Options

Due to technical difficulties ?

SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When tuning to BBC 1 and 2 HD this afternoon I keep getting a message pop up that says something like "Due to technical difficulties the service you require is not available at the moment" with a yellow button and pressing the yellow button on the remote clears the screen but the pop up pops back a few seconds later.

Anyone else gets this. I'm on Ilchester Crescent, Mendip relay in Bristol.

Comments

• Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    I got that when watching Hairy Bikers and was also on BBC2 HD. Switched to BBC channel 1 which is okay.

I'm on Winter Hill so it can't be a transmitter fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diablo wrote: »
    I got that when watching Hairy Bikers and was also on BBC2 HD. Switched to BBC channel 1 which is okay.

I'm on Winter Hill so it can't be a transmitter fault.

Just looking into this problem a bit more and checking out my other equipment and it appears to me it’s only affecting the BBC HD channels as you’ve pointed out.

None of my SD TV’s are affected only my two HD TV’s and my HD PVR however tuning to the SD versions of these channels on my HD TV and they are fine too so definitely a BBC HD problem.

ITV HD and CH4 HD are fine.

BTW This problem has occurred several times in the past few years and a retune fixes the problem however that did not work with this problem.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only time I've seen that sort of message is when a regional opt-out is happening, eg the local news. Never seen it during a national broadcast. But the caption also tells you to retune to the SD channel to view the programme which I'm guessing this message doesn't?
  • Options
    aciddadaciddad Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Also on Waltham, just BBC1/2 HD as reported.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    They'll be putting up some Red Button functionality for the summer events. It's the standard message that comes up when something is not right when the BBC's MHEG app launches. Either they've programmed something wrong, or your receiver has some old data in memory which is causing the MHEG5 to put up this screen.

No problem in Scotland though
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or off CP now...

When you are changing a carousel there will,always be a time where there can be a difference in referencing some variables ....

If you are adding or changing a service reference it cannot be resolved by the decoder so there is a error ... Most others sort themselves out after one or may be two cycles
  • Options
    aciddadaciddad Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Clear on Waltham.

edit:- just spotted I reached 100!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also OK here now.
  • Options
    WeightyWeighty Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    AngusMast wrote: »
    They'll be putting up some Red Button functionality for the summer events. It's the standard message that comes up when something is not right when the BBC's MHEG app launches. Either they've programmed something wrong, or your receiver has some old data in memory which is causing the MHEG5 to put up this screen.

No problem in Scotland though

Sorry I'm a bit late catching up with this thread, but I had this problem in Scotland at around 4pm on BBC1 Scotland HD from Craigkelly transmitter. Seemed OK on BBC2 HD.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you Youview then they are looking into the minor fault.

Darren
  • Options
    tweenietweenie Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been seeing this message recently on a PVR when trying to access Teletext(BBC1 SD) with the text button. If a re-try doesn't work I usually end up using the red button instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I regularly get the technical difficulties message on the red button in SD. I put it down to having a Philips TV.
  • Options
    andyfrasandyfras Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I'm currently getting this message on my LG TV when selecting BBC1 HD or BBC2 HD. I've retuned, but it's still there. Yellow button clears it until the next channel change.

I've just reported it as a technical fault via the BBC website.