Options

DWTS Discussion Thread US Pace (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I thought for a minute you had a time machine:D

looking forward to seeing the show.....it looks like last week's ballroom couples will be doing a jive, and the last week's latins will be doing a quickstep

cant wait to see Carson's quickstep:D

and David's jive....I predict props here:D

LOL,

I just watched.

I created a good sleep pattern so I can watch live yet still be awake in the morning etc.

Very good show and Len was 100% correct in proving the point by giving Nancy 8. Because the other Quicksteps all looked like freestyle rubbish. Felt sorry for Nancy and Chaz tonight and also Carson as he really tried. lol

I voted for

Carson - 5 Votes
    Nancy - 5 Votes
    Chaz - 1 Sympathy Vote.

Thought I would vote based on personality this week than on Performance cause I am confident the best dancers will get through and hopefully Elisabetta / Kristen will leave this week.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Mrs F wrote: »
    I thought it was a very eclectic mix of celebs, and I love the fact that the new set is "blackpool":D
    That set is amazing....Just watched last weeks on Watch, last night.....and the Stairs Move.:eek:

If MY Kristin Cavallari {who} doesn't Win.....the Army Guy J.R. Martinez, will.

I'm feed up with Ricki, already.
    The Troupe...I like.
    Chynna.....Made up Spelling.:rolleyes:

And Carson, does Move like Jagger...;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Don't like Ricki.Much as I like JR I can't warm to his pro (and never have been able to).Can't help it I love David and Carson :o and have a soft spot for Chaz.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elisabetta(sp?) is so wooden:eek:

It was so good to see Derek back.

Carson really put a smile on my face:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Don't like Ricki.Much as I like JR I can't warm to his pro (and never have been able to).Can't help it I love David and Carson :o and have a soft spot for Chaz.
    I like Karina Smirnoff....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can appreciate she is a fantastic dancer there is just something about her I don't like..just one of those disliking for no apparent reason things

Elisabetta is very wooden I expected her to be much better (again for no apparent reason a bit like Calzaghe I suppose)but I like Val. Kristin not sure about yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    J.R is the only one that's delivering at the moment for me, really can't understand how Ricki got to the top of the leaderboard over him

Does anyone else think the standard is lower this season or are the judges just being more critical? Len only giving out one 8 by week 2 is even harsh for him

Elisabetta is my choice to leave, she seems very cold and is giving no performance quality
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    J.R is the only one that's delivering at the moment for me, really can't understand how Ricki got to the top of the leaderboard over him

Does anyone else think the standard is lower this season or are the judges just being more critical? Len only giving out one 8 by week 2 is even harsh for him

Elisabetta is my choice to leave, she seems very cold and is giving no performance quality

I hope you are correct as I dont want David to leave:cry:, he and Carson are my favourite contestants this season. It was evident to me David had put in a lot of effort in training. He's obviously not a football player, otherwise he'd have done better in his kicks and flicks;)

I agree with those who think the standard is lower this season compared to last, but I think the marks have been very erratic:confused: mind you I always think that:D

Is week 2 too soon to do a jive I wonder? After the cha cha I dont think any other latin dance is easy. It'll be interesting to see how our Strictly celebs cope with the salsa as 1st or 2nd latin.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also believe the standard is much lower than in previous seasons. Still the same however, is the erratic marking by the judges. Apart from JR's, all dances were overmarked. In stark contrast to last week. Perhaps the producers had a word with the judges?
    What was Len thinking giving Nancy an 8 for a meagre performance and JR a 7 for the best dance of the night?
    A proper foxtrot my @ss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The jive is always going to be a difficult dance when performed. Whilst the celebrities complain about needing stamina, they all still get through the dance much like the quickstep. When jives are performed later in the series they tend to be more precise and accurate but that's the same for all dances really.
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Chynna.....Made up Spelling.:rolleyes:

...;)

Her mother and father were from the popular 60s group "The Mama's and the Papa's" so I think her name came due to the times (and enhanced psyhotropic feelings? lol).
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really can't figure out why JR wasn't top of the leaderboard!? Thought he deserved all 8s!

If i'm honest though i thought Elisabetta was most improved this week and really enjoyed her Quickstep, i wouldnt hesitate to say actually it was my favourite Quickstep of the night.

Hope & Maks were undermarked, better than Chynnas take on the Jive i feel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    now trying to find out who was eliminated last night, fingers crossed my favourites got through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phew!!!!!!!:D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Elisabetta & Val out, David & Kym bottom two :)
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My usual source was a bit late, but finally the result show was delivered on my doorstep this morning.
    The right result. Poor girl was lacking in all the departments that matter.

The judges wanted to see Ricki's Jive again. I guess to emphasize how bad their judgement was on monday night. A jive without proper kicks and flicks. Maybe it was the excessive gyrating that did the trick. Who knows.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Irish pro on DwtS has won a poll asking who's the hottest male pro - don't know about the website, but in an interview with Tom Bergeron, he said he thought that Maks and Derek were going to be very worried about this new guy:

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/you-tell-us-who-is-the-hottest-male-pro-on-dancing-with-the-stars-season-13

I think he's fantastic. He said in an interview that he'd auditioned for Strictly and was turned down - I sure hope he's a keeper over here, assuming he wants to be.

The interview with Tom Bergeron at the same site:

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/exclusive-dwts-tom-bergeron-talks-nancy-graces-nip-slip--hot-new-pro-tristan-macmanus
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are there no updates?,have checked The Blue room too and see nothing:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allisonbm2 wrote: »
    Are there no updates?,have checked The Blue room too and see nothing:cry:

Thanks Force ten just seen the first three,still loving Carson,Jr is a very good dancer and I adore Maks but Hope just isn't doing it for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aerick wrote: »
    Her mother and father were from the popular 60s group "The Mama's and the Papa's" so I think her name came due to the times (and enhanced psyhotropic feelings? lol).
    Parent's....who'd have'em.;)

Week behind, with Watch...but still loving it....and JR, is sure to win this....His Lindy Hop...I mean Jive, was amazing.

And the Music....with all the Couples....stunning, miles better then SCD...it is,Proper Big Band tunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everyone upped their game this week I thought although the judges still inflated the scores which is annoying after two weeks of marking conservatively.

Either Chaz or Nancy to go I think, probably Chaz.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was very surprised by Rob Kardashian. Previously he's seemed very stiff and wooden to me. This week I thought there was a lot of grace and movement in his dance.

I've had to watch Ricki's rumba several times and have decided it was very understated. I like the "flowy" costumes that the women usually wear for this dance.

off to YT to watch some of the others now:D
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am posting the eliminated couple.
    Kristin and Mark. Len is quite upset.
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sort of surprised. Think people are tiring of Mark? I certainly am. Really thought Chaz would go although I am looking forward to seeing Cher in the audience next week as she promised. :D
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I for one am shocked :eek: