Options

How did you come up with your username?

Comments

• Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big West Ham fan and Teddy Sheringham so when he eventually came to us, was when I started using the net and messageboards:blush:
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wish I didn't have mine :blush:
  • Options
    Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of irony in my name.

I'll let you make up your own mind over which part is ironic.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in horse racing in the 80's, Wearthefoxhat was a banned racehorse name, it sounds too simmilar to 'where the fux's that?', was going to use 'Norfolk Enchants' or 'Oil Beef Hooked'.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's my, new, general online ID. Many slight variations but all on the same DC theme.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Wrestling, so I chose the name Steveaustin316, The 316 is a reference to a famous promo by Steve Austin back in 1996 (If you are a wrestling fan, you will know which one I mean).
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I am a really big fan of the legend of Zelda video game series so my user name "zelda fan" is self explanatory.:p
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bad experience I had when I was 17 :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.
    It was really just my annoying brother's name for me. My name is Vicky..that became bicky..that became biscuit...that became biscuit factory.
    Obvious, isn't it? :D

LOL :D I love your brother.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member

What did the beaver do to you?:o....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    What did the beaver do to you?:o....:D

It made me dry heave.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan of The Mentalist, so with a giant imaginative leap I chose the name of one of the characters from the show.
  • Options
    alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After a diesel locomotive, which in turn, was named after a racehorse.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A song from 40 odd years ago by one of my favourite singers.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish I didn't have mine :blush:

LOL

:D

I was listening to some music when I signed up.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A song from 40 odd years ago by one of my favourite singers.

George, Bungle, or Zippy ? :p:D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching the comedy Bread on the telly as I was registering on here, and I was laughing at something Joey Boswell had said to divvy Billy Boswell - Easy. :)
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a username in mind but it was already taken so I tried others and they were taken too. My mind went blank and I just ended up typing Miss then I was thinking "what the hell shall I put?!" and I just went with XYZ because of the kind of anonymity aspect of it and how people often say xyz when they're talking about something non specific. I wish I'd thought of a better one, though I have since joined other forums and my usernames on those is probably even more rubbish!

I remember last year a former DS member was convinced I'm a trucker called Dave, the reason being that my username has an x in it - he assumed (wrongly) that it was a kind of sexual username to try and fool people into thinking I'm female. I remember him warning someone to be wary when talking to me because I'm probably a man! I think I won him round in the end though because he did eventually accept and believe that I am actually female lol :D He's banned now but if he's reading this then I'm sure he'll recognise himself! *waves* :D
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Mine is obvious, it was for my beautiful yellow labrador who sadly is no longer with us. I will never change my username.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Wrestling, so I chose the name Steveaustin316, The 316 is a reference to a famous promo by Steve Austin back in 1996 (If you are a wrestling fan, you will know which one I mean).

Seems Google knows who you must mean.
    Colonel Steve Austin (The Six Million Dollar (Bionic) Man doesn't get a mention until page 3 of search results.

THIS IS A TRAVESTY. Our heritage is being modified by digital bots and crawlers.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?pws=0&gl=uk&q=steve+austin&gws_rd=ssl
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George, Bungle, or Zippy ? :p:D

Hahaha no !

This one.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I had a username in mind but it was already taken so I tried others and they were taken too. My mind went blank and I just ended up typing Miss then I was thinking "what the hell shall I put?!" and I just went with XYZ because of the kind of anonymity aspect of it and how people often say xyz when they're talking about something non specific. I wish I'd thought of a better one, though I have since joined other forums and my usernames on those is probably even more rubbish!

I remember last year a former DS member was convinced I'm a trucker called Dave, the reason being that my username has an x in it - he assumed (wrongly) that it was a kind of sexual username to try and fool people into thinking I'm female. I remember him warning someone to be wary when talking to me because I'm probably a man! I think I won him round in the end though because he did eventually accept and believe that I am actually female lol :D He's banned now but if he's reading this then I'm sure he'll recognise himself! *waves* :D

Does it matter if people think your male/female on forums?
  • Options
    fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickname from my real name
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is obvious, it was for my beautiful yellow labrador who sadly is no longer with us. I will never change my username.

Oh that is sad but a very good reason.

With mine I tried to use the name I use elsewhere, but it was taken already so I just added woo on the end. Sounds a bit silly really but don't think I'll change it.:blush:
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Does it matter if people think your male/female on forums?

No, not in the grand scheme of things though it was obviously irritating if I posted something which indicated I'm female then this person would make remarks about me probably not being female at all. But it became a bit of a running joke and he was known for suspecting other posters were "male truckers" too.