Options

Just got myself a Vita any Tips ?

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
Hi guys I picked myself up a Vita today for £140 with two games Little Big Planet and Tearaway And i got a 90 day PSN plus so any ideas what to get for it :)

Comments

• Options
    NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a BIG memory card!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    a BIG memory card!

Got a 16gig…for now ;-)
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I don't know what you've got on your Download list with PS+.

The best Vita title according to metacritic is Persona 4 Golden
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/persona-4-golden/cid=EP1063-PCSB00245_00-PERSONA4GOLDEN01

Also another game worth playing in privacy on a portable console would be: Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/atelier-totori-plus-the-adventurer-of-arland/cid=EP4108-PCSB00291_00-APP0000000000000

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sly Cooper Thieves in Time has been one of my favourite non-PS+ games of the last year. It's cross-buy too if you find a cheap copy for PS3 (assuming you have one).
  • Options
    ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    Just like to add, maybe look out for 12 deals of Xmas deals for Vita titles.

A lot of good titles just seem a bit on the expensive side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks guys I just downloaded uncharted i played it before on my mates and enjoyed it and downloaded Gravity rush just now
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayman Legends is 11.99 on the store until Monday, 10.79 for PS+ subscribers.

That was too tempting for me to pass up!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Stardust Delta. A truly addictive game.
  • Options
    lalalandlalaland Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll second the big memory card. It's frustrating to see all the games each month on the PS Plus subscription that you can't play because your memory card is full.

Annoyingly the cards are expensive compared to similar capacities on other forms of memory card and they appear to hold their value.

Take a look at Playstation Allstars Battle Royale. Lots of fun beat 'em up with many Sony characters.

Also don't be afraid to pick up used games if they are priced right. The cartridges don't suffer use as much as DVDs or Bluerays on other formats. You can normally get a decent quality game for a fraction of the new price.

And take a look on the PSN for PSP games. They play well on the Vita, even if the graphics aren't as good as Vita games. Classics like Tekken and Soul Calibre are well worth a look and take up little space on the memory card too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lalaland wrote: »
    I'll second the big memory card. It's frustrating to see all the games each month on the PS Plus subscription that you can't play because your memory card is full.

Annoyingly the cards are expensive compared to similar capacities on other forms of memory card and they appear to hold their value.

Take a look at Playstation Allstars Battle Royale. Lots of fun beat 'em up with many Sony characters.

Also don't be afraid to pick up used games if they are priced right. The cartridges don't suffer use as much as DVDs or Bluerays on other formats. You can normally get a decent quality game for a fraction of the new price.

And take a look on the PSN for PSP games. They play well on the Vita, even if the graphics aren't as good as Vita games. Classics like Tekken and Soul Calibre are well worth a look and take up little space on the memory card too.

well i downloaded resident Evil 3 the other day and love playing it on the Vita :D I went into CEX the other day but they had no VITA games on sale when they did have some the other week so was gutted as i wanted to get MGS collection on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    well i downloaded resident Evil 3 the other day and love playing it on the Vita :D I went into CEX the other day but they had no VITA games on sale when they did have some the other week so was gutted as i wanted to get MGS collection on it.

The Vita's popularity has increased recently thanks to the PS4. As a result, people are hunting down second hand games.

It looked like it was going to be a handheld to fade out over the next year or two, but the cross play games, remote play features and Gaikai have all made it a very attractive handheld.

I picked my 3G model up, new, for £100 from a closing Blockbuster store and I'm glad I did. Remote play is great and the main reason I bought it, but I've since found that many of the Vita games make it worth playing on it's own. I love tearaway for example, it's fun.

As for Gaikai, if Sony's suggestion of streaming PS1, PS2 and PS3 games from their servers straight to your Vita comes off in 2014 it will be very interesting. I'd quite enjoy GTA5 running on my Vita while out and about :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When the games become available, add to your PSN basket and checkout, completing the purchase. You can then cancel out before hitting the download button.

The game will now be available for you to grab from your download list as long as you have a PS+ subscription, even after it's gone off the Instant Game Collection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Vita's popularity has increased recently thanks to the PS4. As a result, people are hunting down second hand games.

It looked like it was going to be a handheld to fade out over the next year or two, but the cross play games, remote play features and Gaikai have all made it a very attractive handheld.

I picked my 3G model up, new, for £100 from a closing Blockbuster store and I'm glad I did. Remote play is great and the main reason I bought it, but I've since found that many of the Vita games make it worth playing on it's own. I love tearaway for example, it's fun.

As for Gaikai, if Sony's suggestion of streaming PS1, PS2 and PS3 games from their servers straight to your Vita comes off in 2014 it will be very interesting. I'd quite enjoy GTA5 running on my Vita while out and about :)

Hopefully Gaikai works well over here though :( I heard you need to have really good internet and I'm with Sky and they are ok but they are so slow with downloads and even though i have unlimited downloads its so annoying. I even put my Vita next to my Box and it still took ages :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Hopefully Gaikai works well over here though :( I heard you need to have really good internet and I'm with Sky and they are ok but they are so slow with downloads and even though i have unlimited downloads its so annoying. I even put my Vita next to my Box and it still took ages :(

You can sustain HD video with a relatively small DL speed, it's going to be the ping speed which determines how well Gaikai works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the games become available, add to your PSN basket and checkout, completing the purchase. You can then cancel out before hitting the download button.

The game will now be available for you to grab from your download list as long as you have a PS+ subscription, even after it's gone off the Instant Game Collection.
    Already do that and have a big collection already :)