Options

Tina O'brien leaving The Street... (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Jason will get back with Violet! Then that will bring her back into the forefront of the show and keep Jason with a part!

And maybe if Sarah dies Gail could be left to look after Beth!!

THE SUN LINK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    :o:o:o OMG! WHAT A SHOCK! No, I like Sarah- the Platt family wont be the same just devil boy and mother.

edit- much as i love devil boy :o
  • Options
    davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be fitting if David was to be behind her leaving - the usual situation with Gail not willing to believe how bad he is but he does something which is the final straw for Sarah and she leaves when Gail refuses to accept he's a sicko.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davidnumen wrote:
    I think it'd be fitting if David was to be behind her leaving - the usual situation with Gail not willing to believe how bad he is but he does something which is the final straw for Sarah and she leaves when Gail refuses to accept he's a sicko.

Hope so! Any storyline with David is brillaint... that way I wont mind her leaving so much! :)
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She shouldn't die. Maybe she can just leave normally for once...maybe she decides to get a good job, or go travelling. No more deaths.
  • Options
    lumpbottomlumpbottom Posts: 18,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone actually read the story?
    The link only takes you to a headline as far as I can see.

Tina leaves Corrie .. breathless?.....hairdressers to work with Jason?.....
    could be lots of things, being the Mirror.

I know there's a link to the Sun as well, but I think Hans Christian Andersen ghost writes for them.

If it's true I hope it's because she gets 6 months for justified fratricide.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like her but I really hope they kill her off because she has had a pretty evil life on the street, being part of that family, almost being killed whilst joyriding, being drove into the canal and giving birth at 13. She doesn't deserve a good end :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cannot understand people who slag off the actress? whats that all about :confused: i think shes very good, much better than some others,i will miss her if she goes, shes the only one who can put David in his place thats for sure! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoah Big shock!

She's been in it for so long... shes already been typecast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think she is one of the better ones and perhaps she just does not want to spend the rest of life on the street and wants to go on to do bigger and better dramas
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She better not die,.. no way! It'd just be,.. wrong! Leave the door open for her to return I reckon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sun article says that they are leaving the door open, and The Sun is normally bang on with stuff like this
  • Options
    Jamesessex69Jamesessex69 Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GREAT NEWS.

She stuggles with every line she delivers and sounds like she has had a cold for 5 years or has been putting something up her nose.

And the pics of her in the lads mags are just weird. She looks about 10 still.

Bet she ends up in the Bill.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GREAT NEWS.

She stuggles with every line she delivers and sounds like she has had a cold for 5 years or has been putting something up her nose.

And the pics of her in the lads mags are just weird. She looks about 10 still.

Bet she ends up in the Bill.
    At least she has a top lip, unlike Candice haha
  • Options
    soapmaniasoapmania Posts: 7,452
    Forum Member
    I think she's making a huge mistake if its her choice she is leaving, lets face it she isn't one of the best actors is she? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How do we think she'll go?
    I hope it's something to do with her Devil Brother. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And I suppose (unless she dies) this means little Bethany is off too?
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Why aren't they GRATEFUL for being in Corrie - there are worse things than being in it, like being unemployed or even unemployable - 8 years is A LONG TIME in soapland. She's already typecast IMO.
    Will we ever have another Deirdre/Gail/Emily/Sally type person that stays with it for years and makes it believable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote:
    Why aren't they GRATEFUL for being in Corrie - there are worse things than being in it, like being unemployed or even unemployable - 8 years is A LONG TIME in soapland. She's already typecast IMO.
    Will we ever have another Deirdre/Gail/Emily/Sally type person that stays with it for years and makes it believable

Maybe Eileen will stay in it for ages???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its in the daily record said she took months too make the decision and she will stay for three months after her contract ends in August and frost promises her a good exit storyline
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope its not true :(
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    :):):):)

Happy happy HAPPY JOY JOY JOY!!

I don't blame Tina for quitting I would have years ago with the crappy scenes and rubbish storylines, although on the other hand the character of Sarah was always the writers' little darling since Tina started playing the part, pooor sarah can do no wrong.

I hope sarah leaves under a cloud of shame because everyone sees what a spoilt little tart she really is.

Wonder what will happen to Beth though.

When sarah is gone maybe I can start watching Corrie full time again! :)
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people slag her off? Personally I think she is a brilliant actress.
  • Options
    AidanpAidanp Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Kate Ford, now Tina O'Brien - the scenery around Corrie is going downhill fast ! Like Tracy, we've seen Sarah grow up on the Street and she too has a chequered history so they'll need as big a storyline to see her off. Interesting to see what it'll be.
    Hope neither Kate or Tina fall into the oblivion that seems to have swallowed up the likes of Tracy Shaw.