diversity of Tesco employee's

13»

Comments

• Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    OP talking about race when they should be talking about quality of service. I guess this shows you their priorities. I'd suggest they aren't in the right place.

You're a consumer, OP. Your first and most important priority is if you are being served well. Are they doing a good job?

Race has nothing to do with it. I suggest living live in modern Britain may be troublesome if you can't get over someone serving you being Asian.

I get good service from tesco and their asian staff but that's not the point!
  • Options
    Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitrose sounds hideously white. Hopefully they will fire some of the white staff and become more diverse.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »

It is the point. You seem to have something mixed up here. You seem to be affected by things such as race. As evidenced by this and other posts. Race isn't the issue you seem to think it is. Waitrose and Tesco, they employ people. Near me, Waitrose has a mixture of people if I actively think about it (which I normally don't). But big whoop? So what? There's a Co-op down the road that's the same. And Sainsburys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    But were is your evidence that white people are not getting the job because of the colour of thier skin can you prove they are that this is the case, because you have not proved anything that i can see, If the store employes 3 people should all 3 be of differant race?

I see about 10 different asian people and every time someone is replaced its by another asian member. Ill say it again
    , 100 meters away waitrows has about 90% white staff. Does anyone not find this odd??
    Discrimination is taking place at one of the stores and you lot are ok about that?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see about 10 different asian people and every time someone is replaced its by another asian member. Ill say it again
    , 100 meters away waitrows has about 90% white staff. Does anyone not find this odd??

You might just be seeing the same one.
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. You seem bizarrely obsessed with a statistical anomaly.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps if you email both Tesco and Waitrose and ask for their stats on the ethnicity of everyone who applied for the jobs?

I realise they might be reluctant to provide that information but if you use an unusual font and green lettering I think they will realise the importance of your enquiry.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    if waitrose employ 90% white people and tescos 100% asian doesn`t that even things out somewhat?
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,593
    Forum Member
    Discrimination is taking place at one of the stores and you lot are ok about that?

Your posts are tedious and your agenda is clear. Not sure DS are going to take kindly to you using their forum to accuse Tescos of discrimination. Some major firms do not take that sort of thing too kindly.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it is WAITROSE R-O-S-E!!!!!! and have you complained to them about only having whites?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    and of course recruitment is often by friend or relative referral in local retail posts, which is the most likely scenario for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    it is WAITROSE R-O-S-E!!!!!! and have you complained to them about only having whites?

Sorry about the spelling! I have no agenda just on a forum discussing and sorry if it offended anyone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your missing the point! It shouldn't matter what skin people have when employing them!.
    Im just stating an observation and it seems im wrong in some way!
    oops!
    :D:D:D
    100 meters away waitrows has about 90% white staff. Does anyone not find this odd??
    Yes. You'd have thought at least one of them would have had enough education to notice the spelling mistake on the shop name in enormous letters and phoned head office.
    You too.
    >:( Bah!!! >:(>:(
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whiterose

(Thank you)

I live in Harrow and all my Tesco Express chaps are asian, and for some reason there's a Waitrose in the dump that is WEALDSTONE, and there are 4 black people, 7 Asians, and 12 whites there right now.

Well done Waitrose, I trust some of them are gay too.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Who could seriously be arsed to email a company about this non issue?

Perhaps I'm missing a trick by not emailing KFC about their diversity policy.

No need to worry they already have diversity nailed. In our local KFC they employ several turkeys and a silly goose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

Sorry about the spelling! I have no agenda just on a forum discussing and sorry if it offended anyone!
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    waitrows employs no one.

Applies to Tesco, fails grocer's apostrophe test, such woe.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Everyone who calls themselves white has a bit of asian in them anyway ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to worry they already have diversity nailed. In our local KFC they employ several turkeys and a silly goose.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Whiterose

(Thank you)

I live in Harrow and all my Tesco Express chaps are asian, and for some reason there's a Waitrose in the dump that is WEALDSTONE, and there are 4 black people, 7 Asians, and 12 whites there right now.

Well done Waitrose, I trust some of them are gay too.

You actually noticed so much you counted! I am usually more preoccupied with the quality of their vegetables!:o
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm afraid it kind of is.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in surrey and there is a tesco express that I use occasionally and couldn't help but notice that every member of staff was asian! However The community is 90% white.
    100 meters away is a waitrows that has 90% white staff,which represents the community.

Ive emailed tesco and here is part of there long response

"Equally important, we believe we can't afford to be complacent around diversity issues and are continually working on initiatives to attract people from all backgrounds. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and we value people and their contribution, irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion or ethnic origin".

I don't believe tesco is a racist organisation but doesn't diversity work all ways.

There are quite a few Tesco Express that were private stores before Tesco bought them. We have one near us that was part of a chain owned by an Asian family and it was nearly all family working in the original store, part of the takeover was that all the staff kept their jobs so now that Tesco Express has a majority of Asian staff. It never bothered me before and still doesn't, you will go to some shops and see nearly all white British staff
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    There are quite a few Tesco Express that were private stores before Tesco bought them. We have one near us that was part of a chain owned by an Asian family and it was nearly all family working in the original store, part of the takeover was that all the staff kept their jobs so now that Tesco Express has a majority of Asian staff. It never bothered me before and still doesn't, you will go to some shops and see nearly all white British staff

This is very possable, as i wonder how many people know that the One Stop, convenience stores, are part of the tesco group, and are done though a franchise scheme.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    This is very possable, as i wonder how many people know that the One Stop, convenience stores, are part of the tesco group, and are done though a franchise scheme.

It used to be a woolworths.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    It used to be a woolworths.

Nothing you have said has proved that white people are being refused a job because they are white, Is the manager white or dont you know.