The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Goooooooood Morning Vietnam! It's 0600 hrs. What does the "O" stand for?
    Oh my God, it's early!

Sums up how I feel most mornings. :D

How sad that he generously helped out a friend in need and if reports are true was now facing bankruptcy. :(

There are some wonderful tributes from all around the world. I always think it's terribly sad that the person that's passed never sees them. I hope he knew what joy and laughter he brought to so many people. :)

Morning Lena

0 is the 24 hr clock - I have used it since I started studying science - for experiments. Don't know who brought it in but it is used to avoid confusion with 12 noon and 12 midnight - I think.

I admired Robin Williams and so sad to hear he took his own life. Dreadful. I loved Lauren Bacall too - she had a terrific sense of humour from interviews I remember. May they both rest in peace.
    Forum Member
    Morning all -

Just had quite a heavy rain shower, had to run upstairs and close all the windows!!!

Have a great day ahead. Have to return one pair of the track trousers - and the lovely jacket I bought my husband - too small!!!!!!!! Am treating myself to a taxi as I have to carry the jacket and the bag of trousers - and my umbrella. Then off to the dentist and then off to see a friend for lunch. Then home to do laundry and ironing - oh joy!

You could be right about John augusta - he may have gone back to Oz or he could still be here. Having bulked up (a bit too much imo), no one may recognize him. I would love to see a picture though. Perhaps we can get georgy to scan the cricket crowd today and tomorrow.

Well, best go. Need to get o/h organized and make the beds before I depart.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    morning all...day 2 of trademan heaven. !!

hopefully everything will end up being fixed properly. its strange isn't it having to cope with people almost talking a foreign language to me. I know nothing at all about gas fixtures and fittings and just have to trust that the engineers know what they are doing!!

so im also trying to defrost the freezer and clear out the airing cupboard. !!! I thought I was meant to be on holiday...:-D
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon, the Red Arrows have just roared over the house :o
    Four days of Airbourne have begun. :D
    They're just doing there acrobatics over the bay, always looks spectacular. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    evening all....a lazy day gardening...and waiting for tradesmen.

and sitting with daughter no 1 watching Orange is the new black. I think I like this series

I think it sounds as if John has gone back to oz without coming to visit us :-( never mind maybe next time.

What makes you think that augusta? Have you seen something on twitter? Did he not even come to the UK? :confused::confused:
    The UK was on his itinerary. :confused:

Tradesman......I hope you have better luck than we did. Discovered last night that the mains stopcock has been dripping, presumably since the plumber turned it back on ten days ago! We've had to clean up the cupboard and dry out all the stuff stored in there. We now have a plastic tub under the tap collecting the drip! >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning Lena

0 is the 24 hr clock - I have used it since I started studying science - for experiments. Don't know who brought it in but it is used to avoid confusion with 12 noon and 12 midnight - I think.

I admired Robin Williams and so sad to hear he took his own life. Dreadful. I loved Lauren Bacall too - she had a terrific sense of humour from interviews I remember. May they both rest in peace.

:D:D The "What's the O stand for" was a quote from Good Morning Vietnam. ;-):D

Was sorry to hear of the death of Lauren Bacall too. She always looked so refined and sophisticated.
    Forum Member
    hello everyone.............for once I think I actually like my birthday ........

it was chaotic this morning....at last after numerous delays the gas fire got fitted, and we went out for lunch.

I saw a message on fb saying that John had had to go back to Oz, but hopefully he will be able to come over and visit at another time????

who knows maybe it was a double bluff? Just off out in a minute to get a take away, and then a trip to Harry Potter world tomorrow...:-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday Augusta. :)
    Hope you enjoyed your day and that you have a great time at Harry Potter World. :D

Good to hear your fire got fitted, you may be needing it soon. :(
    I was positively chilly last night (I put socks on!) and despite bright sunshine today there's an icy blast when you're in the shade. :o
    O/h and I both woke up cold this morning, seems 4.5 tog is not enough in an English summer. :( Trouble is our 10.5 tog will be far too much, looks like a trip to the shop is called for - I've tracked down a 7 tog. :blush:
    Come on weather, it's flipping August, it's supposed to be summer.

Now my very British o/h is saying he thinks we should move somewhere warm - if only it was that easy. :confused:

How strange about John. I wonder if he was having such a good time in Cyprus that he ran out of time? :confused:
    Forum Member
    morning all

Harry Potter experience in North London, with the sets and everything is absolutely wonderful. we all had a great day out. looking at all the props and sets, and going on a broomstick against a green screen. Hilarious. if you get a chance to go, you need to do it

and Helen won BB.....that is quite surprising!!! I really didn't expect her to win
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Absolutely pooped. Went to visit friends in South London - didn't get home until 1 am so I am going back to bed shortly.

I was looking forward to watching Cricket and Athletics. Really raining so guess cricket is off!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Dare I mention meeting up for Christmas? Some time in November?

Let me know what you think by PM.

Back later - off to Oxford tomorrow so may not be back until Tuesday - aching from my Pilates Class!
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good Evening

hope all are good, will read back in a minute,
    to check for myself :D

been sick, took myself of to bed, feeling ok now

missing lindy more today, because it the start of the football season,
    and Liverpool won, did not play great, but a win is a win :D
    but i hope she is pleased :D

and what can i say about the cricket, well just brilliant...... well done England :D

not so happy about the BB result, it seems if you are a rude, brash,unpleasant ,bullying
    type of person, you can now win bb :confused: great shame really :(

well that will teach me, shouldn't of watched it :p

going to read back now
    love georgy x
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Absolutely pooped. Went to visit friends in South London - didn't get home until 1 am so I am going back to bed shortly.

