Options

Shut up Robbie and shut up now

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Dear Deidre,

My best mate is worth £80million, has many houses including one in LA with its own cinema, football pitch, swimming pool...

Now my problem is my friend, who I have a right laugh with and have known since childhood wants to pay me to do what I love (singing on stage) and go around the world on tour with him. During this time he will put me and my new wife and baby up in luxury hotels, transport us around by helicoptor, have us waited on hand and foot and all I have to do is turn up once a night, a couple of times a week and sing for 20 minutes in front of 65,000 people.

Then when he takes a break, he wants me and my wife and baby to leave cold rainy England to fly over to his house in LA and doss about with him in the sunshine, playing golf, a spot of shopping on Rodeo Drive for my missus, popping down to Starbucks for coffee, swimming in the pool - generally having a fab free holiday in LA.

The problem is, this is so obviously wrong, I know I should not agree to do something so terrible, we should be at home changing nappies in our flat in the UK whilst watching Neighbours rather changing nappies in LA whilst hanging out with my mate, but the thing is, I just can't resist tempation...

Help me Deidre, tell me how to tell my mate to stick his offer up his backside...
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Deidre,

My best mate is worth £80million, has many houses including one in LA with its own cinema, football pitch, swimming pool...

Now my problem is my friend, who I have a right laugh with and have known since childhood wants to pay me to do what I love (singing on stage) and go around the world on tour with him. During this time he will put me and my new wife and baby up in luxury hotels, transport us around by helicoptor, have us waited on hand and foot and all I have to do is turn up once a night, a couple of times a week and sing for 20 minutes in front of 65,000 people.

Then when he takes a break, he wants me and my wife and baby to leave cold rainy England to fly over to his house in LA and doss about with him in the sunshine, playing golf, a spot of shopping on Rodeo Drive for my missus, popping down to Starbucks for coffee, swimming in the pool - generally having a fab free holiday in LA.

The problem is, this is so obviously wrong, I know I should not agree to do something so terrible, we should be at home changing nappies in our flat in the UK whilst watching Neighbours rather changing nappies in LA whilst hanging out with my mate, but the thing is, I just can't resist tempation...

Help me Deidre, tell me how to tell my mate to stick his offer up his backside...

Allegedly :rolleyes: :D

Can we trust what RW's PR machine says?

I think not :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:
    Apparently Robbie Williams has said he's going to give up the business because 'it's all just tooooooo much'. Heard him say the same thing on stage at Hampden nearly five years ago.........shut up, or put up, fat boy

And he is a bloater, let's be honest!
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Allegedly :rolleyes: :D

Can we trust what RW's PR machine says?

I think not :rolleyes: :D

Of Course :rolleyes: They never lie :rolleyes:
    I am sick of hearing about that straight, drink free, drug free chap. He must live the lifestyle of a nun.

I am a fan, but I don't like lies, I accept people for who they are. The one quality I like more than any is honesty. When people lie to me I get :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Robbie is fantastic and I love him and regardless of wot somebody said on here, so do millions of other people.

For people who cant stand him, funny how ya have taken the time to dedicate a forum to him, whether the content is negative or not. Do you even think he would be bothered by the views on here? I think not, so carry on children xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie is fantastic and I love him and regardless of wot somebody said on here, so do millions of other people.

For people who cant stand him, funny how ya have taken the time to dedicate a forum to him, whether the content is negative or not. Do you even think he would be bothered by the views on here? I think not, so carry on children xx

Well, it's always interesting to hear what people's views are.

Still, if you like being lied to, then carry on :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote:
    I am sick of hearing about that straight, drink free, drug free chap. He must live the lifestyle of a nun.

I am a fan, but I don't like lies, I accept people for who they are. The one quality I like more than any is honesty. When people lie to me I get :mad:

Exactly.

It shows that he (or at least his 'people') ultimately treats his fans with contempt. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    DivaDiva wrote:
    I went to the leeds thing last night and I really enjoyed.

The best concert ive ever seen in my life, christ the man is gorgeous!!!

A born entertainer.

His rhyme about his old teacher was fab, I tried to remember it incase I ever bump into a certain teacher.

It's a secret song on the life thru a lens album, very funny
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote:

How many other bands, popstars lie as well its just not him. They are all at it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Do you even think he would be bothered by the views on here? I think not, so carry on children xx

I think he would be bothered, actually, he seems to have a very fragile ego. I remember when Sophie Ellis Bextor was derogatory about him and he had to insult her in return.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member

For people who cant stand him, funny how ya have taken the time to dedicate a forum to him, whether the content is negative or not. Do you even think he would be bothered by the views on here?

Well said! I agree completely.

Robbie is fantastic and i think his music is great. Ive been to see him on each of his tours and he never fails to entertain and impress.

