Options

Which game was better fallout 3 or fallout new vegas?

shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
now i just read an article on euro-gamer about how great new Vegas was and I disagree. i think fallout 3 was better. the world they made was fuller the story was better. you got the sense they were living in a world that was ruined by the war and half the fun was just wandering about exploring and discovering new things. new vegas i found to be very empty most buildings boarded up you couldn't just wander off and explore you had to go round the map in a certain way to get to the strip or you would get wiped out by more powerful enemy's to i didnt think new Vegas was bad it was just fallout not done as well in my option.

which one was your favorite?

which fallout was better? 46 votes

Fallout 3
67%
HotelierHotbird[Deleted User]cosmicsoupRich_LgotherBobbity-booIan KaneseanfEddie_Rabbittgds1972ClanroydenAndy2megatron_manbigtunesBeanybunÆnimaBio Maxshoestring25sodavlac 31 votes
Fallout New Vegas
32%
Brian1709MurkHetalritchBiffo the BearSick Bulletjediknight2k1The Special OneYoshi Fanba_baracusFlawed-TacticsJimmy_McNultyVast_Girth[Deleted User]Tal'shiar 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout 3
    3 was so much better than New Vegas. I liked NV but it seemed so much smaller than 3.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 3 by a long shot imo better storyline, better characters and bigger world.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    I'll buck the trend by saying Vegas.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout 3
    Just vanilla game.

F3 had the better and larger world.
    NV had better mechanics and gameplay.
    Both had good and bad points to their story.

I'd say Fallout 3 just edges it.
  • Options
    Black HughBlack Hugh Posts: 1,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout 3
    I enjoyed both immensely but would put FO 3 slightly ahead.

Can't wait till November:)
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout 3
    I liked NV but F3 was far better. More to see and do, a bigger world and you could do more side-quests without constantly being dragged back onto the main storyline. I wasn't too keen on having to be constantly vigilant just in case I had upset one of the rival factions.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout New Vegas
    I don't know how people can claim F3 is better than NV. New Vegas is F3 with expansions. It's a complete experience, a modern RPG masterpiece. If I was Bethesda i'd be embarassed a smaller dev team was able to create such a more immersive and rewarding experience.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played again both recently and its a hard call. Fallout 3 was bigger but was let down by liner story towards the end. New Vegas had more choices and I like dlc more but not being able to play after the Hoover Dam battle was disappointing. I know it was the same with Fallout 3 until Broken Steel.
    Walking a around the Strip would have been interesting seeing the immediate effect to choices made. It would have been Tenpenny Tower all over again so parts.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fallout New Vegas
    Marginally I'd go for New Vegas, though there's little between the two. Both had their flaws, but both were fantastic games.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallout New Vegas
    When it comes down to it FO3 had a better world which I think makes people vote for it, I don't blame them as it is a more interesting environment. But I just think new Vegas does nearly everything else better.