Options

Oscar Pistorius Trial (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nel has made it clear that prison has facilities suitable for the disabled but has he done enough to stress the high degree of negligence in OP's crime? Apparently, with CH, the degree of negligence plays a part in the sentence given. Clearly, picking up a gun and firing FOUR shots through a locked door is pretty extreme negligence. Not sure Nel got that across.

I feel he has and going by many of the comments online I think the message has got through - whether the Judge sees it in the same light we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Its total nonsense what Roux is pushing for. IMO

I have to agree. Oscar needs to do some prison time. He cannot simply just walk away. House arrest is nothing but a slap on the wrist. How does that give any justice to Reeva's family? I mean nothing ever really will, as it can't bring Reeva back, but it's getting silly now, as Oscar is being made to look like the victim and its all about catering for his needs. Sure he is disabled but he still committed a crime and took a life.
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »
    Well I may have this wrong, as I had the live stream in the background playing. There was a South African news reporter saying something like they will wrap up tomorrow, but the sentence will be delivered in 3 weeks time so back sometime early November.

Can anyone verify this? I was half listening whilst cleaning up in the kitchen. Are they going to drag this out a little longer? I suppose the ratings are doing well, so why not! :p

Oh gawd, noooooooooooooooo :o
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose he could push Aimee forward to fight on his behalf should the knuckleheads start.

We'll we know where protecting Reeva got her so I'm not sure gallantry is his forte.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, and I think we can agree that this is why the trial should never have been televised.

Will be interesting to see how often the cameras are used in future cases after this one finishes.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Dear oh dear, looks as though 'ickle Oscar isn't going to be safe anywhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2795155/reeva-steenkamp-s-cousin-plea-jail-term-oscar-pistorius.html

Surely the General should have kept his evil plan quiet? Unless it's all been made up of course...
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    I have to agree. Oscar needs to do some prison time. He cannot simply just walk away. House arrest is nothing but a slap on the wrist. How does that give any justice to Reeva's family? I mean nothing ever really will, as it can't bring Reeva back, but it's getting silly now, as Oscar is being made to look like the victim and its all about catering for his needs. Sure he is disabled but he still committed a crime and took a life.

His disability status, changes like the wind, depending on who is looking or listening. >:(

He is a killer, lock him up.
  • Options
    Imogen_RichardsImogen_Richards Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I feel he has and going by many of the comments online I think the message has got through - whether the Judge sees it in the same light we'll have to wait and see.

I hope you're right and that the message gets through to Masipa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His disability status, changes like the wind, depending on who is looking or listening. >:(

He is a killer, lock him up.

OT: Wonder how he'd fare with ATOS in the UK ;-)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Will be interesting to see how often the cameras are used in future cases after this one finishes.

No-one will be interested in other cases though unless they're very high profile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    Surely the General should have kept his evil plan quiet? Unless it's all been made up of course...

Roux quoting bollox from a newspaper article shock horror. Even for him it was a cheap shot when he ran out of arguments for not Inpriosoning him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you're right and that the message gets through to Masipa.

it must be a total headache for all concerned...not harsh enough sentence and there could be a backlash and vice versa ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    He will never be housed with this category of prisoner and Roux knows it. Trust the DM to grab this sensational rubbish and run with it. He is more at risk with the knuckle heads who were in court if he dosnt go to prison.

Agree with this. Prison is looking the safer option for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one will be interested in other cases though unless they're very high profile.

Judging by the fall-out from this case I doubt even a future high profile case would get aired :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the fall-out from this case I doubt even a future high profile case would get aired :)

Well they haven't televised the Dewani case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll if he does manage to get community service surely that proves that there was no adverse affect on the trial from it being televised ? Or does the adverse effect only work if he goes to prison ? I'm confused by the argument .
  • Options
    Jean_KellyJean_Kelly Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Well I may have this wrong, as I had the live stream in the background playing. There was a South African news reporter saying something like they will wrap up tomorrow, but the sentence will be delivered in 3 weeks time so back sometime early November.

Can anyone verify this? I was half listening whilst cleaning up in the kitchen. Are they going to drag this out a little longer? I suppose the ratings are doing well, so why not! :p

I can verify this. Said it earlier in one of my posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they haven't televised the Dewani case.

I'm glad, in a way, as this case has felt like a full time job at times...I wonder if the fact that he's a Brit affected the decision not to televise it?
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    Just watching Roux going on about the baths and the shower doors :confused: WTF is he on about. It's a prison of punishment for killers >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Also he will visit to check for himself :o

Rant over :blush:

Edit. And she thanked Roux for the birthday wishes, it was Nel who said it. Does she know who is who in the court and why she is there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D priceless ... what a d*ck :D:D:D

Would not surprise me if all set up to antagonising. It did not work then, so now the amature dramatics from the "alleged" ownership Miss sweetness and light.

Watching this case and nonsense on net from that family, she is not what she pretends to be and neither does Titanium Hulk poopy pants prince of phone information remover.

Pious outwardly facade preaching family. They do not walk the walk. Its all for show.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I highly doubt he'll go to prison anyway.

I agree. He damned well should, but.....money talks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad, in a way, as this case has felt like a full time job at times...I wonder if the fact that he's a Brit affected the decision not to televise it?

Not sure but I am relieved. Apart from the time, I'm not sure I have the emotional energy left to get so involved in another case.
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    Indeed, and I think we can agree that this is why the trial should never have been televised.

Do you now?

This is the language of politicians......'the people will agree with our policies' etc

Well I would not be so forward as to speak for other people but personally I don't agree :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure but I am relieved. Apart from the time, I'm not sure I have the emotional energy left to get so involved in another case.

Yep, there's that too - never sworn at my screen, or the air, as much as I have. It's been a long few months that's for sure and I will be glad when the sentencing is over and done with. I'd hate to tot up the number of hours I've spent reading up on things and watching vids :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, there's that too - never sworn at my screen, or the air, as much as I have. It's been a long few months that's for sure and I will be glad when the sentencing is over and done with. I'd hate to tot up the number of hours I've spent reading up on things and watching vids :(

Yes, on the plus side I have learned a lot. It has been fascinating in so many ways. There are some brilliant posters on this thread - and some very witty ones.

All I want now is for OP to be taken to prison after he's sentenced rather than driven home to Arnie's mansion.
This discussion has been closed.