Some would say that the green eyed monster is lurking in this forum ;)

*runs and hides now!!*
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Issy1982 wrote:

Robbie is fantastic and i think his music is great. Ive been to see him on each of his tours and he never fails to entertain and impress.

*runs and hides now!!*

No 'green eyed monster' with me love, as I'm female, married with kids, straight, and poor but happy. Why do people have to assume everyone who dislikes Robbie is somehow 'jealous' of him?

All that money and he's definitely not happy. He needs to get therapy for his mental state and give some of his dosh away or do something worthwhile with it and he might feel better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Im not saying youre personally jealous so calm down!! It was just an observation after reading all the posts on here! No offence intented!
  • Options
    Si's GalSi's Gal Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    All that money and he's definitely not happy. He needs to get therapy for his mental state and give some of his dosh away or do something worthwhile with it and he might feel better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/robbie/giveitsum/index.shtml :)

And whilst I don't have the name of his therapist, he is getting it. Therapy, I mean!

Although I don't neccessarily think that having tons of money automatically makes anybody happy. Indeed, the reverse is often true, you say that you are poor and happy and I fall into that category too - although if I won a hundred thousand on the lottery I wouldn't say no, obviously! :D
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Issy1982 wrote:

*runs and hides now!!*

Can't it just be a case of not liking his music? I know that people like him - fair enough but for he's just not for me, and I suspect there are people I think are brilliant that others think are tripe, that's the beauty of something so subjective and personal as music. Not liking him as an artist dosen't mean I know nowt about music and that you have better taste than me, or vice versa.

Would it really make any difference to his fans if he came out and said he was gay (if he is)? Would you go off him and get rid of his records, or would you think - at last, good for you, hopefully you'll be happy now?

Like I said earlier, I think the only person who fans the flames of his sexuality is Robbie - most folk are just plain bored of it now.
  • Options
    Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored with this thread.. (and I was one of the Singapore tickets holders kicked to the kerb cos Robbie is tired)..

His die hard fans will forgive all - the ones who don't like him have more ammo than ever and those others who like some songs are just so over his whining and whinging - get help Robbie - retire - or don't - who cares anymore???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote:
    Can't it just be a case of not liking his music? I know that people like him - fair enough but for he's just not for me, and I suspect there are people I think are brilliant that others think are tripe, that's the beauty of something so subjective and personal as music. Not liking him as an artist dosen't mean I know nowt about music and that you have better taste than me, or vice versa.

Exactly, you've hit the nail right on the head. The music is in the public domain, and you can like it or you needn't like it.

But not liking the music is not an excuse to rip into the person. The person is private. And I know he does things to attract publicity, and therefore he himself puts those things up for criticism, to put it mildly based on some of the comments in this thread!

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but it seems to me that certain people on here are of the opinion that they 'know' exactly what's going on with Robbie. At the end of the day NOBODY can claim to 'know' his motives or his mindset except for Robbie Williams.

By the way, for anybody who really is that bothered about Robbie one way or the other, can I recommend that you read Chris Heath's book Feel? Chris Heath isn't on Robbie's payroll and has absolutely no hidden agenda.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Yep I have that book and its a frank honest read, warts and all.

As for someone who says he would be bothered if people slag him, soz but I dont think so but hey thats your opinion and this is mine.

Robbie is brilliant at wot he does and works hard and if ya wanna slag him at least go see him live first to understand wot I mean. My boyfriend was anti-robbie until I took him to the Leeds concert last month, he changed his opinion.

Anyways, some people like him some dont, just leave it at that and put an end to this pointless thread.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for someone who says he would be bothered if people slag him, soz but I dont think so but hey thats your opinion and this is mine.

Robbie is brilliant at wot he does and works hard and if ya wanna slag him at least go see him live first to understand wot I mean. My boyfriend was anti-robbie until I took him to the Leeds concert last month, he changed his opinion.

Anyways, some people like him some dont, just leave it at that and put an end to this pointless thread.

But why would I want to spend upwards of fifty quid to go and see someone whose music I don't actually like :confused:

I know I don't like his stuff - going to see him and lining his pockets further isn't going to change my mind, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

AMEN to that. i agree totally :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags31 wrote:
    AMEN to that. i agree totally :D

Well, I don't! :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags31 wrote:
    How many other bands, popstars lie as well its just not him. They are all at it.

Does that make it right, though?

Yes, all big singers/bands have PR machines. But RW's PR machine is more mendacious than most. This is why this thread exists. People are getting very bored with it and are sick of being taken for fools.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well as said before each to their own opinion. I was also just pointing out that he isnt the only one to do it no it doesnt make it right but hes the one being slated on here so im just stating my opinion by saying he isnt the first and certainly wont be the last. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why doesn't that surprise me? :rolleyes: :p
This discussion has been closed.