Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    It's the Daily Star - don't know if it's that much trustworthy.

A song from the new album has been leaked... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl02jWp-VKw

I'm not sure what to make of it.

It certainly sounds like the material they have released before, nothing more mature about it. It is very average, but maybe it won't end up on the album.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    It certainly sounds like the material they have released before, nothing more mature about it. It is very average, but maybe it won't end up on the album.

I agree. It's just another song about yet another girl. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they haven't released songs with the names Caroline or Taylor in them yet.
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Harry having a pretty successful solo career once the band is done based on his star power and being the most famous. He's got the charisma to do it and his voice is good enough. But it will fizzle out after a few years

Liam seems like the most genuinely talented in the band and I think the only one who could potentially have quite a long career. I reckon he could be the 'Robbie' of the band
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hahahaha! I saw this on my facebook feed just now and thought it was a meme but it's for real as it's reported in the Metro.

Serves the girl right.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/20/mother-gets-revenge-on-daughter-by-selling-her-one-direction-tickets-on-ebay-4061071/
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,141
    Forum Member
    They must have recorded a lot of songs which haven't made it onto the album. Would be interesting to hear them all to see if there is something a bit different to what we're used to hearing.

This time next year, they are all going to be 20 so there is going to have to be some sort of change.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Hahahaha! I saw this on my facebook feed just now and thought it was a meme but it's for real as it's reported in the Metro.

Serves the girl right.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/20/mother-gets-revenge-on-daughter-by-selling-her-one-direction-tickets-on-ebay-4061071/

Is there any need to slag her daughter and particularly her friends off in that manner though? :( Punish her by all means, but not in such a public way.
    Does remind me of the Itchy & Scratchy Movie episode of The Simpsons when Homer bans Bart from seeing it :D
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesisace wrote: »
    I see Harry having a pretty successful solo career once the band is done based on his star power and being the most famous. He's got the charisma to do it and his voice is good enough. But it will fizzle out after a few years

Liam seems like the most genuinely talented in the band and I think the only one who could potentially have quite a long career. I reckon he could be the 'Robbie' of the band

Liam is the one who deserves a successful solo career. But unfortunately talent isn't the main factor in terms of long term success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    They must have recorded a lot of songs which haven't made it onto the album. Would be interesting to hear them all to see if there is something a bit different to what we're used to hearing.

This time next year, they are all going to be 20 so there is going to have to be some sort of change.

Before I knew about the song, I have seen the trending topic Diana so I assumed people were twitting about the movie about Lady Di so I checked it out. Of course it was about the song - I just don't know how their fans come to these conclusions so fast

"a fan named diana wrote a letter to niall saying she was suicidal, so niall wrote diana for her, he saved her"

"diana is about suicidal fans"
    "diana is about fans who self-harm"
    "diana is about fans who are insecure"

"The princess Diana was bulimic and had depression, thats why the song has that name, because we all are princesses"

If they haven't said anything about the song which is normal as it got leaked, you don't know anything, not even who wrote it. But is sweet (and a little delusional as well though) they think every song is about them - I never thought that when listening to the songs of some artist, but hey.. if that makes them happy, go for it.

But I think they are truly pushing it if they think this has the connection about Lady Di though.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer to the original question , in one word, is Jealousy . Jealous of their looks, money , success , lifestyle , simple as that .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The answer to the original question , in one word, is Jealousy . Jealous of their looks, money , success , lifestyle , simple as that .

I don't like when people say that this is always the reason - you can dislike someone without being jealous, hate doesn't always come from jealousy - that answer is too easy and bland. It is so easy to just say "oh he hates that because he is jealous" - you can just hate someone's acting or music skills, the jealousy hasn nothing to do with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not jealousy, it's because they're a manufactured pop group who were told they were crap at singing on the X Factor.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I don't like when people say that this is always the reason - you can dislike someone without being jealous, hate doesn't always come from jealousy - that answer is too easy and bland. It is so easy to just say "oh he hates that because he is jealous" - you can just hate someone's acting or music skills, the jealousy hasn nothing to do with it.
    Jason100 wrote: »
    It's not jealousy, it's because they're a manufactured pop group who were told they were crap at singing on the X Factor.

