Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what caused the big drop in sound levels when Steve was on the phone talking about Oscar Pistorius? It came back up towards the end, but i had to change channel to make sure it wasn't my telly.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's their problem with Not Going Out?! I find it really funny!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »

It`s appalling. Deservedly cancelled and undeservedly brought back. I`d go further than Wrighty and say Lee Mack isn`t remotely amusing outside of NGO either. Plenty of low-brow comedians ruin QI when they go on but he even ruins 8/10 Cats does Countdown as well. He`s just a gag-delivery merchant and with it being so plain to see I can`t understand why anyone would find that funny after even two minutes. The mechanics of it are so obvious it ruins any performance he might be trying (in vain) to give.
  • Options
    ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I wonder what caused the big drop in sound levels when Steve was on the phone talking about Oscar Pistorius? It came back up towards the end, but i had to change channel to make sure it wasn't my telly.

I thought I was having a senior moment.:o:D
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    I'm mesmerised by Steve's ridiculous eyewear this morning. :o:p

He's also got a purple pair and a green pair which we will probably see at some point this week.
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    It`s appalling. Deservedly cancelled and undeservedly brought back. I`d go further than Wrighty and say Lee Mack isn`t remotely amusing outside of NGO either. Plenty of low-brow comedians ruin QI when they go on but he even ruins 8/10 Cats does Countdown as well. He`s just a gag-delivery merchant and with it being so plain to see I can`t understand why anyone would find that funny after even two minutes. The mechanics of it are so obvious it ruins any performance he might be trying (in vain) to give.

Lee Mack is Britain's top ad libber (and quickest on the draw). He's particularly good on the ever entertaining WILTY.

He fully deserved his best British comedian award and was the one funny person to accep his awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Lee Mack is Britain's top ad libber (and quickest on the draw). He's particularly good on the ever entertaining WILTY.

AKA Call My Bluff. He`s an idiot who ruins everything he`s on. If memorising gags and regurgitating them by rote is what makes a good comic then he`d be the king. Fortunately there`s more to it than that as Mack is all too painfully aware.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that One Foot in the Grave is the funniest sitcom ever.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wrighty is like a broken record with his almost daily attacks on David Cameron. Ed must be really proud of him

You must be counting the days until the likes of Dominic Holland, Anthony Worrall Thompson and Carole Malone, return to the panel; they adore Cameron and dislike Miliband as much as you seem to.

Wright has a go at Tony Blair on a regular basis; Ed is hopefully really proud of him for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AKA Call My Bluff. He`s an idiot who ruins everything he`s on. If memorising gags and regurgitating them by rote is what makes a good comic then he`d be the king. Fortunately there`s more to it than that as Mack is all too painfully aware.

It's consistently the most entertaining show on TV and has been for years. With Lee the TOP man on the show.

He is the quickest wit on TV and fully deserves his title of Britain's best comedian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    It's consistently the most entertaining show on TV and has been for years. With Lee the TOP man on the show.

He is the quickest wit on TV and fully deserves his title of Britain's best comedian.

Lee? Is that you.....?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not really sure why that was one of the ones singled out as not funny sitcoms. There are much worse examples out there.

They didn't mention Plebs which is very different and in my opinion is a decent example of a modern sitcom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't agree with that. What makes me like WILTY is Lee Mack's adlibbing. It's his spontaneous asides which I often find to be the funniest highlights of the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee? Is that you.....?

No. Not even his mum. But a "good judge" of comedy.

And I didn't even vote for him.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does nothing for me. I might've watched the first ep, as it looked Pointless-related, but then couldn't be bothered. Since they're still showing the same trailer, and presuming "Lee" can't be on the Pointless set every week, god knows when that episode will be on, but Richard Osman proves he has the comic timing that Lee Mack can only dream of.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow, say what you really think!

Glad some of the other posters share my love for Lee Mack. Much funnier and quick witted than the likes of Steve Furst in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sick man of Europe off again. Does any other presenter miss so many of their own shows?

Hardup - A nice **** you from Wrighty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I actually like Hardeep. One of my favourite presenters
  • Options
    danny_gamerdanny_gamer Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardeep is too painful to watch and makes my skin crawl - Rip Off Britain LIVE it is!
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like Hardeep. One of my favourite presenters

Your post is wrong on so many levels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hardeep is too painful to watch and makes my skin crawl - Rip Off Britain LIVE it is!

The living embodiment of a "cringe" presenter. Not even 2 minutes in and the bad jokes had begun.

Are we supposed to believe Andrew Castle is busy yet again or is Wrighty still paranoid about letting half-way decent stand-ins front the show during his many absences lest it make him look bad by comparison?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Furst just did his Daily Mail voice and nobody laughed. Looks like people don't find it funny anymore.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Your post is wrong on so many levels

Your use of the " wrong on so many levels " cliche is wrong on so many levels.

Even though Hardeep is a Lefty hoodie-hugger and a Scot Nat nazi, he's not without some ethnic charm I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    ....he's not without some ethnic charm I suppose.

Pray tell, what`s that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Your use of the " wrong on so many levels " cliche is wrong on so many levels.

Even though Hardeep is a Lefty hoodie-hugger and a Scot Nat nazi, he's not without some ethnic charm I suppose.

"He's not without some ethnic charm", what in gods name is that supposed to mean? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.