essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
Forum Member
what did people think of him in corrie thought he was very good myself

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supriseinly i thought that he was fantastic and played his part very emotianly and convincly!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I thought he could not act. It was like they asked a gental old coffin dodger off the street to play the part of Norris' brother.

What a load of crap he was. Annoying he was that crap. Seriously, he must only be able to act a prat and talk in a accent.
  • Options
    Paul NolanPaul Nolan Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    His appearance was a bit of a letdown all in all. They didn't do much with his character which was a great shame.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    i am glad hes gone hope he doesnt come back
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I thought he was excellent. Absolutely ideal in the part of Ramsey, Norris' brother. Wish we could see more of him.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I really liked Ramsey. Apparently I heard...
    Ramsey dies on the plane when going back to Australia and Norris regrets all the bad things he said about him

:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I assume Andrew Sachs has now left the show but could someone answer a query. I watch Corrie but miss the odd episode and I was wondering about the character of Ramsey.

He is the older illegitimate brother of Norris, and was an orphan who was sent to Australia in about 1940. Some years later he returns ( not sure when)to find his mother. Shortly afterwards the mother dies brought on by the shock of her illegitimate son appearing, and Norris blames Ramsey for her death. Is this correct?

Ramsey then goes back to Australia and reappears recently to find Norris who disowns him.

Two things, when and why did the mother die ? and if Ramsey has been in Australia since the age of 5 does he not speak with an Australian accent?
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Andrew Sachs was very, very lucky that the part of Manuel landed in his lap.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was OK but was there much point for the character to be made?
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that the character of Ramsey was wasted. When Frieda came to stay, she thought there was something dodgy about him because he tried too hard to ingratitate himself with everyone. I was expecting that there would be more to his story and that he would possibly be a conman. After all the buildup of Andrew Sachs joining the Street, I felt the storyline had been a bit of a letdown.
  • Options
    fadedfaded Posts: 2,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was far too 'nice' now by all means i know theres some decent blokes but he just didnt seem to have any character depth. they could have had that he was a bit of a bad lad and that was why norris hated him so much or something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was very good but I would have liked to have seen his character develop further
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I have to admit I was utterly disappointed with the end... I thought EE took the cake this year with disappointment with Danielle, but at least there was some connection between the pair in the end before she died.. but Norris never managed to accept Ramsey.

I really wished that Andrew was kept.. I loved him, great actor.. great character.. pity I felt he was wasted...
  • Options
    IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was great in Corrie, but I agree, I think his character storyline was wasted a bit. They could have brought him in as more of a permanent character and have him move into the flat like he planned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was grand, shame it was only temp.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    vaz02 wrote: »
    I thought he was grand, shame it was only temp.

I agree honey.. would rather have seen Norris, bumped off, and Ramsay stay, and marry Emily, and live happily until the grim reaper comes acalling... :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    I agree honey.. would rather have seen Norris, bumped off, and Ramsay stay, and marry Emily, and live happily until the grim reaper comes acalling... :D

Yes definitely agree with you there. :)
  • Options
    CheshireCatkinCheshireCatkin Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    I have been away and missed Corrie. Last night, Norris is arranging his brother's funeral.

What happened then? Last I saw, Ramsay was off to the airport to return to Australia. Please put me out of my misery someone!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was on his way back to Oz on the plane and he had a brain aneurism I thnk. he may have had a tumour though:confused:

Anyway who cares, he only got back on the box after a total sense of humour failure on his behalf, got two of my fave stars in trouble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Couldn't get passed him being Manuel.

More than happy when he bid bon voyage for good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    porshacat wrote: »
    He was on his way back to Oz on the plane and he had a brain aneurism I thnk. he may have had a tumour though:confused:

Anyway who cares, he only got back on the box after a total sense of humour failure on his behalf, got two of my fave stars in trouble.
    they got themselves in trouble he didnt do anything
    get your facts right:mad:
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that he did a good job:)

Ramsey was that popular in Australia, they named a street after him.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I thought that he did a good job:)

Ramsey was that popular in Australia, they named a street after him.:o

lol:)
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Norris's character is to far gone, to even enduce, an ounce of Sympathy from the viewer.. well this viewer anyways.

He's an insipid little man, with no personality, he's bitter twisted and hideously natured.

Please end our suffering, of this horrible character.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was definitely underused when there was all the hype about him joining. Ramsey's being in the programme has made me despise Norris even more!