I was looking forward to watching Cricket and Athletics. Really raining so guess cricket is off!

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Dare I mention meeting up for Christmas? Some time in November?

Let me know what you think by PM.

Back later - off to Oxford tomorrow so may not be back until Tuesday - aching from my Pilates Class!

love to meet up, bloody rain washed us out last year :D

lets hope for better luck this year :D
    Forum Member
    morning all

Harry Potter experience in North London, with the sets and everything is absolutely wonderful. we all had a great day out. looking at all the props and sets, and going on a broomstick against a green screen. Hilarious. if you get a chance to go, you need to do it

and Helen won BB.....that is quite surprising!!! I really didn't expect her to win

i was rather sad about this, it a sort of , a validation that you can behave appallingly and
    get rewarded :confused:

the Harry Potter experience sounds fun
    glad you had a wonderful time :D
    Forum Member
    hello everyone.............for once I think I actually like my birthday ........

it was chaotic this morning....at last after numerous delays the gas fire got fitted, and we went out for lunch.

I saw a message on fb saying that John had had to go back to Oz, but hopefully he will be able to come over and visit at another time????

who knows maybe it was a double bluff? Just off out in a minute to get a take away, and then a trip to Harry Potter world tomorrow...:-D

So sorry i missed your Birthday
    Hope you had a wonderful day
    and all that you wished for
    love J xxxx
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Good afternoon, the Red Arrows have just roared over the house :o
    Four days of Airbourne have begun. :D
    They're just doing there acrobatics over the bay, always looks spectacular. :cool:

Wow that sound wonderful Lena
    i would of loved to of seen that
    lucky you x :D
    Forum Member
    Good Morning all

not sure what i,m doing up this early
    but what the hell :D

need to catch up with a few jobs, and i shall go and find some
    breakfast :D

hope all have a good day
    and are doing more fun things than me :p

xxx
    Forum Member
    evening everyone..

I love the idea of a meet up....lets go for it this year.
    Forum Member
    just back from aquaaerobics, and giving lifts to daughters......

the kitchen renovations are still ongoing....

who is going into CBB this year then?
    Forum Member
    I guess public transport and I are not meant to have a happy relationship! Just took me 4 hours to get home from Oxford. The first part of the journey was a dawdle but the 'local' train I had to take (a 6 minute journey) took almost 3 1/2 hours! Needless to say a stiff complaints letter to First Great Western will be winging its way shortly.

So sorry you have been ill georgy. No fun! Hope you are feeling better.

So glad that Harry Potter was good. I really want to go but o/h wasn't keen.

Good for you augusta to find out about John. Hope he is able to come back soon.

Have a good evening all. . .
    Forum Member
    Morning all. Off in a minute to catch the bus to go the gym. Have put some washing on and stripped the bed. Housework day today- oh joy.

I was terrible last night - swapped between New Tricks and CBB. Don't understand how they can possibly call it 'celebrity' - the only celebrities were Claire, Audley, Gary Busey - who hasn't done anything in a while and the boxing promotor who is changing sex. The chap from Will and Grace appeared only infrequently. What a disappointment. Don't think I will be watching it.

Beautiful morning!

Have a lovely day everyone - perhaps we will hear something of John soon.
    Forum Member
    so you too are slightly bemused by the 'celebrities' who have gone into BB this time round!!

me to.......I spose some of them do have a hint of scandal attached to them, but I don't think I would recognise half of them if it wasn't for the Sun!

A non entity from gogglebox and someone who happened to live in a road filmed by C4. And an ex boxing promoter who I didn't know as either a man or a woman!!
    Forum Member
    just back from aquaaerobics, and giving lifts to daughters......

the kitchen renovations are still ongoing....

who is going into CBB this year then?

The water aqua aerobics sounds ....... great fun
    i,ve heard that is very gentle on joints
    but is a great form of exercise

how long until the kitchen is done, are we talking days.... weeks...... or months :o:D

How rude sorry should of started with good morning to all,
    will include another one, when i post my news :blush::D
    Forum Member
    I guess public transport and I are not meant to have a happy relationship! Just took me 4 hours to get home from Oxford. The first part of the journey was a dawdle but the 'local' train I had to take (a 6 minute journey) took almost 3 1/2 hours! Needless to say a stiff complaints letter to First Great Western will be winging its way shortly.

So sorry you have been ill georgy. No fun! Hope you are feeling better.

So glad that Harry Potter was good. I really want to go but o/h wasn't keen.

Good for you augusta to find out about John. Hope he is able to come back soon.

Have a good evening all. . .

WHY Nyannie :o
    did they give you a reason :(
    Forum Member
    we went singing last night....its great fun, and actually something that both me and my OH can do together............we need a bit of light relief and time away from kitchen renovations!!
    Forum Member
    So Good Morning all

I also watched CBB, all i can say is what a odd mixed bunch ...... hmmm
    think i might give it a watch, and see how i go. Still feel a little
    exhausted by the last one :blush::D

So this morning as my son left for work, he shout out, by the way, I'm going
    to bring my new girlfriend around tonight. He has been seeing her for a few months,
    so i,m all nervous this is our first meeting. I've only met one girlfriend before, he only introduces them if he is quite serious .

So ...... i,m now in a panic cleaning mode :D
    hope she likes us........ and doesn't happen to walk into a random
    cobweb :D lol

Have a good day xxx