yes, yes, yes. I often have days when my car is invisible. But maybe its me doing it cause when I was riding my bike recently 2 people decided to walk out in front of me despite it being daylight and me wearing the brightest pink jacket known to man. I maybe shouldn't be allowed in or on vehicles
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,441
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »

;-) :-)
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an invisibility booster button in mine.

Installed by a nice chap by the name of Arthur Weasley.

:D
  • dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I was convinced that a car I used to own was invisible. Other road users just didn't seem to see me, they would pull out of side roads right in front of me, cut me up on motorways and no one would ever let me out into the main flow of traffic.

The car was green so maybe it blended into the lush fields and verdant forests in the background. My latest car is bright white, maybe I chose this colour subconsciously to avoid my invisibility problems. It seems to have worked.

You seem to have a few incidents when out driving, Ever thought it might be your driving ;-)
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You seem to have a few incidents when out driving, Ever thought it might be your driving ;-)

Reminds me of the safest drivers on the roads. In all their years of driving they've never had a single accident, they've seen a metric ****ton in the rear-view mirror though.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw Picto you have spoilt this thread for me. I thought it was totally invisible. :(
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »

Was it British Racing Green Picto?

For some reason, that colour is notorious for getting pranged by other motors.

Maybe cos they don't like it? :D
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a car, no.
    But despite being large and bright orange, and despite me being 6 foot 3, I swear that both I and my motorbike become invisible on the road.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are lots of invisible cars in Sainsbury's car park judging by the number of people with baffled looks pushing trolleys back and fore.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Not invisible but I once had a wooden car, with a wooden engine, and wooden wheels.

It wooden go.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit to occasionally wondering if I've somehow activated a cloaking device :(
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    I have a beer scooter, does that count?
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd be interested to know how someone pulling out of a side street in front of you can be your fault?
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thought to have a transparent car once.

(I was getting quotes for airport parking and I got fed up of putting in details such as the colour just for getting a quote, as though it makes a difference. So I just entered 'transparent'.

I forgot about it when I eventually booked, until I got to the check-in desk, when the girl said, 'it says here your car is transparent'. Which it wasn't, apart from the windows.)
  • dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how someone pulling out of a side street in front of you can be your fault?

I've seen people driving the wrong way up and down slip roads, anything is possible these days, Expect the unexpected
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I have the power of sight, your car is an Audi R8, silver grey, the number plate is personalized and is JON1 MAD. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a little black car once with invisibility issues. I always drove with the lights on as it became a regular problem. This became habit and I always have my lights on now.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    No, but I have some invisible clothes! Got a few funny looks whilst on one of my daily walks!!
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ford KA?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have a Ferrari California on the drive, its blue, its beautiful; but you can't see it. *nods*
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

;-):D:D:D
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bloody ell, how did you do that? :p