Options

Your Round Up Of 2010 - Might Be Fun To Look Back On :o)

gemchickengemchicken Posts: 878
Forum Member
✭✭
So, once again, we’re entering a New Year soon and I thought it’d be interesting to hear how 2010 was for you!

Here are 10 short questions…

1. What was the most memorable event of 2010 for you personally?

2. What have you done this year that you feel was a real accomplishment?

3. What do you regret most about this year?

4. Did you stick to your new years resolutions? If so, what were they?

5. What was your favourite song/tv show/book of 2010?

6. Who are you most proud of this year and why? (can be you, a family member/ friend or a famous person!)

7. Did you do anything new or do something for the first time this year?

8. Have you learnt anything new about yourself in 2010?

9. What has your relationship status been like through the year? Did you find that "special someone?"

10. What do you want to do in 2011? What, if any, New Years resolutions will you be making?

Finally.... sum up you year in a few sentences!

It might be fun to look back on this time next year!

Comments

• Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    gemchicken wrote: »

Here are 10 short questions…
    [choppity chop]

1. a weekend that`s best forgotten.

2. survived.

3. i`m struggling with this one.

4. never make them.

5. tv show i discovered, but not new - garth marenghi`s darkplace, song same - so far from your weapon, the dead weather.

6. all of my children and grandchildren, i just am.

7. yeah but that`s nothing new.

8. a fair bit.

9. i`m happy with my status.

10. no resolutions, no hassle.

2010`s been sex, drugs and rock and roll ups.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can sum up the year without the questions.

It snowed, we moaned.

There was a week of warm weather, we moaned.

It snowed, we moaned.

:D
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, that's just too depressing. :(
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I started off the year with sickness and diarroeah, finally started feeling better early evening, ate dry toast while watching Dr Who with the kids. Memorable because it was the losing a couple of pound through being ill that kickstarted me into dieting.

Got off my fat backside, started exercising and eating proper meals. Lost 5st as a result.

Losing my temper too often. I wish I was calm and serene.

See answers one and two!

Peep show

6. Who are you most proud of this year and why? (can be you, a family member/ friend or a famous person!)

My youngest. He's an absolute star!

Took control of myself.

I learned that I do have motivation and will power.

9. What has your relationship status been like through the year? Did you find that "special someone?"

Celebrated 15yrs of marriage, he is my special someone.

10. What do you want to do in 2011? What, if any, New Years resolutions will you be making?

No resolutions as such apart from not putting weight back on.

It's been a good year, no complaints really.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going to Iceland in December and seeing geysers and waterfalls and the Northern Lights. A really pitiful display though!

Getting to Iceland in December, having previously been scared of flying, agoraphobic and failing to get to Iceland in May when I had a panic attack. This time I wasn't scared at all, was excited even, and looked out of the window on the plane rather than closing my eyes and trying to pretend it was a train. :confused:

I regret entering a competition through my Facebook account while my name was set as "Ihaf Nye-Sair", coming in the top 5 in the internet vote and then spending 2 weeks worrying they'd refuse to give me an xbox due to the obviously fake name.

I don't think I had any, but if they were to give up crack then I totally managed that? :confused:

I don't know, I think I've spent the whole year in front of my PC screen??

Me, I rule!

flying, unagoraphobia, eating icecream off my own nipples, etc.

I'm not actually as hopeless as I though. I can also survive cold temperatures.

Single. I found a really dirty internet friend if that counts?

Fanny. Plus other stuff. Starting a degree, maybe doing some work experience, hopefully going on holiday again, designing a garden at a flower show, meeting some internet friends.

Started averagely, stressed about the holiday a lot, had panic attack on the sofa, acquired the nickname BA Baracus because I wasn't getting on no plane, fool, got a refund due to ash cloud stopping the flights anyway. Got dramatically less agoraphobic, found some things to do, found some new friends, finally went on holiday. Also won some cool stuff, including lots of chocolate, lots of gift vouchers, a tool kit, and an xbox which came addressed to Mr Ihaf Nye-Sair.
  • Options
    rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. What was the most memorable event of 2010 for you personally? Went on a family holiday which i havent done for years, it was pretty ok, would have been better if my sister wasn't there

2. What have you done this year that you feel was a real accomplishment? Passed an OU course

3. What do you regret most about this year? Quitting uni - a choice taken out of my hands though.

4. Did you stick to your new years resolutions? If so, what were they? No - lose weight - lost about 2 stone then put it all back on plus a little extra.

5. What was your favourite song/tv show/book of 2010? A guilty pleasure, but i induldged in the Twilight books during a week in Kos, twas surprisingly good!

6. Who are you most proud of this year and why? (can be you, a family member/ friend or a famous person!) - My little niece, because she seems so unaffected and happy despite change and inconsistencies in her life

7. Did you do anything new or do something for the first time this year? Jet skiing, never again!

8. Have you learnt anything new about yourself in 2010? That i have a surprisingly short temper that i cannot quite deal with in a sensible way

9. What has your relationship status been like through the year? Did you find that "special someone?" - Single, single, single, same as every year for the past 6...

10. What do you want to do in 2011? What, if any, New Years resolutions will you be making?No plans and no resolutions, will only end up kicking myself when i dont reach those expectations.

Hard f'ing work, a really trying year mentally both for work and family life.