Options

Brazil sacked...again

Donald DallasDonald Dallas Posts: 3,546
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://media.guardian.co.uk/radio/story/0,,1777068,00.html

"TalkSport breakfast host Alan Brazil is set to leave the station after next month's World Cup following a bust-up with bosses at parent company Ulster Television.
Brazil, one of the station's biggest names, has been put on three months' notice after management decided to terminate his contract. He is expected to leave in July.

It is understood the row was prompted by the station's on-air trails about Brazil's party lifestyle. He has been fined between £20,000 and £30,000 for failing to turn up to work on time on four occasions."

Comments

• Options
    occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,423
    Forum Member
    Please please let it be real this time
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its muhhhhdurrrr!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Please let this be a catalist for the station to go back to being TalkRadioUK!

Ian Collins for breakfast! How about Ian Collins and The Creatures of The Morn? :)
  • Options
    4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    Your Nan wrote:

Ian Collins for breakfast! How about Ian Collins and The Creatures of The Morn? :)

Are people like you still around? Talk Radio DIED nearly 7 YEARS ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 wrote:

'Died'? Please tell me how Talk Radio died?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I suspect 4-4-2 means the station, not the concept.

But I could be wrong.

Anyway, I agree.

Bring back Tommy Boyd and let him do the flagship 6am - 6pm shift.

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4-4-2 does mean the station Talk Radio, not the speech/talk radio format.

I have written an article on this that you don't have to subscribe to: www.talksport1089.co.uk - CLICK LATEST NEWS
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please take The Moose with you, Alan.
  • Options
    Rocket RomanoRocket Romano Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory McGrath or Nick Hancock to take over?

Hmm, break the bank and bring Kelly and Baker back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Danny Baker! F**king excellent idea! Would be an amazing amazing signing for TalkSPORT!
  • Options
    BigYellowTaxiBigYellowTaxi Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    TalkSport just goes from bad to worse as far as I can see.
    It and Virgin have some serious re-thinks to be done if they're to ever get anywhere from here.
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4-4-2 wrote:

It didn't "die", it merely regenerated! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Your Nan wrote:

How about getting rid of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Collins? :yawn:
  • Options
    trash80trash80 Posts: 21,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H&J for breakfast and Mike Parry for mornings maybe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the same fate will befit his co-presenter, Zippy. How that fella got the morning gig on a national station (or any other for that matter) I'll never know.

Someone who hasn't a pompous attitude towards sport (football..) would be welcome a choice.

Tom Watt & Michael Hann

Baker & Kelly

Hawksbee & Jacobs

McGrath AND Hancock would be a good shout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Tom Watt?I think Kinghorn meets the quota of one-eyed Gooners for Talksport,we don't need that Eastenders reject back.Mark Green would be good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Baker & Kelly

I thought their show on TalkRadio was one of the best. I'd love to see them back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    bapak wrote:
    Mark Green would be good.

I always thought Mark Green was of the non-sports variety on TS?
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baker and Kelly were superb together, IMO.

Both on 5 Live and when they went to TalkRadio, as it was then.
  • Options
    156418156418 Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Mark Green was of the non-sports variety on TS?

Oh yes him, IIRC he took over the slots vacated when Tommy Boyd was removed.

Mark Green (or Ian Meadows if you listened to him on Ocean FM) was so boring, he did nothing but go on about how brilliant the Labour Party was
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brazil is now staying at talkSPORT after the World Cup. Things have now been resolved.
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the news. Does this mean he'll be added to the list of those going over to Germany, as he missed out on the recent trip to Paris when the entire station seemed to go?

BTW hope this doesn't mean any proposed improvements to the Breakfast show have been shelved too? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't believe he'll be going to Germany still, but who knows? Never say never at talkSPORT, eh!
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, I guess he'll be adopting the *dispassionate, Independent Scot's View* approach? ;)

Shame if Beeky misses out though, when everyone else is going...... :(

You know Beeky is SO wasted on Breakfast, and having to say "Al" after every sentence. He was a really good Saturday evening post-match phone-in host once.....much better than that Muppet KingPrawn. :rolleyes:

BTW any news on whether John Gregory will be signed up for the station permanently? I though he was terrific, and successfully put the Muppet in his place on many occasions with his superior knowledge of Football. [KingPrawn prefers Rugby League anyway!]. :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After being 'sacked' a couple of years ago I was very cynical about the notion of someone serving 3-months notice after a row with the management. Come on, if they had really fallen out he would have gone quicker than poor Charlie Wolf so I think it was probably another publicity stunt.

At best, if there was any real row, I think it was something like the recent drop in listeners making management want to reduce costs by sending out fewer people to Germany, and there aren't going to be many important games during breakfast hours (and I doubt Brazil would agree to being put up in a B&B!) so he was taken off the list and threw a strop. Or maybe his contract expires in the summer and he was just playing hard to get the best deal possible.

Either way, I prefered the old breakfast show that wasn't just about Brazil.