Upcoming Corrie storyline... the scriptwriters seem to have forgotten something....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
Forum Member
A bomb is found in the Peacock's garden soon... BUT does anyone remember a few years ago when Les dug up the back garden when he made a mess of their lawn? He layed grass from the Red Rec because it had all the pitch markings on.

During that time he dug up the grass and the soil, so why wasn't the bomb found then?

Comments

• Vickyb83Vickyb83 Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And also (depending on how far down the bomb is) that house didn't exist until 1989? neither did the garden so unless the bomb has somehow shifted up to the top they would have found it years ago wouldn't they?
    Unless the bomb squad explain why it wasn't found in 1989 or when Les put new grass down (I can't remember that storyline and i have watched Corrie since I was a kid lol)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethereal. wrote:
    A bomb is found in the Peacock's garden soon... BUT does anyone remember a few years ago when Les dug up the back garden when he made a mess of their lawn? He layed grass from the Red Rec because it had all the pitch markings on.

During that time he dug up the grass and the soil, so why wasn't the bomb found then?

It all goes on in the Peacock's garden, didn't Fred fall down an old disused well?
  • Vickyb83Vickyb83 Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LindyLupin wrote:
    It all goes on in the Peacock's garden, didn't Fred fall down an old disused well?

I think that may have been Audrey's because Fred was trying to get her to sell the water that was from the Well. All I can remember is Fred doing that silly dance with Joshua then the next minute it was down a big hole lol
  • GingerMacGingerMac Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fred fell down the well in Audrey's garden if I recall correctly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I no this is off the point but something else the writers havent considered!!

Sonny ( michelles boyfriend) was in corrie a while ago for 2 episodes as Sunitas brother trying to take her back home,, and now hes totally different character,, surely people will recognise him from earlier and what about Dev would he not??

Come on writers you could have someone who has not been in the soap before and not have someone who plays one character then totally different character in the same soap,, you may aswell bring in a new character for Becky perhaps a boy friend and give the part to Brian Capron RICHARD HILLMAN!!
  • pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that was the same actor.
    Forum Member
    Yes it was,, it was on corrie confidential 2day they interviews Sonny and he even said he was in it before playing Sunitas brother..
  • OakiesOakies Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    He did play Jayesh in 2001 for a couple of episodes but that was the only time he played him. I think Jayesh did appear more recently (shortly before Sunita left I think) but he wasn't played by Pal Aron (Sonny) on that occasion.
    Forum Member
    Yes it was on corrie confidential 2day,, the actor who plays Sonny said he once played Sunitas Brother,, now i dont fink he would lie abou that and also on live tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Yes it was on corrie confidential 2day,, the actor who plays Sonny said he once played Sunitas Brother,, now i dont fink he would lie abou that and also on live tv.

Coronation Street Confidential isn't live. It was filmed in January.
    Forum Member
    Sorry mistake on that one then..
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal. wrote:

Digging up turf and a bit of top soil would only need to go down about 2 or 3 inches. A WWII bomb would be a LOT further down than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    pconno1 wrote:
    Digging up turf and a bit of top soil would only need to go down about 2 or 3 inches. A WWII bomb would be a LOT further down than that.

Yeah, but Les made a cock up and I remember him digging deep into the soil and Ashley went mad at him.
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He played Jayesh for those two days. Than when Sunita got married to Dev, Jayesh was plyed by Ace Bhatti.

Anyhow, All Soaps bring back the same actor for a new role later on in the year. Look at Diane Parish and David Spinx.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So presumably the raincoat factory which was on the site before the houses was a new build after WW2 and built on a bomb site - quite possible in this area of Salford / Weatherfield near the docks (now the Quays). I remember loads of these sites when I was young, but I would have thought the bomb would have been found when they built the houses - the foundations, etc.... So, yes, a bit far-fetched...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I've another one to ask!

Does anyone remember Charlie going off with a girl in a pub/club and telling her his name was Jason grimshaw - I'm sure that girl was the one who turned up with baby Holly.

Another mistake or future storyline?
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I no this is off the point but something else the writers havent considered!!

Sonny ( michelles boyfriend) was in corrie a while ago for 2 episodes as Sunitas brother trying to take her back home,, and now hes totally different character,, surely people will recognise him from earlier and what about Dev would he not??
    Come on writers you could have someone who has not been in the soap before and not have someone who plays one character then totally different character in the same soap,, you may aswell bring in a new character for Becky perhaps a boy friend and give the part to Brian Capron RICHARD HILLMAN!!

As a viewer I didn'trecognise him so I am sure many others won't.

As for the characters recognising him - I think they may have managed to work out that the actor is playing different part. ;) :rolleyes:
  • DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brian Capron already played a different character back in the 80s - he was the social worker that came around whenever Rita was fostering a child (I saw the episode where he came to let Jenny Bradley stay at Rita's and he may have been in the episodes where Rita and Len were fostering Sharon Gaskill, though i'm not certain on that).

All soaps are guilty of that at some stage you just have to suspend your disbelief and roll with the punches, its not as bad as when they recast a character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    Ethereal. wrote:
    A bomb is found in the Peacock's garden soon...
    Thought the bomb was found on the red rec :confused:
  • GirlfromEireannGirlfromEireann Posts: 4,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H3l3nr wrote:
    I've another one to ask!

Does anyone remember Charlie going off with a girl in a pub/club and telling her his name was Jason grimshaw - I'm sure that girl was the one who turned up with baby Holly.

Another mistake or future storyline?

Wait and see ;):) if ya know what I mean
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    Plus, all the houses on that site are 'new' so I should think that the builders would have been doing a fair bit of deep digging, as they would have needed to demolish the factory first.
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On reusing the same actor, Corrie has quite a pedigree for it. Isn't there something about Roy Barraclough playing about 5 different parts over the years before playing Alec Gilroy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal. wrote:
    Coronation Street Confidential isn't live. It was filmed in January.
    that doesnt matter reali does it??
  • junglejuicejunglejuice Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on writers you could have someone who has not been in the soap before

Writers write, casting directors cast :)