Hotgossip wrote: »

Who says crime doesn't pay?:p

Agreed.

When earning a living you have to work twice as hard when it's honest. :(
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? It's just one day.

I wouldn't begrudge them one day of food that doesn't look like it's been thrown up.

it's all some of them ever get and will ever get again. A lot of them may be violent criminals. But you've got to throw a dog a bone. they are human, and sometimes humans do terrible things.no just system in my book should be based on cruelty.

A nice meal on christmas.

Yes and I think we should let them all out because prison, well its just, it's inhumane. Get rid of Judges and courts too. Those poor people being labelled criminals and being punished for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's not the fault of Snake that some silly stupid kid was on the kerb whilst he was drug driving, perhaps if she didn't have the audacity to get her neck lodged under his wheels she would still be alive, poor man.

And what about Stephen the man who was attracted to children who was horrifically labelled a paedophile by society just because children made sexual advances towards him, evil children I blame their parents. If they had been watching their children then they would never have jumped into the boot of this poor mans car *sobs*. It's not his fault, they made him abuse them. it's so unfair for these people they are the real victims here *cries*

We need to stop the inhumanity of prisons and knock them all down now and let those poor souls free, it's Christmas for pity's sakes *bawls*
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Wow, way to go completely over the top.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Yes and I think we should let them all out because prison, well its just, it's inhumane. Get rid of Judges and courts too. Those poor people being labelled criminals and being punished for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's not the fault of Snake that some silly stupid kid was on the kerb whilst he was drug driving, perhaps if she didn't have the audacity to get her neck lodged under his wheels she would still be alive, poor man.

And what about Stephen the man who was attracted to children who was horrifically labelled a paedophile by society just because children made sexual advances towards him, evil children I blame their parents. If they had been watching their children then they would never have jumped into the boot of this poor mans car *sobs*. It's not his fault, they made him abuse them. it's so unfair for these people they are the real victims here *cries*

We need to stop the inhumanity of prisons and knock them all down now, it's Christmas for pity's sakes *bawls*

How on earth did you get all of that from what Flamethrower typed?. How in any way does not begrudging the prisoners a Christmas dinner once a year equate to him wanting the entire justice and prison systems dismantled?.
  • BurtiBurti Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I know someone whose husband is currently in prison and he reckons the food is "excellent". I should say here that his wife is a great cook so he should know!

He has no complaints at all about the food. He also says he is getting much better medical care in there than he ever did at our local surgery!

I also used to know a girl who went to prison with broken brown stumps for teeth (drug addict) and came out with a gleaming white set of teeth courtesy of the NHS, which would have cost a fortune on the outside.

Who says crime doesn't pay?:p
    Thanks for posting what most of us already knew. Prison is nothing but a holiday camp with a health spa too by the sounds of it :mad:
  • BurtiBurti Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what? It's just one day.

I wouldn't begrudge them one day of food that doesn't look like it's been thrown up.

it's all some of them ever get and will ever get again. A lot of them may be violent criminals. But you've got to throw a dog a bone. they are human, and sometimes humans do terrible things.no just system in my book should be based on cruelty.

A nice meal on christmas.

the only prisoner who deserves a luxury dinner is Tony Martin but thankfully he's not in prison any more. That poor innocent man deserved a knight hood not a bloody prison sentance!:(
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you put a dog in a cage and treat him like shit he will come out and treat you like shit...
    Forum Member
    Burti wrote: »
    Thanks for posting what most of us already knew. Prison is nothing but a holiday camp with a health spa too by the sounds of it :mad:

Burti Meecha! You do sound familiar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member

If students pay fees why not charge prisoners for their accomodation and food / luxuries as a cushy lifestyle is no punishment so what about a finincial ball and chain for them once they leave .What about 250 / 300 pounds per week so they can accumulate some debt that they can work off when they finish their short sentances .If they have assets deduct this or make them sell them .
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    hi folks sorry I'm the bearer of more bad news but I just have to bring this to our attention, I've been commenting about it on a other forum, it makes me sick:

Roast turkey is on the menu for inmates at Wakefield Prison, who will tuck into a three-day festive feast this Christmas.
    Britain's worst criminals will wake up to a cooked breakfast on Christmas Day, followed by tomato soup and turkey with all the trimmings for lunch...

Perhaps you'd like to join them or would rather be at home with friends and family?

BTW, this was brought up last year.

.. Prison is nothing but a holiday camp with a health spa too by the sounds of it :mad:

When are you going to leave home and move in? :rolleyes:
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If students pay fees why not charge prisoners for their accomodation and food / luxuries as a cushy lifestyle is no punishment so what about a finincial ball and chain for them once they leave .What about 250 / 300 pounds per week so they can accumulate some debt that they can work off when they finish their short sentances .If they have assets deduct this or make them sell them .

So when they get out of prison and are in debt they will have to commit crimes to pay it off.
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only prisoner who deserves a luxury dinner is Tony Martin but thankfully he's not in prison any more. That poor innocent man deserved a knight hood not a bloody prison sentance!:(

Every time you make a post you reveal a little bit more about yourself. You are a brave person indeed.
    Forum Member
    So when they get out of prison and are in debt they will have to commit crimes to pay it off.

So being in debts = criminal behavior to pay them off. Let the students and credit card owners be told how to ovecome financial difficulty .:D
    Forum Member

Maybe get some work gardening or sweeping up - like normal people do
    Forum Member

Have you noticed that there are a lot of unemployed people in this country because there are not enough jobs to go round?

Perhaps you want to rethink your idea.
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

I don't do gardening - should I be in prison? Am I abnormal? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Burti Meecha! You do sound familiar.

Just what I was thinking, same posting style, same attitude, same comments all sounding very familiar.
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    Have you noticed that there are a lot of unemployed people in this country because there are not enough jobs to go round?

Perhaps you want to rethink your idea.

No .Its sound
    Forum Member
    I don't do gardening - should I be in prison? Am I abnormal? :confused:

Dunno - Try reading the context of a post in relation to other posts and it may make more sense .
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Dunno - Try reading the context of a post in relation to other posts and it may make more sense .

I did - your post still makes no sense.
    Forum Member
    No .Its sound

Ok. If you're happy with it, that's fine.

It's irrelevant anyway as it is never going to happen.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't be silly now, only innocent victims of miscarriages of justice have to pay for the privilege of their "bed and board" in the UK, deducted from the compensation they are awarded for their time wrongfully imprisoned. The guilty are fed, clothed and kept warm for free.
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danleto wrote: »
    If you put a dog in a cage and treat him like shit he will come out and treat you like shit...

But what if the dog was there because he'd bitten someone???
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hi folks sorry I'm the bearer of more bad news but I just have to bring this to our attention...

Prisoners are for one day of the year not treated like animals and that's bad news?

Jesus, I'd hate to think like that.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what I was thinking, same posting style, same attitude, same comments all sounding very familiar.

Not enough exclamation marks.