Options

Anyone else really liking Mel

OldnboldOldnbold Posts: 1,318
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I couldn't abide her in Spice Girls ( then again I didn't like any of them ), but I think she is bloody good fun, and she cracked me up on Jonathan Ross. I have totally changed my opinion about her.

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really love her, she's been on fire especially the live shows, its refreshing to have a female judge like her.
  • Options
    Dicey RileyDicey Riley Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Not a fan but she calls it as it is and also seems to be saying what we're saying at home.

Also is there a possibility that I'm hearing something different at home than they do at the studio - a lot of the singing was off key and out of time
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be boring if all the judges said " you were great" or words to that effect. At least Mel tells it like it is. Her broad accent makes it seem worse. I would have thought living in L.A. would have changed that. Jack lives in Leeds and he's not that rough. Still think she's a good addition to the panel. They really need to get rid of Louis. He says the same lines every year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my wife love her, she can be abrasive but she is honest and straightforward.
    Louis was Louis, I am thinking of monitoring how many of his cliches he gets through next week and what acts get which ones, last night a load of them seemed to get same-ish responses.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on point all night last night. Cowell attacking her over the Fleur comment was ridiculous - she was only pointing out, quite rightly, that you could clearly see Fleur dubbing over pre-recorded vocals during the chorus and couldn't hear her own voice enough over the backing track. I said the same thing to my oh at the time.

I have a feeling she goes off script too much for Simon's liking.
  • Options
    LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her. She's straightforward and to the point and doesn't mince her words. I much prefer her to Kermit.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weren't people calling her the devil a few years ago? What happened?
  • Options
    endersandoaksendersandoaks Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    I think she has been the best judge so far. Been very honest with her feedback in the live shows. She is actually one of the main reasons I've carried on watching the show.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked her until that stupid "be a man" comment.
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    I think Simon is shitting a brick, because she called into to question the `loudness` of backing tracks that drown out the real vocals :D
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her! Always have she brings the spice to the panel and really livens the show up!
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    I have not watched for a few years but I've watched the 2 live shows this series and I find Mel to be a great judge best since Dannii now if only Simon would realise that the lovely Cheryl is not the nations sweetheart and bring back Dannii the panel would have been perfect.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Yeah don't mind her at all, maybe like Dannii Cheryl makes the other female more likeable lol

Then again Cheryl has her nose so far up Simons butt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Mel is a breath of fresh air. She was great on Radio 1 the other day, when she kept saying 'friggin' to piss off Greg James after she rightly pointed it out that's not an offensive word. I like how she's not as PC as the others.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Why does she shout all the time?
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love her too. Gobby, opinionated and not afraid of Simon at all. A loose cannon really. Found it hilarious when she told Ben to "man up". When Cheryl argues with Simon she always looks devastated afterwards - whilst Mel looks like she couldn't give a monkeys!
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her use of the word "cheating" was both inaccurate and very careless. Simon was right to call her out on it.

Plus, her comment about Ben needing to "man up" was unnecessary. It was just a VT, where they always dramatise the contestants' problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    I really liked her until that stupid "be a man" comment.

Why? it was good advice what Mel said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Why does she shout all the time?

Because of the audience screaming.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? it was good advice what Mel said.

It was daft. I don't believe for one moment that she doesn't know that they get asked how they are doing and that there would have been lots of footage recorded of them al through the week with the editors choosing what to broadcast. Of course he mentioned not being well as it was part of his experience that week. He didn't over play it. It was just stuff that happened to him that he, of course, mentioned. He did "get over it" and get on with it. I also don'y believe that if she was ill in the week before a career critical gig, that she wouldn't have mentioned it if asked how she was.