Dragons' Den - 9pm - 06/09/10

124»

Comments

• DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan is having a right old dig at James. He did time it to perfection.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    Well I just been watching it on the iPlayer, now if everyone goes to the 35th minute and look at what Duncan is doing then you can see as clear as daylights.

Duncan is sitting normally, as soon as the camera goes onto James you see him sticking two fingers up, then yawning and sticking two fingers up again. Its timed so brillantly.

lol. direct link to the time in question. http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/tr1df/?t=35m09s
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RED_ wrote: »
    He has made deals in the past and in the series but its just that he doesnt sell himself very well, stays quiet most of the time and to be honest he has little knowledge in the sectors that generally come through the show. He is a bit crap too. So is Deborah who will only invest herself if she sees the other dragons jumping at it, otherwise its always with someone else.

Well James and Deborah were on the One Show together last week and Deborah was on "Would I Lie To You" so I'm wondering if that's a small clue?

Personally I wouldn't be that sad to see James and Deb go. Keep Theo, Duncan and Peter and bring in two new dragons.
  • jonm01jonm01 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Here's that estate agent pair's website, it's rubbish! All you can do is register, there's no actual properties to look at.

http://usforhomes.co.uk

Hopeless.

It's nothing new either. There are several similar operations already,
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    I can't warm to JC either. DM would be no great loss either. Keep the other three though. The show needs a shake up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I just spotted that the governments Intellectual Property Office (IPO) that manages patents, trade marks, designs and copyright - have been doing a Dragons Den blog each week.

Seems to talk about each weeks show and what things are patent protected or trade marked and some handy hints.

Its at http://www.ipo.gov.uk/dragonsden or @the_ipo (twitter)
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL best moment in the den ever!!!!! Peter realing off the reasons to pick him and he went and shook hands with Duncan.

He made the right choice IMHO.

That was funny.

Has anyone looked at his site? It has the biggest collection of car and motorbike tat I've ever seen. God knows how he manages to sell all that stuff.

As for James Caan, what is his niche? All the other dragons have their own sectors, Peter in tech, Deb in hotels, Theo in retail and Duncan in health and leisure but I've no idea about James other than being able to hand over money.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Doesn't JC head up a private equity company? Forgotten the name of it but that seems to be his main thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    Well I just been watching it on the iPlayer, now if everyone goes to the 35th minute and look at what Duncan is doing then you can see as clear as daylights.

Duncan is sitting normally, as soon as the camera goes onto James you see him sticking two fingers up, then yawning and sticking two fingers up again. Its timed so brillantly.

Thanks a lot for this, I enjoyed this too... there's two ways of looking at it. Either it's incredibly childish, or daring schoolboy antics. I'm sure they've already edited all the episodes already, so there's a good chance of further antics making it through as well. I wasn't watching it at the time but was listening to that bit. People can still miss it if they are concentrating on the content of what James is saying.
  • DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    SXTony wrote: »
    As for James Caan, what is his niche? All the other dragons have their own sectors, Peter in tech, Deb in hotels, Theo in retail and Duncan in health and leisure but I've no idea about James other than being able to hand over money.

He's a venture capitalist, so his niche is investing in growing businesses and selling them off once he's made a profit. Perfect for DD you'd think...
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    lol. direct link to the time in question. http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/tr1df/?t=35m09s

Oh my god! That is shocking and looks so deliberate as well! The editors surely must have seen this!