This person just gave her opinion, like many other people previously. Very few people correct the opinion of the people who slam 1D, but it seems correcting the opinion of the person who doesn't is mainstream.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    This person just gave her opinion, like many other people previously. Very few people correct the opinion of the people who slam 1D, but it seems correcting the opinion of the person who doesn't is mainstream.

I wasn't correcting anyone, I also gave MY opinion, simple as that. This wasn't only about 1D, I was saying how in general people think someone is hated because of jealousy which is just the easiest thing to assume. I for example hate Woody Allen, but I'm definitely not jealous of him, I just hate his acting.

I mean, who is correcting anyone here? We simply disagree with the opinion, nobody said anything rude, we agree to disagree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a trend to hate them like why people hate justin bieber they say it to keep up with the crowd.I don't like them because not all of them are talented Harry carry's the entire group the star of the show the rest besides Nial and Zayn are easily replaced Louis audition for the x factor was truly dire.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a trend to hate them like why people hate justin bieber they say it to keep up with the crowd.I don't like them because not all of them are talented Harry carry's the entire group the star of the show the rest besides Nial and Zayn are easily replaced Louis audition for the x factor was truly dire.

People hate Justin Bieber because he is a complete moron !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Nobody is jealous on stars who are talented and earn lots of money. But 1 D are not talented and earn lots of money and people don't appreciate that. 1 D are the Kardashians of the music business. And they are both disliked for the same reason. And people are completely right.
    Forum Member
    People hate Justin Bieber because he is a complete moron !!

Justin Bieber is the same, I have never heard his music on the radio and my radio plays everything that is in the US or UK charts. Only little girls like him and buy his shitty music. He is never in the press for his music just for his bad behaviour, hair etc. Justin Bieber or 1D just have no right to be called musicians because they are not.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,141
    Forum Member
    Justin Bieber is the same, I have never heard his music on the radio and my radio plays everything that is in the US or UK charts. Only little girls like him and buy his shitty music. He is never in the press for his music just for his bad behaviour, hair etc. Justin Bieber or 1D just have no right to be called musicians because they are not.

Do you have a secret crush on one of them or something?

You spend an awful amount of time slating them, and it's getting tedious.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if your account is operated by a robot. :confused:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Nobody is jealous on stars who are talented and earn lots of money. But 1 D are not talented and earn lots of money and people don't appreciate that. 1 D are the Kardashians of the music business. And they are both disliked for the same reason. And people are completely right.

I can't stand the Kardashians. What exactly do they do? They're famous for being famous and that's all. I don't think they have any discernable (sp?) talents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the Kardashians. What exactly do they do? They're famous for being famous and that's all. I don't think they have any discernable (sp?) talents.

How were they famous again?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    fkinhell wrote: »
    How were they famous again?

That's what I want to know too. I read somewhere their father was involved in the OJ Simpson trial and I read another story about a sex tape, but I could be wrong. I don't follow them and I can't stand them.
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Well I'm not going to read 39 pages so I don't know what's been said already, but for me, I have nothing against them personally. Boybands aren't my thing but they seem like nice guys, they have decent enough voices and from what I saw on X Factor they have genuine aspirations to be singers. What annoys me is the whole machine behind them. They came 3rd yet they were obviously given much more attention and money invested because they were Cowell's pet project. They get people to spend money voting but it doesn't matter a jot who wins.
    Forum Member
    Linseyap wrote: »
    Well I'm not going to read 39 pages so I don't know what's been said already, but for me, I have nothing against them personally. Boybands aren't my thing but they seem like nice guys, they have decent enough voices and from what I saw on X Factor they have genuine aspirations to be singers. What annoys me is the whole machine behind them. They came 3rd yet they were obviously given much more attention and money invested because they were Cowell's pet project. They get people to spend money voting but it doesn't matter a jot who wins.

He is only in the business - I'm reluctant so say music business - because he wants fame and money. He knows shite and gives a shite about music, but that doesn't bother him as long as he sells "music" and grandmas etc. He would even sell his kids if he had one to make money.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel sorry for them
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is only in the business - I'm reluctant so say music business - because he wants fame and money. He knows shite and gives a shite about music, but that doesn't bother him as long as he sells "music" and grandmas etc. He would even sell his kids if he had one to make money.

Well he is getting one soon so let's see if you are correct or talking bollox as usual :D